• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOA/Tugsoft.com down..

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was killing pirates in Toko and took a break.. when I tried to log back into UO with UOA, it couldnt locate the server. I went to tugsoft.com to see if there was something there about this issue. I got an error saying server not found.

So anyone know anything about this issue?

Thank you
Luc of Legends

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I know Tugsoft is a private entity and could disappear at any given moment.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Has Broadsword considered purchasing UOA? I assume it's the most popular third-party application. If @tug doesn't want to support it any longer, might be a cool hand-off.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kelmo - right. Guess I should have askd if anyone else couldn't access the tugsoft webpage.

Summoned -- I have it downloaded... time to getting set up and working like I want it. >.<

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank You, Dan.. I forgot who knew how to get a hold of him. At least UOA/UOCarto are still working just bit of a hiccup getting on

Luc

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just saying... Tugsoft or Pinco could leave at any moment.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For me, at least, one thing is very different this time vs. the other times something similar has occurred: It's not just "lose functionality if I can't eventually update." Rather it's just flat out not working. After ONE update failure.

If it's down, it's down. None of us are not aware of the fact that it may not last for forever. Sort of useless to point that out. And it's as useless to use this as an excuse to advertise the EC.

Rather we're asking two related and quite-reasonable questions. Is it down for all? (Seems so.) Is this just another hiccup or is this the 'big one,' and a program we've all come to depend on is down for good now? (As yet unknown.)

-John's player

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For me, at least, one thing is very different this time vs. the other times something similar has occurred: It's not just "lose functionality if I can't eventually update." Rather it's just flat out not working. After ONE update failure.

If it's down, it's down. None of us are not aware of the fact that it may not last for forever. Sort of useless to point that out. And it's as useless to use this as an excuse to advertise the EC.

Rather we're asking two related and quite-reasonable questions. Is it down for all? (Seems so.) Is this just another hiccup or is this the 'big one,' and a program we've all come to depend on is down for good now? (As yet unknown.)

-John's player

Pretty sure it's all down since their website isn't functioning either. Dude may have pulled the plug.

18 years is a pretty good run for 10 bucks, can't really complain but man is my game play going to suffer if it stops working altogether.

Edited to add, it was interesting when it was working earlier that it seemed to have a different patch screen. So maybe it was an update gone bad?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This has happened before, I wouldn't say the sky is falling just yet lol.

Ps. he also runs two other sites off the same network, both which are down.. maybe a server/hardware upgrade?

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to sound like "Sky is falling" but more like a hiccup. Always possible it is a hardware failure. It would suck but it is fixable. There is endless possibility to what happened. I was seeing if anyone else was having trouble and try to assess what might be the cause.

Thank you to all that gave relevant feedback :D

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It's working fine for me...even copywritten through 2016....not sure why you guys are having issues getting to the site
upload_2016-2-15_20-33-51.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Judging by the project health meter, that day for @Pinco might not be so far off... :sad3:
the project health is based on donations and expenses, right now I'm stretching all there is to keep going, but money doesn't grow on trees and when it's over it will be all over...
if everything keeps going as the last months I think I could manage to reach the summer.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
This time no one was dooming and glooming. That's the typical reaction when this happens, but it didn't happen this time. I'm glad it didn't. People, rather, were just comparing experiences and asking questions. No good purpose is served by attempting to read doom and gloom into asking reasonable questions. Plenty of nay-saying, dooming and glooming, and negativity on Stratics (unless it's changed radically in recent days), and thusly there's no point in reading more than there is.

I'm looking forward to checking Assist tomorrow.

-John's player

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does it affect our client function in any way, UOA site/server being down? I didn't notice any difference.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually UOAssist continues to work for 10 log in attempts during a connection problem, this time I was getting the countdown and the UOA window looked good during log in, but didn't have a working UOAssist after logging into the game. Something different.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to see UO Assist back! Thank you Tugsoft for the years of ongoing operation.

-John's player
Thank you Tugsoft for fleecing millions of dollars from Ultima Online over the last decade+ with your inferior product. Wonder if Martin Shkreli is the owner of Tugsoft

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Tugsoft for fleecing millions of dollars from Ultima Online over the last decade+ with your inferior product. Wonder if Martin Shkreli is the owner of Tugsoft
What fleecing? UOAssist has cost me less than a dollar per year so far after 15 1/2 years. Given what bells & whistles it adds to the CC it's been a major deal. Let your morning caffeine soak in before you post dude, your babbling nonsense. :p

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Surely you jest. If EA put a little more effort into their game there wouldn't have been a market for UOA in the first place.

They saw a gap and filled it. Can't blame them for that.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a perfect example of a third party program that made the game better for everyone. There are many other third party programs out there that can do the same as well.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fleeced how? If I can read correctly, and that's a tough thing, I'm sure that it's a approved program thus perfectly fine. It wouldn't surprise me if OSI makes him support it while official servers are still running, I would have made that part of the contract. I'd be really surprised to see it go down before the game does.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was killing pirates in Toko and took a break.. when I tried to log back into UO with UOA, it couldnt locate the server. I went to tugsoft.com to see if there was something there about this issue. I got an error saying server not found.

So anyone know anything about this issue?

Thank you
Luc of Legends
I played for about 11 years and just came back from 6 years off. Having used UOA with the CC since about day 1, I know that internet connectivity to the Updatace server can be an issue when bad weather strike somewhere in the route. When that happens, you get a message AND the Continue button. Hit the button and UOA should function properly for you.

As noted there is a registry setting you can reset should you exhaust all the tries allowed.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is a perfect example of a third party program that made the game better for everyone. There are many other third party programs out there that can do the same as well.
Maybe back in 2000 yeah UOA was good to use but in 2016 it stinks.... Tug should be down right ashamed on UOA's functionality. I guess this is my spoiled opinion from using other third party free programs that are light years ahead of UOA. I will have a special party the day UOA goes down forever and UO approves a different third party program.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are lots of third party programs which are way better. I've gone a step ahead though and have employed third world people to play. You can say all you want about a free program but I'm helping a child eat.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are lots of third party programs which are way better. I've gone a step ahead though and have employed third world people to play. You can say all you want about a free program but I'm helping a child eat.
Tugs kids must eat filet mignon and lobster tails for every meal with some don p to wash it down as much as they charge for UOA. Death to UOA!

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe he is playing the 90 day game with his service provider......just sayin'

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA has been a blessing for UO, limiting repetative work and increasing functionality. There was a time when UOA used to be the bad guy... allowing repeated macros. They changed to comply with UO's standards and has been a key tool ever since. The 15$ for lifetime use was money well spent.