• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fel Luck VS Normal luck....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ever since the implementation of the 1000 luck bonus I've always felt that the fel luck seems to effect ones luck much more than item luck. Today really made me wonder.

I was in blood dungeon farming balrons. Had 1000 worth of luck on my suit. Best I was pulling was greater artifacts and one major artifact out of about 100 balrons.

Decided today to go into blackthorns and farm. Decided to go without luck on my items. first few balrons I have killed have artifacts ranging from lesser to major. Then I got a clean legendary (is brittle but at 255 durability still very useful.). What I'm trying to say is that luck from fel seems to work like luck in general should work. Anyone else experience this?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ever since the implementation of the 1000 luck bonus I've always felt that the fel luck seems to effect ones luck much more than item luck. Today really made me wonder.

I was in blood dungeon farming balrons. Had 1000 worth of luck on my suit. Best I was pulling was greater artifacts and one major artifact out of about 100 balrons.

Decided today to go into blackthorns and farm. Decided to go without luck on my items. first few balrons I have killed have artifacts ranging from lesser to major. Then I got a clean legendary (is brittle but at 255 durability still very useful.). What I'm trying to say is that luck from fel seems to work like luck in general should work. Anyone else experience this?
Honestly it's impossible to know. That's why I wish they would have some kind of feedback when luck actually kicks in.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they have different loot drop parameters? They may be the same creature but loot rules can vary by dungeon.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they have different loot drop parameters? They may be the same creature but loot rules can vary by dungeon.
I doubt it, as that would have required forethought, and if they put the effort in, why not let people know?

The problem with luck is that with real life luck you can get the same results as with a luck boost, as the caps are the caps, and you could just get lucky on a non luck boosted rng roll, and unlucky on a luck boosted one with crappy extra properties. Especially on high end monsters where the loot rolls are going to be on the higher end of the spectrum as it is, and thus a good chance they drop "good" items luck or no luck.

I personally feel like the difference luck makes is no where near the effort and lost properties of a luck suit. To me it's just a fit it in if there's nothing else kind of stat.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aren't the Monsters with the Extra HP In blackthorn considered paragons?

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You shouldn't let RNG mess with your brain :gee:
It is not an ordinary RNG, it is UO-RNG....