• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Strangest Thing You Ever Did In Game...

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was just sitting here, thinking about some of the things I've done while playing UO, and I remembered an event in which I participated. In fact, I believe I spearheaded the event.

Back when blacksmiths used to hang out at the Brit forge, I managed to coax thirty or so of the blacksmiths to strip down and streak with me through Britain, yelling just random things as we wove our way through town. The event only lasted five minutes or so (we made two circuits through town), but it was an absolute blast. I wish I still had screenshots of it.

So... what is the most random thing you've ever done while playing in the wacky world we have all come to know and love?

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I used to do things like repopulate the swamp north of Britain with Unicorns... I also used to fill all the sheep pens in Yew with them.... Had to move them somewhere to respawn another one back in the day.

And one day I decided I should just round up every White Wolf and Snow Leopard on the entire island of Ice... looked something like this:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Back in the day on Pacific a big group of us would put on pink dresses and sit in chairs in the Miasma area and shoot out a ton of EV's at the Miasma and watch him die.

When the Purple Llama showed up there was always a lot of cheering.

Just silly fun stuff.

Last edited:

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I didn't do this, but I was there when it went by: many years ago on Great Lakes, a few people apparently decided to work the herding skill. They must have cleared out the forests around Brit, because they managed to herd hundreds of animals through town, in a sort of living river. This was at the time when people still hung around the bank. As the train went by, players would follow along until it looked like they were being herded as well, eventually making its way throughout the land. It was one of the weirdest tours of Sosaria. It's the kind of sand-boxy thing you only get in UO.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When people were bank sitting in Brit I had a bad habit of making uni's and ki's go wild and then they would attack the bad karma bank sitters...........

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That one too Lady Storm. *smiles*

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the days, when herded animals followed you through gates and LL entrances I once started herding all animals around delucia, led them to the LL entrance near Trinsic, picked up every other herdable mob, went through and continued the trek to britain. Continued to pick up animals on the way and arrived with an army at WBB. People went crazy... both in positive and negative ways. Was a blast.
Created a thread about it in the MyUO forums with screenshots and stuff. Unfortunately that is lost...

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I like going out with a friend, xfielding someone in with efields, dismounting them and then taking turns as one person casts summon creature until they're max pet slot as the other person prevents the fielded person from recalling/teleporting... And then unleashing the zoo on the fielded victim.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There was this one time at bard camp... :mf_prop:

Back when the Bane Chosen were camped out at the Spirituality gate in Ilshenar, I took my tamer to the Oaks spawn and worked it up till the Ki-rins appeared. I then herded them all down to the camp and watched them rip the Chosen to shreds.

Yes, I was really bored.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strangest thing to _others_ i did, was also my favourite occupation.. banksit at wbb, for hours and hours at a time.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in 1998-1999 I would go out taming dragons many Friday & Saturday nights after the bars closed. By the time servers went down, I would have
around 20 dragons, 6-7 white wyrms, and 6-7 nightmares all in my house. After server wars ended and when servers came back up I would
immediately feed them all then go to sleep.:sleep2:

Waking around 9:30am I would recall to Brit bank and line them up in perfect rows along the water then proceed to sell them to everyone.
Usually by 11am my pets would all be sold. I made a killing (at the time it was REALLY good money/gold) doing this. It became so profitable
that within 5-6months of doing this, I started seeing competitors doing the same. :rolleyes:

Chances are if you played back then on ATL and bought your pets on weekends at Brit Bank.... I was your provider. :thumbup:
This was obviously long before pet bonding and follower limits. It was great fun and darn good gold. :smile2:

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was this one time at bard camp... :mf_prop:

Back when the Bane Chosen were camped out at the Spirituality gate in Ilshenar, I took my tamer to the Oaks spawn and worked it up till the Ki-rins appeared. I then herded them all down to the camp and watched them rip the Chosen to shreds.

