• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Sad Day For UO and Legends and a Great Loss (EM Avalon)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
There are reports that EM Avalon resigned on Legends due to personal reasons. I guess this has been discussed before but somehow I was totally out of the loop on this and it hit me like a brick. She was easily the greatest EM I've ever encountered in my off and on 20 years in UO. She would stop by Legends almost daily just to chat with the "animals" and it was always a fun and entertaining time. Some people just "have it" and she was one of those people that made UO a much better game. A great loss to the game and I certainly wish her the best and leave her with all the thanks and appreciation I can give.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes, it was a great loss for us at Legends and for UO in general.
Avalon was the greatest. Even though I couldn't often take part on her events due to timezone differences, bantering with her in general chat was always a lot of fun.
Safe travels and best wishes for your future endeavours, Avalon.

I would drink to your honour, but you are well aware that I did that way too much last night. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes, it was a great loss for us at Legends and for UO in general.
Avalon was the greatest. Even though I couldn't often take part on her events due to timezone differences, bantering with her in general chat was always a lot of fun.
Safe travels and best wishes for your future endeavours, Avalon.

I would drink to your honour, but you are well aware that I did that way too much last night. :p
I wish this had been posted. I check the Legends Facebook regularly. Had I known there's no way I would have missed that :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Me too. I only got word of it when she logged on yesterday. So I made great effort to take part of the event. :(

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I chatted with her twice this week in her frequent chats she had when she dropped in to check on us and not a word :(

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Mesanna why arent all the EMs required to post on UO.com as a job requirement? (or is this why so many EMs recently left?) i wouldnt think that something so simple would be worth leaving the program over.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hope she is off to bigger and better things! She was steps ahead of some of the EMs I have seen, and actually enjoyed her work so it seemed =) She will land on her feet wherever it is.

Thanks Avalon, for the fun, You will be remembered fondly.

*passes Bealank a fresh bottle of Grizelda's Extra Strength*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I imagine there is some compensation for being an EM. Since the counselors sued EA/Origin I doubt EA would make that mistake again of scheduling people without some form of compensation. In the real world if you want the best people you need to compensate them accordingly. I doubt these people that do so much for us, and that really are the cream of the crop, get enough to make it worthwhile. Sure there's the love of the game, but so many people show up just for drops, disrupt events so they will end early, just so they can get on to the next drop has gotta be really disappointing to EMs in general. EM Avalon put so much effort into Legends that was totally not required. We aren't Atlantic either, we're a nice quiet little shard. Week after week she put so much effort and time into a shard where there really wasn't the big turn outs to see all her work. But she always chugged along with a smile. I'm sure at some point will get another EM, but I can't imagine Legends without her at the moment.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure there's the love of the game but so many people show up just for drops and disrupt events so they will end early so they can get on to the next drop has gotta be really disappointing to EMs in genera
Yeah last night right after the event we were standing off to the side, a group of us with Avalon saying goodbye, the usual platitudes and stuff, and a few peeps were just constantly interrupting every conversation "How many dropped? How many dropped?" over and over...very obvious what they were there for.

The last few events have made a convert out of me...as far as how drops go. But this is not the time nor the place.

Thanks Avalon, again, for you patience and entertainment.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Mesanna why arent all the EMs required to post on UO.com as a job requirement? (or is this why so many EMs recently left?) i wouldnt think that something so simple would be worth leaving the program over.
I wish we could get more of the EM's on here to post in their respective shard's sub-forums about upcoming events. Having record of the events on here would allow us to keep a little better track of the history and storyline that these events are meant to convey. It would also give returning players something to read through to get up to speed.

It wouldn't have to be a major, page long description... maybe just a paragraph about the history/storyline, and sentence or two as to what's expected, maybe a few details as to the first stop on the way to the event after leaving Blackthorn's, etc.

