• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin Payment System Still Continues To Take Your Money and Not Giving You Your Code!

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just an experience I had over the last week, went to purchase some codes off of origin totaling about $80. Go through the process, payment fails, eh no surprise its origin their system has been screwy for years now, I go to try it again (normally takes 2-3x to work). Repeated the process, both tries failed so I then decided to order something smaller to see if that would help. I order one code and it processes through just fine successfully gives me the code.

As I go to check my paypal balance, I noticed the two times it failed for $80 attempted purchase I was charged for... After arguing with Origin staff via their Live chat system. Them basically stating.... "THEIRS NO WAY YOU WERE CHARGED FOR IT SIR, IT "FAILED" THE PROCESS"....... after going back and fourth I finally shot the agent details of the paypal payment and them taking the money out of my account..... Finally getting him to contact a manager that's worth a dam, who then had to send that information to another department...... Who sent me an email saying their looking into the issues we are so sorry blah blah blah....

I finally get an email back today....

So please if your purchases are FAILING.... double check your payment source and make sure you do not get charged if so get in touch with them asap so they can really fix this problem!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an experience I had over the last week, went to purchase some codes off of origin totaling about $80. Go through the process, payment fails, eh no surprise its origin their system has been screwy for years now, I go to try it again (normally takes 2-3x to work). Repeated the process, both tries failed so I then decided to order something smaller to see if that would help. I order one code and it processes through just fine successfully gives me the code.

As I go to check my paypal balance, I noticed the two times it failed for $80 attempted purchase I was charged for... After arguing with Origin staff via their Live chat system. Them basically stating.... "THEIRS NO WAY YOU WERE CHARGED FOR IT SIR, IT "FAILED" THE PROCESS"....... after going back and fourth I finally shot the agent details of the paypal payment and them taking the money out of my account..... Finally getting him to contact a manager that's worth a dam, who then had to send that information to another department...... Who sent me an email saying their looking into the issues we are so sorry blah blah blah....

I finally get an email back today....

So please if your purchases are FAILING.... double check your payment source and make sure you do not get charged if so get in touch with them asap so they can really fix this problem!

Geebus... im so glad we got that expansion.... FIX THE websites already.... account mngment, origin, uo.com.... some serious slacking going on there.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Soul as rich as you are why not just buy codes with UO gold. That way you don't have to deal with them. I understand your frustration though. I used to have same issues with them. Purchasing anymore then one code a day and I'd use VPN.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soul as rich as you are why not just buy codes with UO gold. That way you don't have to deal with them. I understand your frustration though. I used to have same issues with them. Purchasing anymore then one code a day and I'd use VPN.
You are obviously missing the point of the post.

It doesn't matter how rich anyone is, it doesn't matter if its sold for gold, people shouldn't have to use a VPN to get their code to play an almost 20 year old game. The fact is the system has flaws and needs to be resolved. It's effects 100s of people I am sure every other month, between failed purchases, failed payment type, failed security fraud protection, processing peoples money not giving them the code, fact is the whole system is a cluster ****, with their entire website of codes/games they sell and I am sure its not just for Uo Codes.... It's for everything they sell.

And thirdly I am not posting because I can't get the codes, I posted because I had proof to show that they are taking peoples money..... not giving people the codes, and you'd be completely clueless that they took your money unless you really went through and checked your accounts etc.... $12.99 $15.00, $30.00, its a little amount some may never notice but it would add up quickly over a years time.

Trying to save people the headache, and financial madness, many people are tight on money and dont need to deal with this nonsense.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anything can get the plug pulled on this game, it'll be the Origin store for sure.

I'm with @Scribbles , all work should be paused on the game until we get something failproof and reliable. I couldn't even LOG in origin to buy my gametime earlier this month so I decided to boycott and I've stood by it.

HP_Zoro_HP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Lol damn forget I even "chimed in". Was trying to suggest a quick fix for your dilema. I wasn't suggesting that I agree with the companies flawed system.

It'd be nice if they fix it, but honestly I doubt it will get fixed. Problems been there for years and it doesn't matter who complains about it. It won't get fixed lol. Games just to old. What is it now five devs working with UO now? But I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned it being a 20 year old game. Less and less subscribers and even less workers.. There's just to many newer games out that we are lucky if anyone raises a finger anymore to fix anything pertaining to this game. Hell someone was saying on here that mesanna played world of Warcraft lol and it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

And PS I have experienced them charging me two or more times over the years. The problem is still there... What's that tell ya, nobody gives a damn lol

Last edited:

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol damn forget I even "chimed in". Was trying to suggest a quick fix for your dilema. I wasn't suggesting that I agree with the companies flawed system.

It'd be nice if they fix it, but honestly I doubt it will get fixed. Problems been there for years and it doesn't matter who complains about it. It won't get fixed lol. Games just to old. What is it now five devs working with UO now? But I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned it being a 20 year old game. Less and less subscribers and even less workers.. There's just to many newer games out that we are lucky if anyone raises a finger anymore to fix anything pertaining to this game. Hell someone was saying on here that mesanna played world of Warcraft lol and it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

And PS I have experienced them charging me two or more times over the years. The problem is still there... What's that tell ya, nobody gives a damn lol
See that's the another problem. It isn't Ultima Online.... it isn't Broadsword.... It isn't Our Dev Team... it isn''t Mesanna, kyrios, or Bleek etc etc...... Its ORIGIN.... Its not UO RELATED.... Its the entire Companies Website, their losing 100s of 1000s of dollars a month probably because of so many people having purchase issues for ALL the games they offer. Which is beyond stupid for EA/Origin to be losing money because they cant hire an efficient programmer to fix such a small issue. Crazy how blind the rich corporations become when they cant even see their losses in front of them.

Silentfury

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It irritates me that I have to wait 24-48 hours to get a code. Last time I was in the middle of decoing and needed a few extra Raised Garden Beds. I literally had to stop what i was doing because the System wouldn't send me the code I needed like it had done so in the past.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And this is why I hate the store. ORigin store, set of 3 beds, $19.99.

One of the <sites that can't be named> 3 beds, $13.99. AND!!! they will sell you all of them you want in one transaction without hassle... Once again, the "official UO" people can't do what the outsiders can accomplish. *shrugs*