Yes, I was really bored.
I did this too. I love herding! I once herded the Ki Rin spawn over to the Humility champ spawn. The biggest pain in the butt was getting them all through Justice Valley. Had to keep luring them as far as I could as they'd break herd to go fight the other spawn along the way.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a fun char in RP, a necromancer suffering of Amnesia and flatulence. When I pressed a macro, he casted a flamestrike on himself making a fart-noise and saying: "On you knees, you fools! I am the keeper of the flames of Anus!" In PVP- situations where I had no chance I used that macro to commit suicide. Unfortunately, the macro was on the key "a", so I killed myself permanently, e.g. While chatting, while fighting Navrey, while banksitting. One day I attended a solemn farewell to a player that had passed away. They were holding speeches, after about 45 min I fell asleep and banged my head on the keyboard. Guess what...

And they made a video of this sad and solemn event with my char making "Pooop", saying "On you knees, you fools, I am keeper of the flames of Anus!", laughing insanely and burning myself to ashes...

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no no Zosimus its the most toys in the game ...... I have you way.......................... out numbered!

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I was just sitting here, thinking about some of the things I've done while playing UO, and I remembered an event in which I participated. In fact, I believe I spearheaded the event.

Back when blacksmiths used to hang out at the Brit forge, I managed to coax thirty or so of the blacksmiths to strip down and streak with me through Britain, yelling just random things as we wove our way through town. The event only lasted five minutes or so (we made two circuits through town), but it was an absolute blast. I wish I still had screenshots of it.

So... what is the most random thing you've ever done while playing in the wacky world we have all come to know and love?
Created My 1st Toon,,,What a Long Strange Trip its been !!! :thumbup:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Strangest thing i ever did was:

Killing a toon of my account with another toon of the same account.

It happend till now in my 17 years of game play 3 times, that when i logged out and logged in with another toon of the same account, i found my other toon still standing there. - One time i killed that char with the other one.
I could not log back instantly, as i am still in fighting mode and need to time out. - But when i could change to the other toon. - I found myself being a ghost..... :gee:

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Strangest thing? Raising camping. Most fun: killing Lum The Mad. Oh, and visiting green acres.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No no no Zosimus its the most toys in the game ...... I have you way.......................... out numbered!

Ha! It's not about the pixels. It's what you accomplished in the game is the only true measurement of winning.

Now go buy yourself some Pop Tarts and Red Bull. You have tons of catching up to ever beat me.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't like pop tarts and yuk on the red bull.... but I have done a lot in game my dear and have trophy's to show for it. Too bad I couldn't mount all the idiots heads who got in my way on my wall. now that would be a castle full of head shots!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think first year of UO I started on catskill (then went to siege when it opened).
there were a group in line with only loin cloths on and masks.
they were doing the alternating bow up and down (every even person bows at step 1 and other s bow at step 2)

I think they were chanting also and had a leader leading this drill thing.

later in covetous they would roll in a kill everyone. the guy had a macro that taunted you as he killed you with e-bolts (how'd you like that? want another?)

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Waaaay back in the day I would stage collapsed houses just off the roads on Sonoma with my lumberjack/tinker/carpenter/fletcher crafter. I would make and place a bunch of chests like a house fell and then load them up with logs to make it look like they had stuff in them then i'd trap the chests.

My crafter character was red from all of the curious people that would run down the roads and see my fake collapsed house and die from the trapped chests. Hehe

I think they changed how trapping and murder counts work since then so I haven't done that in a long time.

