• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which client use?

Which client use?

• Total voters

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im surprised they can't get UO to work in a browser now.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@HoneythornGump

I don't agree with your comments about the CC, most people (myself included) love how things look like in the classic since it was created that way in the first place. However I 100% agree with this statement "KR may not have been the be all end all, but it was a step in the right direction. A step towards higher resolution", it was a sad day when they decided to remove KR... or should I say merge it with the EC

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Porting the client's C language circa 1996, not to mention sorting out all the server's reportedly homegrown scripting/DB interactions and probably C code to Unity or whatever (actually I think Unity is getting out of browser development)...I would maybe only wish that job on my worst enemy, because it would pretty much go like this.

Financially, it may have been feasible at UO's subscriber peak when the technology wasn't there. But browser technology evolves so quickly and haphazardly that much of the development would have just gone into dealing with clowns at Microsoft unilaterally reinventing browser standards. There's a reason why browser MMOs were a popular idea for like one year before studios started saying hell no.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
EC for me its better for more function that CC not have. But i see on facebook most screen made with CC and curiosity cover me.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would use ec but hurts my eyes after awhile. ec is way better with pincos. if fact some people would say that it allows u to do things that others would consider illegal lol. I hope I can keep my friends from leaving if they don't do something about the disparity between the two clients.