• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resizing - What the heck...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello friends!

I placed a house 4 hours ago and now I wanted to resize it. Never had issues with resizing. But now I get the message, that I have to wait 165 hours until I can place another house. I already HAD placed that house properly and wanted to RESIZE only. What the heck....?

Paged a GM. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

OldUO

Adventurer
Are you sure you do not have a secondary house placed prior to this one that is now in a state of decay?

That will do it, find the original house demolish it and now you will be able to resize your newly placed plot.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No. I only placed a regular house on Siege
It may be a bug with the second house on Siege and trying to resize a house less than 7 days old. I had seen that before

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you just placed or took ownership of the house you must wait 7 days before resizing. This is why people recommend you don't do it using the resizing method because if you can't place then you have up all that time to wait before the spot frees up. Someone else could come along and take it when you could have just placed on another account.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats really a mess... Thank god, I dont live on Atlantic, haha!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay so your house has to be empty blah blah blah. I remember now why this is a useless feature unless you just placed a fresh empty house.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so your house has to be empty blah blah blah. I remember now why this is a useless feature unless you just placed a fresh empty house.
But this is EXACTLY what I did! You understand why I am angry? Placed it freshly at 4 p.m., tried to resize at 7 p.m....

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But this is EXACTLY what I did! You understand why I am angry? Placed it freshly at 4 p.m., tried to resize at 7 p.m....
they are currently trying to change something with this new publish. I guarantee it screws up, as the last two times they have changed the way housing works they have screwed up.

basically they are trying to change it so you cant resize over and over and you have to wait the 7 days. Again one of the dumbest things the UO staff has tried to do, for no reason.

"
Housing Updates

• Players can no longer customize their houses while the warehouse is down which will prevent lost housing changes due to server maintenance.
  • OSI Houses will no longer refresh when previous house owner reactivates their account.
  • Players are no longer able to place multiple houses using the resize region and multiple characters"

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I get it. That's your problem, I was just wondering about resizing ;) Just kidding.... I think I'd just drop the house and place another over waiting that long. I usually pace off the spot and drop bandages at the corners so I know how large I can go ;)

OldUO

Adventurer
they are currently trying to change something with this new publish. I guarantee it screws up, as the last two times they have changed the way housing works they have screwed up.

basically they are trying to change it so you cant resize over and over and you have to wait the 7 days.
and I hope @Mesanna is listening to this, I really think they need not mess with the housing placement system anymore.. its already a total mess. They also need to fix guard zones.

Robtsan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was trying to resize my house on siege...would not happen...then I tried to demolish, so I could replace with bigger...the demolish Gump was not highlighted/available....was up?????

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would wait 7 days before resizing after placing. I know a lot of people had problems when they try to resize after placing. i heard u want to wait atleast after server up the next day but I would wait 7 days. how are people supposed to find out about issues. this has been brought up before, then buried with the other posts just to be forgotten.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Met GM River ingame. The system thinks that a house was placed lately - GM could not help. But GM River was VERY nice! Lovely person! Thanks!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to resize my house on siege...would not happen...then I tried to demolish, so I could replace with bigger...the demolish Gump was not highlighted/available....was up?????
check that there is nothing in the moving crate?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually can help you out a bit with this one as I am always playing with houses :) This is my most frustrating aspect of the 2nd house on Siege. In a normal circumstance you can place and resize right after... EXCEPT if you have a house on prodo or vica versa. Then you have two options..... One wait 7 days or demolish the other house and then you can resize or place another house. This only happens when one of the two houses is under 7 days old. If you just have 1 house then you can resize, demolish and replace wherever except I believe the is a 1 hour cool down on placing and then trying to resize or place again via a demolish.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dealing with this myself today as I build the Zento Ghetto on Legends and forgot with a Siege house you can't place, demolish and place again until the 7 day timer goes off or you demolish the Siege house. Since both of the accts were just out of the way only good for my diabolical Siege purposes I demolished them and placed my Ghetto Houses and will replace the two Siege houses in 160 some hours.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So hypothetically: If I would demolish the one house on Siege I would be free to place both houses again, on Siege and DF?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So hypothetically: If I would demolish the one house on Siege I would be free to place both houses again, on Siege and DF?
NO you would be able to place 1 and the second would have to wait for the 7 day timer.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If both houses are atleast 7 days old the replacing and resizing is not a issue. Here is what I did yesterday as an example. I placed a 14x9 and said WHY DID I DO THAT a 17x13 will fit here. So I dropped the 14x9 and got the you must wait 7 days when I went to replace the 17x13. So I went to Siege and demolished my Moonglow 8x8 little vendor house, then went back to Legends and placed the 17x13. Now I have to wait 7 days to put the 8x8 moonglow house back.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, mate! What would I do without you and the other folks

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

basically they are trying to change it so you cant resize over and over and you have to wait the 7 days.

Not quite. Currently there is a bug where if you resize a house you can place as many houses in that general area with the same account. For example when resizing a keep you can drop 4 small houses in the area that the resize reserved for you. 3 of them will be decaying with the last one not. For some reason they think you have to switch characters on the account to do this but I've done it all on 1 character within seconds.

You are correct in that they probably screw something up since they clearly don't even know what is going on since they listed it as multiple characters when it can just be 1.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not quite. Currently there is a bug where if you resize a house you can place as many houses in that general area with the same account. For example when resizing a keep you can drop 4 small houses in the area that the resize reserved for you. 3 of them will be decaying with the last one not. For some reason they think you have to switch characters on the account to do this but I've done it all on 1 character within seconds.

You are correct in that they probably screw something up since they clearly don't even know what is going on since they listed it as multiple characters when it can just be 1.
shhhhhh dont entice them to do anymore changes... they will just screw it up more. :)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shhhhhh dont entice them to do anymore changes... they will just screw it up more. :)
NONONO I want to be clear I wasn't asking for any changes! ;) I was just trying to clarify what the change they listed pertained to. It was being misinterpreted as something else. No enticement involved.

Many of the problems we have are probably the result of poor communication and misunderstandings with the Dev Team. This leads to things like the ruined IDOC system, and runebooks you need sunglasses to look at.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NONONO I want to be clear I wasn't asking for any changes! ;) I was just trying to clarify what the change they listed pertained to. It was being misinterpreted as something else. No enticement involved.

Many of the problems we have are probably the result of poor communication and misunderstandings with the Dev Team. This leads to things like the ruined IDOC system, and runebooks you need sunglasses to look at.
Pour bleach in your eyes it help when looking at the rune books :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Demolished the house on Siege and could instantly replace. Did not check if I am free now to replace on DF, too. By the way, the GMs came three times, helped placing and remove blocking objects. I love em!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not a good idea. Do not pour bleach in your eyes.

Just sayin...

;)
I forget in todays world there are people that need the warning labels and would actually pour bleach in their eyes :(

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

i was wonder how/why a guy placed all these small plots, some decaying with same name, at castle idoc. tol