Zeph Wightfyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before Renaissance was released, my friends and I used to hang out in Moonglow. Anyone familiar with the scene on GL at the time can tell you you that Moonglow was a hotspot for PvP. Reds stalked the woods around the moongate, and every time you'd come through you'd have to make a mad dash for the city gates. One week, it seemed like we were getting ganked every time we left town and we eventually got sick of it. So, in response, we formed a coalition called the Newd Newbie Brigade. We ditched all of our items except for the bare essentials at the time and took the fight to the PKs. At one point we had something like 20 - 25 naked newbies chasing reds around the forests of Moonglow.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In moonglow on greatlakes one of the building you could put a chest on the ground next to the wall and after about 15mins a statue weighing 255stone would be in the chest. Sounds stupid but back then it was fun.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of good stories in this thread.
I was a fairly young player during the New Magincia invasion and didn't really know what was going on. This was on Legends, which was highly populated back then. I saw a bunch of players surrounding a daemon of some kind and ran in with my sampire to help kill it. I didn't realize until later that they were trying to lure it near a building to get rubble when it exploded, or however that worked. Anyway, I thought everybody would be happy when I ran in and red-lined it with my mighty soul seeker, and I felt like a noble warrior when it killed me just before I took it down. Suddenly everybody started yelling, "Don't rez him. He's a ****! What a ****! Nobody rez him." I slinked off in shame as a ghost and didn't come back to recover my body.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A lot of good stories in this thread.
I was a fairly young player during the New Magincia invasion and didn't really know what was going on. This was on Legends, which was highly populated back then. I saw a bunch of players surrounding a daemon of some kind and ran in with my sampire to help kill it. I didn't realize until later that they were trying to lure it near a building to get rubble when it exploded, or however that worked. Anyway, I thought everybody would be happy when I ran in and red-lined it with my mighty soul seeker, and I felt like a noble warrior when it killed me just before I took it down. Suddenly everybody started yelling, "Don't rez him. He's a ****! What a ****! Nobody rez him." I slinked off in shame as a ghost and didn't come back to recover my body.
Sadly as a Knight I had to play the good guy card and I did NOT make a lot of friends in that invasion because I was the one hitting them and dragging them back out of the city to kill them...

Most the "rubble" I got was plant related.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe what a great thread :) I've done alot of strange things in my time playing UO. Because im obsessed with bears, sometimes when I was playing alone and bored I'd tamed a load of bears and release them places like Vesper graveyard and watch them battle the undead.

Being part of the Europa RP community though for many many years gave me my favourite random memories. Like yourself @Corwyn , myself and my roleplay guild Vesper grew restless one night and decided to go on a streakathon across Britannia to the other RP guilds.

One of my other fondest memories is a night where there was only a few of us on thinking of things to do. Vesper was at war with Trinsic in our RP community so someone came up with the idea to get 5 gorillas each and polymorph into gorillas ourselves as most of us were mages. We proceeded to storm the sandstone gates and actually managed to kill someone lol.

Last edited:

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PerPETual motion machine. Back in the days when we could have more than five pets at a time, I would gather seven or eight mixed wolves and bears, with the pets following each other in a chain. I would walk around a small house, and close the chain by having the first pet in the chain follow the last pet.

They would continue to circle the house for hours.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Some good stories up there :thumbup1:

Strangest and most fun thing I ever did was hit WBB late nights on Atlantic with Star Trek [Trek] guild and rp us being on yet another world. We had all the main original characters. I was Spock for any that remember the fun that was had from it.

Stupidest thing I have ever done? Before the Elves hit our world they were having events here and there. One of which was a bunch of high powered Bog Things were attacking in a swamp. I had never participated in large events because I had an old pc but had stepped up to a new one and figured the lag would not be bad. At any rate... once one of the critters died and I went to loot it. There was nothing on the corpse but something called "A Bog Creatures Skin"... I looked at it.. said "No mods on it at all?!?!" Nobody is gonna want that ever so I left it on the corpse. Later that night they were spamming the bank with selling them for 150m back then... :yell: .. I still get ticked at myself over that all these years later :mf_prop:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I once filled the star room with Kirins and I mean filled it. Then stealth down to despise and waited till the coon was almost dead...revealed dropped an ev and a flame strike and as it died I dashed into the gate and immediately invised my self. I was of course immediately followed into star and I watched the kirins just destroy the attackers! :)

It was my second favorite moment in game!

My favourite moment was 10+ years later listening to a now guildie ( then enemy) in vent describing the event.....from their perspective not remembering it was me that did it....when we all stopped laughing there were tears flowing :)