• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chat Idea - # Users ?

Would you think it benificial to list the number of users in each chat room?

• Total voters

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I just thought of this and wonder what everyone else's thoughts are. What if when you go to choose your chat room, it showed a number out beside the room of the number of players logged into that room? I just think that would be great and maybe even be able to "watch" a chat room for when any user joins the room. I think that would be nice to be in the "General Chat" and watch the "Help" room and be able to just go there when you see someone joins. Just a crazy thought I guess :p

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i like the idea. i was trying to sell a soulstone token for cheap on oceania and was advertising in GC to crickets. no one answered. at the time i wished i knew if there was anyone out there.

but i wonder if the gold sellers would use it to their advantage too.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is actually already a way to do that, it only lists people who have typed though, doesn't list them if they are watching but never typed anything.

If you go to the "ignore a player" section in the options menu, there is a button you can click to ignore someone from chat. When you press it, you are given a list of all players currently in that chat channel who have typed something. I just took these pictures on Atlantic a minute ago.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is actually already a way to do that, it only lists people who have typed though, doesn't list them if they are watching but never typed anything.

If you go to the "ignore a player" section in the options menu, there is a button you can click to ignore someone from chat. When you press it, you are given a list of all players currently in that chat channel who have typed something. I just took these pictures on Atlantic a minute ago.

View attachment 43056

View attachment 43057
it's not quite the same as dan's suggestion. it doesn't help if you are on a quiet low population shard.