Either way, God Speed and happy trails to the Legends EM who is leaving.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah last night right after the event we were standing off to the side, a group of us with Avalon saying goodbye, the usual platitudes and stuff, and a few peeps were just constantly interrupting every conversation "How many dropped? How many dropped?" over and over...very obvious what they were there for.

The last few events have made a convert out of me...as far as how drops go. But this is not the time nor the place.

Thanks Avalon, again, for you patience and entertainment.
i'm surprised there's not a higher EM turnover. unfortunately the EM's have to deal with a lot of abuse, rudeness, and disrespect.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Shes gonna be missed for sure.... She was really one of the good ones. She cared enough about her people to log on and get to know us, would spend hours chatting with us in gen chat sipping coffee =) She never was one of those pop in 5 minutes before the event and pop out 5 seconds after type EM's .......who ever you are in game EM Avalon we love you and you'll always have a place on Legends =)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish we could get more of the EM's on here to post in their respective shard's sub-forums about upcoming events. Having record of the events on here would allow us to keep a little better track of the history and storyline that these events are meant to convey. It would also give returning players something to read through to get up to speed.

It wouldn't have to be a major, page long description... maybe just a paragraph about the history/storyline, and sentence or two as to what's expected, maybe a few details as to the first stop on the way to the event after leaving Blackthorn's, etc.

Either way, God Speed and happy trails to the Legends EM who is leaving.
+1
awesome idea

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've had EMs say they weren't allowed to post here. Then I've had EMs respond to that lol. So I don't know.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Avalon is gone?!

I've been working on a luck suit on Siege all weekend and hadn't logged into Legends since Friday. THIS SUCKS!

Avalon has been THE BEST EM I have ever experienced on UO. I really hate that I missed this. Her arcs were fun, the events were managed well and with grace, and she had the best camaraderie with the players of any EM, GM, or Dev I've seen.

Uriah, dude, a PM is a touch away! :)

Sad news. Very, very sad.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh man, sorry!!!!!! Really am. I thought everyone knew she was leaving, peeps been talking about it for a month. Now you get to help us figure out who she is when she hops on to play LOL.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Avalon is gone?!

I've been working on a luck suit on Siege all weekend and hadn't logged into Legends since Friday. THIS SUCKS!

Avalon has been THE BEST EM I have ever experienced on UO. I really hate that I missed this. Her arcs were fun, the events were managed well and with grace, and she had the best camaraderie with the players of any EM, GM, or Dev I've seen.

Uriah, dude, a PM is a touch away! :)

Sad news. Very, very sad.
Yeah I had no idea :(

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are reports that EM Avalon resigned on Legends due to personal reasons. I guess this has been discussed before but somehow I was totally out of the loop on this and it hit me like a brick. She was easily the greatest EM I've ever encountered in my off and on 20 years in UO. She would stop by Legends almost daily just to chat with the "animals" and it was always a fun and entertaining time. Some people just "have it" and she was one of those people that made UO a much better game. A great loss to the game and I certainly wish her the best and leave her with all the thanks and appreciation I can give.
Well, at least it's just "She quit" versus "She died in a horrific car accident" like your thread title implied.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
"A sad day and a great loss" doesn't take an overactive imagination to assume someone died, bruh.
It was a sad day and a great loss... but whatever lol. Were you suddenly distraught or something? Did you have chest pains? Should I expect a lawsuit ;)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I actually thought the same thing as Aran and was relieved to read otherwise - life goes on anyway

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are losing several good members of the team to RL issues so you will start to see new EM's, the current ones finishing up their training is EM Obsidian, EM Delnar, and EM Erebus. I am still looking for EM's for the following two shards, Oceania and Formosa.

If you are one of those time zones and would like to apply please send me an event, your account names and what type of reward you think would fit with that event so I can see how creative you are.

Thank you

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Is EM SF leaving Oceania?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey can't sounds like her real life issues are of the great kind and since I have to abandon UO for 5-7 months at a shot through my busy business season, I can fully understand her parting and not hanging on doing a half baked job as RL time would allow. Wish her nothing but the best!