• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Velocity kills damage?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got a Halawa's bow today, thought it might be cool since it's an eodon slayer. Problem is, when velocity goes off, the damage is cut in half.

Normal hits were ranging from 100-128 pts. When velocity hits, damage is 50-58, and then the 8 velocity bonus.

Is it like this on all bows and I just never noticed it? Or is it unique to this bow, and that's why it was cheap LOL

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
yes, ive noticed this too. been this way for quite awhile now. not sure if it was intended. so seems to be worthless then?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the Velocity property on the Eodon Slayer bow made it less than useful doing the spawn there. They either need to remove the property from the bow or fix it so that when it does proc that you still get the slayer bonus.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you never put hitspell on a slayer. always been like this.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really? Hit spell on a slayer negates the slayer? I had no idea at all about that. In grandpa's words, "Well, that's just piss ignorant!"

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting. So when building a pvp bow, you would add velocity?
Yeah, funny huh? I remember one day on here moaning about Velocity taking up so much weight imbuing for just a few points damage, and was schooled in that it was worth it cause sometimes the difference between a heal and a kill was just a few points. *shrugs*

But then again, in pvp, you arent building slayer bows LOL

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They're talking a PvM bow that feels, from the tone of the conversation, like a bloody bug.

For PvP it's, first, Balanced....well...only if you have "Enhanced" potions. The whole potions thing is an oddity. It should not be called, enhanced. It should be called, not useless. If you don't have the so called enhancement to around 40 or so, you should be relying on another method of healing, curing, regaining stamina.

Second, Hit Lower Attack (Defense) depending on your philosophy. Actually, this comes in third or fourth behind Hit Velocity. No matter what this oddball bow delivers, Hit Velocity means more damage the farther you are away from what you're hitting. And it does....except in this odd PvM case as others have cited. On shards like Atlantic you might as well go with velocity. All the people who fight other people run over cap DCI just to defend against such attacks.

And, if the Fletcher or, rather, imbuer, has properties left, it's either Hit Lighting, or Hit Fireball. There are arguments for each, Kelmo.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thank you. I am rather late to the reforge/imbue game. That answer even covered some questions I have not asked.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50% Hit Velocity/50% Hit Lightning/40-50% SSI Composite Bows are all the rage in PvP. You can deliver up to 30 damage Moving Shots with the procs, and up to 55 damage AIs with procs. With 55%+ SSI and 210 Stam, you can shoot every 1.25 seconds. This, along with Legendary Artifacts making 210 Stam rather easy to obtain, is the reason for Archer dominance in Fel.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In PVM does lightning and fireball both halve the damage when they kick in also?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In PVM does lightning and fireball both halve the damage when they kick in also?
Sure does. It doesn't HAVE to be on a slayer either. I took a non slayer melee wep to test a few things out months ago and noticed it on accident.

The weird thing, it doesn't happen with all weps either.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
very interesting, i had no idea about this.
gonna put this on a yellow sticky note and remind myself to check it and check my weapons.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Got a Halawa's bow today, thought it might be cool since it's an eodon slayer. Problem is, when velocity goes off, the damage is cut in half.

Normal hits were ranging from 100-128 pts. When velocity hits, damage is 50-58, and then the 8 velocity bonus.
Are there some of them with Velocity? on UOGuide the mods are:

Halawa's Hunting Bow
Weight: 8 Stones
Eodon Slayer
Hit Mana Leech 20%
Hit Chance Increase 20%
Swing Speed Increase 45%
Damage Increase 60%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 13-17
Weapon Speed 3.25s
Range 10
Strength Requirement 35
Durability: 255 / 255

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the one I got had velocity on it, dumb me. Now I know why it was cheap LOL

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are there some of them with Velocity? on UOGuide the mods are:

Halawa's Hunting Bow
Weight: 8 Stones
Eodon Slayer
Hit Mana Leech 20%
Hit Chance Increase 20%
Swing Speed Increase 45%
Damage Increase 60%
Physical Damage 100%
Weapon Damage 13-17
Weapon Speed 3.25s
Range 10
Strength Requirement 35
Durability: 255 / 255
I have 3 of these bows and all 3 of them have 60% Hit Velocity. If I remember correctly the above stats were on the original bows and someone complained that it had no offensive stats and I think they changed it, but then my memory isn't so good anymore. Someone must remember this.