• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] reforging actually ..70% hit area effect

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what hammer and settings would I use to reforge a 70% hit area effect boomerang. I understand the hit effect will be random,,,ie could be hit cold or hit energy etc

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok for any interested ..further research turned up this

use copper hammers 3 charges vicious of slaughter

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I couldn't achieve this with just three charges. Vicious of Slaughter seems to take four.

With a bronze hammer, Powerful re-forging, inspired artifice, Vicious of Slaughter, 4 charges I got a useful weapon.

Hit Energy Area 70%, Swing Speed Increase 30%, Damage Increase 40%.

I'll try copper again.

edit - found some copper hammers. Eventually made a Hit Energy Area 70% , Damage Increase 40% using powerful re-forging, inspired artifice, Vicious of Slaughter, 4 charges.

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I couldn't achieve this with just three charges. Vicious of Slaughter seems to take four.

With a bronze hammer, Powerful re-forging, inspired artifice, Vicious of Slaughter, 4 charges I got a useful weapon.

Hit Energy Area 70%, Swing Speed Increase 30%, Damage Increase 40%.

I'll try copper again.

edit - found some copper hammers. Eventually made a Hit Energy Area 70% , Damage Increase 40% using powerful re-forging, inspired artifice, Vicious of Slaughter, 4 charges.
take it off powerful and you will get 70 hit effect and 40 di only with 3 charges on copper

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Ok to be clear here, you have actually reforged a THROWING weapon and produced 70% hit area on it?

I ask because I tried this endlessly on test and was unable to get any sort of high hit area, and there are other posts here claiming the same and that this issue is either intended or a bug and its not possible to do this on ranged weapons.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to be clear here, you have actually reforged a THROWING weapon and produced 70% hit area on it?

I ask because I tried this endlessly on test and was unable to get any sort of high hit area, and there are other posts here claiming the same and that this issue is either intended or a bug and its not possible to do this on ranged weapons.
You are correct we were attempting to do this a few different ways with a few different weapons. The boomer rangs were a fail...I think the highest we got was hit 40 or 50%. I know I have hit 50% on many of my bows. But we were ultimately able to achieve 70% with some mele weapons