• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

npc buying bug

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Has anyone else noticed that they can no longer buy things from an NPC with gold in their bag?

it automatically defaults to the bank. so when starting a new character you have to deposit it before doing anything.

this happened on catskills again to me last night at the luna stables and the chivalry trainer when buying a book.

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you are buying skill training from the NPC which if I remember correctly you still have to drop physical gold on them. I don't mind it either way but it would nice if it were consistent.

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the new currency system, but this just seems silly to me. What happens when a new player logs in, they see have 1000 gold they go to buy something for say 20 gold, and are told they lack the required funds. Unless I'm mistaken the explanation for the new currency system only pops up on test center so a brand new player or even a returning player creating a character on a regular shard might get a little confused.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Unless you are buying skill training from the NPC which if I remember correctly you still have to drop physical gold on them. I don't mind it either way but it would nice if it were consistent.
Nah, I was buying a horse and a chivalry book.

You still have to drop gold to train skills.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
This reminds me of something. Yesterday I was getting Glorious Lord back for like the 10,000th time, lol, and was remembering how NPCs use to go crazy when when you had high reputation and fame and stopped in their shop. I miss that.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This reminds me of something. Yesterday I was getting Glorious Lord back for like the 10,000th time, lol, and was remembering how NPCs use to go crazy when when you had high reputation and fame and stopped in their shop. I miss that.
That'd be cool if they initiated that. I wouldn't mind seeing the reaction of one of my dread lords strolling by.

And also fix this so new players can buy things without needing to put their good in the bank...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's one of many small things that made this game cool, that were removed.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They still bow to you if you have near max karma.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That'd be cool if they initiated that. I wouldn't mind seeing the reaction of one of my dread lords strolling by.

And also fix this so new players can buy things without needing to put their good in the bank...
Or simpler, instead of the message saying "You lack the required funds," change it to "You need to deposit gold in the bank" @Kyronix @Bleak

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will have to play with this because it's been a while.

Do you know offhand what max karma is?
I believe it is 32,000. The bowing is random, but peasant type npcs seem to do it more often.

I recommend visiting Exodus a few times to feel the npc respect.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Or simpler, instead of the message saying "You lack the required funds," change it to "You need to deposit gold in the bank" @Kyronix @Bleak
eh, i think buying something should still function the same with gold in your bag as it would with gold in the bank.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
eh, i think buying something should still function the same with gold in your bag as it would with gold in the bank.
If you have gold in your pack, it should take it first. A new mage loaded up and training inscription buying blank scrolls and standing in the mage shop scribing and selling back to buy more, will soon be overloaded on weight from all the gold the NPC is giving him, making the player buy less scrolls and regs, until he finally has to leave and go bank...seems a simple thing really, but it is annoying when you are on a run gaining in skill, and have to leave.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If you have gold in your pack, it should take it first. A new mage loaded up and training inscription buying blank scrolls and standing in the mage shop scribing and selling back to buy more, will soon be overloaded on weight from all the gold the NPC is giving him, making the player buy less scrolls and regs, until he finally has to leave and go bank...seems a simple thing really, but it is annoying when you are on a run gaining in skill, and have to leave.
I'm sure the bug is unintentional.

Perhaps they'll fix it soon.

Otherwise it's completely pointless to start with gold in your bag. Let alone a paltry 1000.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whichever, you'r right it should be fixed. I'm just suggesting whichever is simpler for coding and not confusing