• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Newsletter #2

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Riyana submitted a new Article:

Uo Newsletter #2

View attachment 42477
[xtable=100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=left}The UO Team is happy to announce we will be sending out a newsletter periodically so you can stay up to date on the latest in Britannia!

Please encourage your friends to sign up on our web site. {/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
[xtable=100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
[xtable=100%x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=left}
Publish 92

We are happy to announce the next publish will be early March. In this publish we will...
Read more about this article here...

CrazyDave

Old & Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Great News! Looks to be informative and promises a publish in early March.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Mesanna

Ok, so feedback regarding the proposed pet res changes...

I like the idea of seperating pets into tiers... Perhaps 3 tiers.

Tier 1: mounts and other critters which require no skill to own = can be ressed by any player with a bandage or the town vet with no wait time.
Tier 2: Lower level tamables that require less than 90 (substitute whatever level makes the most sense) taming skill to own and control = can be ressed with appropriate level of veterinary skill or by the town vet with no wait time.
Tier 3: Any tamable that requires more than tier 2 skill = can be ressed with the appropriate level of veterinary skill or by the town vet with a 10 minute cool down.

I would love to be able to res my swamp dragon (or blue/fire beetle) while in the field (like VvV mounts). It isn't just pvpers who want to get back on mount after a fight without having to return to town.

* as a side note, perhaps tier animal lore the same way?? If it is MY horse, shouldn't I be able to ascertain his skills, etc. even without the animal lore skill?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope the only changes coming to apples are as follows:

1) Apples no longer fail to remove curses.
2) A bug fix which allows apples to remove spellplague AND other curses, instead of only spellplague.

Now to get something done with Casting Focus...

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seems like pet groups could be based on control slots. Three and up are the heavy hitters, might even cause a shift back to dbl 2 slot pets in some cases.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is exactly what the community needs to see on a regular basis - communication about gaming updates, quick Q&A about in-game issues, resources for account problems and so forth. Overall, this has me excited for next publish and hope that the developers continue to work in changes. I'm sure there are areas that others would like to see addressed still, but constant progress is a good sign.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice to get clarification for what "reverted" means. ("All stackable items that are not vendorable will be reverted.")

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This "Can you fix items that are stackable that won’t go on a vendor after a transfer?" is conflating 2 different problems. Stackable items are breaking even while sitting on a vendor. They don't ever need to be transferred for them to break. Stackable and non-stackable items alike also both continue to become non-vendorable at random directly after being x-sharded. The latter has been going on for 3 years now, and still appears to not be fixed. GMs now also are refusing to fix items that break in the latter manner. I would also echo Tina's question as to the meaning of "reverted".

Re: glass windows, yay! Will we be able to separately dye the window and the wall colors?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This "Can you fix items that are stackable that won’t go on a vendor after a transfer?" is conflating 2 different problems. Stackable items are breaking even while sitting on a vendor. They don't ever need to be transferred for them to break. Stackable and non-stackable items alike also both continue to become non-vendorable at random directly after being x-sharded. The latter has been going on for 3 years now, and still appears to not be fixed. GMs now also are refusing to fix items that break in the latter manner. I would also echo Tina's question as to the meaning of "reverted".

Re: glass windows, yay! Will we be able to separately dye the window and the wall colors?
I now have over 50 piles of grass and snow tiles that will NOT stack together because I transferred them over from other shards. VERY annoying.

And the Glass Windows sounds awesome as well as the thing that has me happy as all get out is being able to mine just for stone.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Publish is in March that means there won't be any Valentine's Day gifts?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We did it! :D

Might add, it was pretty much exactly what people were asking for in the thread about it, so kudos fellows.

Don't jinx it! There will be a new thread about the next one again when its a year over due :p

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If Publish is in March that means there won't be any Valentine's Day gifts?
Just means they're either relying on the EMs to place clickers or using previous content most likely.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about an evil cupid spawn that throws flaming arrows and when you get hit all your armor falls off and is freely lootable.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hope the pet rez by the untamed player applies to vollems too ? They require no taming and therefor should be included in the first grouping.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I liked last years where we had to go find all the cupid statues in each city...that was actually fun and wouldn't mind if they did that again :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My guess is rely on EMs to do some event that supposedly is some "everyone" drop that in reality will be a 30 or 40 drop and leave 20 or 30 people out who will be very upset and forget that 100 or so can't do the events on that day and will also miss out..... since Mesanna has something against clickies....

Or the EMs will do a clicky and 2 or 3 shards that don't have EMs will be F'd again.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello
If this publish is addressing taming changes, this is what I would love to see....

I've spoken to a few who experienced pets unbonding with them, and then going wild, I don't want that to happen to anyone. May have something to do with a pet bonding potion.

New pets, hopefully rideable.

Anomaly hues for existing (all) pets, very rare chance.

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance to spawn tameable paragon creatures, with regular random skills/stats, but paragon color. I would say Name(paragaon) (tameable) ?

Random bonding timers (0 seconds to 7 days), person with 0 skill takes 7 days, person with real 3x legendary (taming, lore & vet) takes 7 days.

Significant advantage of having real skill vs. ring/brace skill for taming / lore and vet.

other things...

We need to increase player interaction...

Disable pet stalls in new mag and let people pull out more than one pet, to be displayed like the good old days. Make the pet only respond to "all follow me" and "all stay" commands. Make the pet disappear into the stables if attacked.

If a new city is ever created or a city changed, make it all inclusive, all shops around the bank, or just a big all inclusive complex.

not many people are going to like this one....

makes items rot if they have been stored for longer than a certain period.... now that so many things can just be stored without costing a lot of storage, we all store more than make available. Number of items stored in players' houses vs available. crazy!

Get rid of repair deeds, make it trade window based, drop item, it displays char's repair skills, agree on a price, the person repairs and gets paid. Would hugely increase player interaction.

I guess there is never going to be a shard consolidation, is there?

sleepy time...

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes!!!!
Local search!!! , I wanna be able to search my account / all chars / house / bank boxes for items... like vendor search.

Would also be nice to to be able to save searches

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just means they're either relying on the EMs to place clickers or using previous content most likely.
The last time they did "clickers" Mesanna went to every shard personally and placed them :p I think that was last Valentines day? Wasn't that the way we got the tall goblets and such?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The last time they did "clickers" Mesanna went to every shard personally and placed them :p I think that was last Valentines day? Wasn't that the way we got the tall goblets and such?
No clue, I don't recall that being the case but I don't see any benefit debating it either way. You could very well be correct.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes she goes and places those herself on every shard. Which is very wonderful of her. And yes we got the red basket with the animated wine bottle and gobblet... and the unnamed rose.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah they should just put an ankh somewhere around the bridge to Blackthornes, and leave it there, just turn it on and off as needed. Then it wouldnt be such a hassle for her to hit each shard

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes she goes and places those herself on every shard. Which is very wonderful of her. And yes we got the red basket with the animated wine bottle and gobblet... and the unnamed rose.
They're animated? lol I never noticed (but i wasn't impressed with them and didn't put them on display). I hope it works in CC cause now I wanna see it :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They're animated? lol I never noticed (but i wasn't impressed with them and didn't put them on display). I hope it works in CC cause now I wanna see it :p
Yes the wine bottle and the champagne flute both have bubbles.