• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Problems with EC

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody!

I just updated my EC and found, that I cannot zoom in or out. I didn't use it for 1-2 years, so I dunno the reason. Has anybody else experienced that before?

Thanks

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
You sometimes have to turn it on. It's on the user settings menu, I believe, under one of the tabs you can set the wheel mouse to zoom in and out.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The default keys for zoom are the + and - on the numberpad and * for the "sweet spot" distance.

The scroll wheel isn't default for zoom anymore, not sure when that changed...or why. You can change the behavior of the scroll wheel at the top of the Input tab in User Options.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, that worked. Strangely, I cannot open the backpack and the skill list :-(

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has your backpack and skillwindow appeared yet, or are they still missing? Is Pinco's the active UI? (Can be set on the Options tab in User Settings)

You can reload the UI by pressing Ctrl-R, this should fix most weirdness.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The scroll wheel isn't default for zoom anymore, not sure when that changed...or why.
Changed when Pinco redid the default UI. The old UI had the wheel active by default, but in Pincos I guess it was disabled over this zoom level fix where it sets your UI at the most preferable zoom level but than encourages to never zoom again.

This is as worse as Devs not testing zoom when things are in QA. But I dont want to start on that again lol.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello again! With Pincos UI I cannot use the left mouse button for double-clicking at vendors etc. Essentially, double-clicking doesnt work. Any suggestions?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my... Default UI works nicely. But Mouse Targeting/Opening Paperdolls, Vendors, NPCs is a pain. Simply does nothing. Left Mouse button almost dead, sometimes it reacts, sometimes not. Right Mouse Button: Only running, no context menu.

I just wanted to see pet ratings. But I cannot even interact with new mag - pet vendors.

This Pinco is such a mess!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you had the EC and Pinco installed before the publish where Pinco worked on the Default UI, you will have to recreate all your character profiles.
Using it without doing this part causes the game to behave in a very weird way. It is annoying, but it is how it is.

Go to Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data on Windows Explorer, make a backup of it, enter User Data, find the shard folder and delete all the files inside it.
Then log back and the EC will recreate the profile files. You will have to redo all your EC macros and set your hotbars, but it will fix all this weirdness.

Aside from that, I don't recommend Pinco for other than a few game activities such as gathering seeds, checking the pet calculator, etc. It is too damn cluttered and hinders the game performance a lot.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much! Yea, I wanted to use it for pets.

I will try this later.

Best wishes to South America! :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, this has worked. But when I lore a pet I only get this legacy window showing me the normal lore values. How do I get this pet calculator? Sorry, I am stupid. Or is this client not very intuitive?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, this has worked. But when I lore a pet I only get this legacy window showing me the normal lore values. How do I get this pet calculator? Sorry, I am stupid. Or is this client not very intuitive?
That is a Pinco UI feature. It might need turning on in the options if you are running Pinco UI. I can't remember if its on by default.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give up. Its such a pain. Now even this mouse-thing doesnt work after deleting the char file in that respective folder. EC is good for placing castles and searching IDOCs, but getting it started is such a pain!