• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So ....are time codes being delivered if purchased?

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone buy one or many in the past 7 days?

1month? 6 month? more?

Thank you in advance!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
About a week ago, I had to re-sub one of my 6-mo. accounts due to CC expiration. Code arrived in email less than 10 minutes.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mine took 4.5 days, though apparently if you make a post on here about the game, it instantly turns up in your email inbox ;)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never waited more then 5-10 for any code from EA.....not sure why I am so lucky
But then I never have a the nightmares others have with account management either
but I have always kept my email address associated with the game and my accounts upto date.
If they cant email you the code because your email address is out of date and they have to go search for another email address.....that could take a few days for them to bother with it

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
timberwolf - " I have never waited more then 5-10 [days] for any code from EA"

I bought over the weekend and waited 3 days

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Had to re-sub one of my accounts just last week due to CC expiration and I got my code within 5-10 minutes of purchase. Despite a lot of the moaning about account management, I was able to update everything and get re-subbed on first try.

On the other hand, my sister had same happen to her about two or three weeks ago, (sub ran out, CC on file had expired) and it took her 48 hours to get a code. She also had to reset her password (simply forgot it) before making the purchase, so not sure if that was a factor in the extended time.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought gametime codes a week or so ago and they were ready by the time my cart refreshed and displayed in the post-purchase screen, didn't have to wait for an email

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Do most people still buy game time codes?
I guess I never thought much about using my Credit card in account management.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started buying them when I stopped being 100% sure I was going to renew my subs every time.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to be instant the last two times took 2 days for 1 and 3 days for the second. Just bought 2 transfers about a hour ago and have the Order Pending blah blah 24-48 hours for delivery email. About ready to go back to using the broker site that sells the xfrs $5 less than the UO store and does not make you order them 1 at a time!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, I've never used a game code, just have accounts on auto renew under Subscriptions - but then I don't juggle houses

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Used to be instant the last two times took 2 days for 1 and 3 days for the second. Just bought 2 transfers about a hour ago and have the Order Pending blah blah 24-48 hours for delivery email. About ready to go back to using the broker site that sells the xfrs $5 less than the UO store and does not make you order them 1 at a time!
And delivers them to you now...not later

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
When your card gets charged and declined for an EA game you didn't order, not just once but three times in Korea, you'll change your mind about leaving your CC info for purchases in the system.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
When your card gets charged and declined for an EA game you didn't order, not just once but three times in Korea, you'll change your mind about leaving your CC info for purchases in the system.
Hasn't happened once in 16 years, I'll play the odds.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's why I use to prepaid throwaway, and only load it as is needed....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well this last order took 23 hours to complete. Did an experiment sort of used two account log in and two credit cards and ordered one xfr token on each with in 5 minutes of each other. One arrived at 21 hours and the second arrived at 23 hours. My son ordered one at the same time using one of my credit cards that I used to order one of mine and got his token instantly on the screen after the confirmation screen. Makes no sense to me :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye!!! the second after u pay for the code u get it instantly on screen ...as always...then u get a second email 24 hours later just for good measure

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye!!! the second after u pay for the code u get it instantly on screen ...as always...then u get a second email 24 hours later just for good measure
That used to be the case for me, now I always get "Order Pending" when using a CC, if I pay with paypal I still get the code instant. That just started happening like 2 weeks ago.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been order pending for me as well for months. I did the chat to see what was going on and they said it was a new fraud feature that went into effect. I assumed it was meant for everyone so glad to know I'm one of the minorities.

Icing on the cake is it's tripping the double charge on my credit card since I have to order 1 at a time.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 hours and still waiting for mine. It say max 24 hours waiting now. used to be 72 , and I waited almost 72 once. 24 -ish more often. Im on Europa if that matterrs? Many ppl here have to wait long.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okis well last 3....october december and febuary //// ive purchased via paypal not cc were instant codes

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ive had to wait several days to the last two times I purchased game time codes.

Shmi

Visitor
The last time I purchased a game code I had to wait right at 2 days. But it was an upgrade to time of legends, from where I just had started playing again. So maybe it's different for different codes. I don't know. But waiting was horrible!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use a VISA CC that is issued from a US Calif bank in the US Origin Store and have always gotten my orders instantly and an E-Mail within less than 2 hours with the same info. Maybe it is the type of CC you are using.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the relevant part of the E-mails I have gotten last 3 times I ordered with a CC instead of paypal.. Anyone else remember when you had to call and actually talk to a CS rep to get a Time or Adv. character code :)

"We’re processing your order and still need some time to deliver your game.

We process most orders within 24 hours. In order to protect our customers, we sometimes require additional verification and it can take up to 48 hours to complete an order. "

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My codes so far were delivered within the 72 hours. No call needed. 26 hours now and still waiting.. I guess I should buy 6 more months now for next account..shouldnt be far away.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My codes so far were delivered within the 72 hours. No call needed. 26 hours now and still waiting.. I guess I should buy 6 more months now for next account..shouldnt be far away.

I was talking about before there was a UO store or online buying option, if you wanted a code you had to call the phone number, read off the credit card info, then they ran the card and read the code off to you. That has been a day or three ago back in time.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aah ok, I didnt use the store before the account management started to refuse my cc that always worked before and still works for buying codes and everything else. Still waiting btw. 29 hours now..

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Aah ok, I didnt use the store before the account management started to refuse my cc that always worked before and still works for buying codes and everything else. Still waiting btw. 29 hours now..
My CC routinely denies EA/Origin. Or at least twice in the last 6 months. I usually go to account management and click the button with the exact same info and it always goes through the second time. Weird. It keeps me on my toes though making sure all my accounts are active. I usually find out when I can't log in. One of my accounts just holds a house and I seldom checked it. But I do now. Maybe this is their fix for people playing the 90 day game. One takes a big chance waiting till the last minute to resub lol