• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wishing to return to UO however....

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello U.Hall, appreciate your time in reading this.

I've had the itch to play some U.O. as this game has a lot of memories to boot, I.E. I met my wife almost 11 years ago. =)

I currently have 2 accounts but have no idea what are on either. Is there any way to activate them for 3 or 7 days?

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I've had the itch to play some U.O. as this game has a lot of memories to boot, I.E. I met my wife almost 11 years ago. =)

I currently have 2 accounts but have no idea what are on either. Is there any way to activate them for 3 or 7 days?
I believe a month is the minimum subscription length, unless they roll out a "Return to UO" event, which I've heard nothing about.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya so 14.99 for 1 month time code...or wait till summer time when they often run the return to brit program and give ya 30 days free to reactivate

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I'm being cheap about the $12.99. Was just hoping there was away to check which account had what because I only plan on opening one account ultimately.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Japan used to sell 10 day codes once upon a time for approximately $5 USD. Out of curiosity, would you activate an account for $5? Would this be a good or a bad thing for UO to offer such codes?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When I returned after a long hiatus, I was also skeptical of spending money on an older monthly subscription game. However, it ended up being one of best gaming decisions I've ever made.

Regardless of what you have sitting in your bank account or left on your character from days of old, there is a lot of great new content out there and a large number of UO community members who would be willing to help you get started again.

Pony up for the 1 month pass. You won't regret it. If you come to Atlantic, send me a PM or ICQ and I'd be more than willing to lend a hand where I can.

Best of luck.

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its well worth returning. I returned to Europa after nearly 13 years away and have enjoyed every minute of it. I decided to set up a guild in January for New and Returning players and we now have over 40 members which is not bad for a game that so many people say is dead. Every day at 6pm UK time there is a meeting at Britain bank where players gather for a chat and to help the new and returning players. If you want my opinion I say return.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran

When I came back my banks were empty. So if your just looking for stuff you might just try one account for now. A lot has changed and a lot is the same. I think you'll have a great time.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Appreciate the comments. I've decided I will come back to play, just need to determine what shard to play on with people that can play during the hours I'm able to. Being 8 to 11 pacific time usually.

I would have reactivated sooner but I've been extremely busy and unable to have time to even get on my computer outside of paying the bills.

My 3 shards I have toons on I believe are Sonoma, Baja, and Atlanta. I'll check in via my phone to see who possibly plays during those times and wants a buddy to tag with them in mainly only pvm style play.

Thanks everyone, I've always loved this community!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Appreciate the comments. I've decided I will come back to play, just need to determine what shard to play on with people that can play during the hours I'm able to. Being 8 to 11 pacific time usually.

I would have reactivated sooner but I've been extremely busy and unable to have time to even get on my computer outside of paying the bills.

My 3 shards I have toons on I believe are Sonoma, Baja, and Atlanta. I'll check in via my phone to see who possibly plays during those times and wants a buddy to tag with them in mainly only pvm style play.

Thanks everyone, I've always loved this community!

I play Legends but Atlantic is certainly the populated shard. So if you want busy with a lot of people I'd try there. If you like something a little quieter you might focus on the other shards you have characters on. You can pretty much walk around Luna during prime time and get an idea of the populations and vendor stuff available. When you need something, you need something, that does matter. But like on Legends if it's not on a vendor someone will probably sell or give it to you if you ask in chat. I think we're all hoarders on Legends ;)

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, most won't recall , but I was Co gm to "xFU" or variations of that, it stands for Flaming Unicorns and we all wore purple robes.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's done, got home at a decent hour and downloaded the client while doing daddy duties. Tonight I'll get to see what I have and where I may want to start again.

Totally want to stay home from work today! But that won't work. Le sigh.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gah! Was to excited and checked on my account toons. Totally opened the wrong account! Grrr.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I can pull all the gear and gold ect off it at least. Not that that one had much at all other than a 120ed fencing scribe mage on Baja and a decent crafter on Atl.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well it's done, got home at a decent hour and downloaded the client while doing daddy duties. Tonight I'll get to see what I have and where I may want to start again.

Totally want to stay home from work today! But that won't work. Le sigh.

LOL! I missed a few days of work in my day. When a new land mass with housing opened or just stayed up way to late having a great time :) When a new shard opened up close to me. Then have the client crash every 3 or 4 minutes all day with all the people trying to place houses. I haven't had that level of excitement for the game in a long time.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
What shard do you mainly play on Luckym

I was on Great Lakes forever. A few years ago I just wanted to do something different. I started playing Legends for a new experience. I never looked back. The people on Legends are the best and lots of opportunities come up to own a castle and such. Not crowded at all but always someone around when you need help. It's just a friendly quiet shard. The Mayberry RFD of UO. :p We know our PKs by name ;) From time to time I make a list of stuff I need and bring it over from Atlantic. But it's not overly expensive buying tokens if I stay organized with a list and make sure I pick up everything I've been wanting. It is a hobby after all and tokens are cheaper and healthier than crack ;) But I'm a rares guy and some of that stuff one can only find on Atlantic regardless of what shard you play. The plus side of Legends though is I'd never be able to get my Trinsic dream castle on Atlantic so it all balances out :)

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much are tokens these days? I think my 120 Discord Tamer is over on Atl. And I'd rather play with ppl than solo.

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still that high huh? OK cool, yeah I've done my fair share of transferring back when we played.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Still that high huh? OK cool, yeah I've done my fair share of transferring back when we played.

They do go on sale but not real often. You can often buy them from vendors for around 50 mill give or take. If you bought 100 mill for about 25 bucks *cough* that would make them about $12.50 in real cash. Just saying... *scurries off*

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha!

It still is bonkers to me how much gold value has diminished. I recall when a million was 30$ now it's 15 cents!

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blah, found my toons worth a my thing are on Atlantic. I have a tamer and a dexxer. Just need to figure out gear for them.

I wish I recalled my other account. Had a 120 provoke discord tamer on it. Grrr!

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Welcome back to the game!

Kirah Blackstaff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After doing an inventory last night I realise I'm missing an account. Emailed broadstone, here's to hoping they are able to retrieve it!

MadSeven

Visitor
Its well worth returning. I returned to Europa after nearly 13 years away and have enjoyed every minute of it. I decided to set up a guild in January for New and Returning players and we now have over 40 members which is not bad for a game that so many people say is dead. Every day at 6pm UK time there is a meeting at Britain bank where players gather for a chat and to help the new and returning players. If you want my opinion I say return.
I've been trying to get a hold of you...have room for an oldie?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Japan used to sell 10 day codes once upon a time for approximately $5 USD. Out of curiosity, would you activate an account for $5? Would this be a good or a bad thing for UO to offer such codes?
I believe it would be a good thing, but it should not be useful to refresh a house for an other 90 days.

Maybe make it so you can only place a 7x7 house and can't be co-owner to a house or co-own someone to the house. Also house will fall after 30 days, if you let account go inactive. This will allow players to get back and try the game just like with trial accounts but on their own account.