• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inside UO

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this program still not work? I was wanting to browse the art. Any other way about it?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That program no longer works as far as I know, however if I remember correctly @Petra Fyde has been able to help people look through the art in the past.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Inside UO needs the old files. Some people had a backup of it, but even then you can only browse files up to when the file type changed. I have used a program called 'uoreader'.
UO:Reader
it's harder to find things in it because there are no thumbnails, but by using the 'get type id' action under 'others' in EC it's possible to find what you're looking for.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've had better luck with UO Fiddler, though only up until ToL was released - muls after that broke Fiddler, and I don't think it's been fixed. As for the muls themselves, you can convert the current file type to mul; there's several tools to do that linked from runuo.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Inside UO needs the old files. Some people had a backup of it, but even then you can only browse files up to when the file type changed. I have used a program called 'uoreader'.
UO:Reader
it's harder to find things in it because there are no thumbnails, but by using the 'get type id' action under 'others' in EC it's possible to find what you're looking for.
You are so hard core :)

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I've had better luck with UO Fiddler, though only up until ToL was released - muls after that broke Fiddler, and I don't think it's been fixed. As for the muls themselves, you can convert the current file type to mul; there's several tools to do that linked from runuo.
Someday I want to learn how to speak Brian.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
There is something else out there that can read the new file formats but i cant remember the name of it. This app is source code that you must build the binary yourself and I know I have it somewhere, just have to look through my files and find it but I'm heading out to work.
***UPDATE***
UltimaSDK is the name of what's supposed to be able to view the new file format. I've never used it.

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used it for updating pages such as the vet rewards page. Someone told me about UO Fiddler once, but he seemed to be telling me it could do things you're not supposed to be able to do. I probably totally misunderstood, but I decided to stay away from that one.