• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] ISO Tribarrel cactus seeds on Pacific

Charisma

Visitor
I've slayed many boglings and bog things and still haven't found any yellow, blue or red tribarrel cactus seeds. If anyone would be willing to sell or trade me some, I would greatly appreciate it :)
Feel free to ICQ me 335293235

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've slayed many boglings and bog things and still haven't found any yellow, blue or red tribarrel cactus seeds. If anyone would be willing to sell or trade me some, I would greatly appreciate it :)
Feel free to ICQ me 335293235
Just looked through my seedbox and I have:
1 Blue
1 Yellow
4 Red
3 Plain
38 Bright Green

You are welcome to some or all. It's up to you.

edit: sorry but I don't use ICQ so respond or message me here.

Charisma

Visitor
Just looked through my seedbox and I have:
1 Blue
1 Yellow
4 Red
3 Plain
38 Bright Green

You are welcome to some or all. It's up to you.

edit: sorry but I don't use ICQ so respond or message me here.
One of each color would be awesome!!! Where do you want to meet?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Cross pollinating into the other colors is also bugged. Just FYI. So if you want the other variations of Tribarrels it's a lot easier to get through other players. Any cross pollination that will result in Tribarrel will bug out. I got mine from other players, but before I did I had a generation of 20 pairs to get one bright color variation. Just to let you know how rare it is.

Charisma

Visitor
Cross pollinating into the other colors is also bugged. Just FYI. So if you want the other variations of Tribarrels it's a lot easier to get through other players. Any cross pollination that will result in Tribarrel will bug out. I got mine from other players, but before I did I had a generation of 20 pairs to get one bright color variation. Just to let you know how rare it is.
Thanks for that info, I guess I better look into getting those.

Charisma

Visitor
If anyone has other colors and would be willing to sell/trade me other colors, will you please reply or message me? I have plain, yellow, red, blue and bright green now. Thank You!

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was aware that this was true for barrel cactus but I was not aware that it was true for tri-barrel cactus (I hadn't tried crossing them yet). Is this true for all of the various types of cactus plants?

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I was aware that this was true for barrel cactus but I was not aware that it was true for tri-barrel cactus (I hadn't tried crossing them yet). Is this true for all of the various types of cactus plants?
Odd, I got the barrel cactus easy. The tribarrels were the only ones bugged for me. It's my understanding that the "Bug" that was intentionally kept in is only that boglings that normally dropped Campion, Tribarrel and Fern seeds in Plain, Blue, Red, and Yellow variety now only drop Campion and Fern in those colors. In addition, they drop a third seed that replaced the Tribarrels that is now random.

Also, when crossbreeding into Tribarrel, it's random. So if you took a Red and Blue Tribarrel to try to get a purple Tribarrel, it would instead be a random purple.

EDIT: I can't remember if Self Pollination was also random, but I don't believe so. I got my set pretty easy after someone gave me an initial seed. Just make sure you self pollinate first.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Odd, I got the barrel cactus easy. The tribarrels were the only ones bugged for me. It's my understanding that the "Bug" that was intentionally kept in is only that boglings that normally dropped Campion, Tribarrel and Fern seeds in Plain, Blue, Red, and Yellow variety now only drop Campion and Fern in those colors. In addition, they drop a third seed that replaced the Tribarrels that is now random.

Also, when crossbreeding into Tribarrel, it's random. So if you took a Red and Blue Tribarrel to try to get a purple Tribarrel, it would instead be a random purple.

EDIT: I can't remember if Self Pollination was also random, but I don't believe so. I got my set pretty easy after someone gave me an initial seed. Just make sure you self pollinate first.
I normally grow several beds of bright green barrel cactus for the thorns and I also cross-pollinate them specifically to get random seeds, in the hopes of getting a white or black mutation on plants I wouldn't normally grow or are only available through the naturalist quest (it happens every once in a awhile). I had never tried to cross-pollinate any of the other types of cactus so now I'm curious, I may give it a shot on my next planting cycle.