• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Origin...#$%$!!!

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My accounts went down (a day earlier than shown in account management). No biggie.

Anyway, I tried to buy gametime from Origin. I have my account verification email sent but I never get it. I've tried multiple times over the past hour but nothing.

Ok now I'm getting pissed. I figure i'll contact EA India and try to get them to force a code to my email so I can buy some gametime. Guess what? After going through the sections and choosing "I cannot log into my account" the VERY next screen is....telling me to log into my account to continue.

EA can just suck one now. I'll keep my money this month. :yell:

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a NON customer service fellow after my Television and Internet service went down some years ago. Hard to understand his accent but he insisted his name was 'