• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What the diff now?

Ariel Hardy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hey, i`m still trying to update my knowledge, since i`m back to the game hs 2 month, after a 3y+ hiatus.

I have a question:

They changed the damage of soul glaive, its now the same as a composite bow, and i dont see the hci50 cap on status of the gargoyle too.

So what`s the diff in the 2 races?
Why chose Archer over Throwing ? wha`t is better for pvm? pvp? what the diff to ignore builds since both atack at same speed, same damage, and look same hci cap?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Soul glaives are one handed and don't use ammo, but gargs can't ride a mount.

Yeah.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only other differences I can think of are racial bonuses and armor.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hci was lowered to max of 45 on gargs, but you still get 5 for free as the racial bonus, so you only need 40 hci on a garg suit.

benefits of archery:
dont have to be careful of range (for max damage gargs must have the "sweet spot" - you can stay a few tiles further away and still get max damage with an archer)
its generally much easier to build a high end archer suit than a garg suit (because stone garg loot is much rarer than studded/bone/hide that you need to reach max 55lmc) valorite mallets are also extremely hard to obtain compared to barbed runics. If you just doing imbued, this doesnt effect anything.
you can ride a mount (faster remounts for pvp and damage reduction bonus from swampies)
velocity can be imbued (have to reforge this hit hit spell on throwing)

benefits of throwing:
you dont need balanced to use pots. this is so huge that by itself this is why its worth using a garg. more powerful weapon.
its also much cheaper to reforge 40ssi soulglaives (but much harder to get 40ssi with elemental damage) and also overcaps like 50 mana leech with 30 ssi. copper runic hammers cheaper than ash runic kits
in general the arties are cheaper for garg (unforgiven veil is only about 500k wheras despicable quiver for non-garg is average 20 to 40m)

thats all i can think of for now but im sure theres a few other slight differences that i missed.

Ariel Hardy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hci was lowered to max of 45 on gargs, but you still get 5 for free as the racial bonus, so you only need 40 hci on a garg suit.

benefits of archery:
dont have to be careful of range (for max damage gargs must have the "sweet spot" - you can stay a few tiles further away and still get max damage with an archer)
its generally much easier to build a high end archer suit than a garg suit (because stone garg loot is much rarer than studded/bone/hide that you need to reach max 55lmc) valorite mallets are also extremely hard to obtain compared to barbed runics. If you just doing imbued, this doesnt effect anything.
you can ride a mount (faster remounts for pvp and damage reduction bonus from swampies)
velocity can be imbued (have to reforge this hit hit spell on throwing)

benefits of throwing:
you dont need balanced to use pots. this is so huge that by itself this is why its worth using a garg. more powerful weapon.
its also much cheaper to reforge 40ssi soulglaives (but much harder to get 40ssi with elemental damage) and also overcaps like 50 mana leech with 30 ssi. copper runic hammers cheaper than ash runic kits
in general the arties are cheaper for garg (unforgiven veil is only about 500k wheras despicable quiver for non-garg is average 20 to 40m)

thats all i can think of for now but im sure theres a few other slight differences that i missed.
Really thanks, for help, i have a LOT of mallets, what option is the best for reforge a thrower suit?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with valorite mallets i always do "mystic/sorcery and animated/of haste" to get stone pieces with mana, lmc, stam, mana regen. or using lower end ones can be useful, like shadow to get 5hci (viciouis) or copper for chance at 10 stamina for pieces to imbue up.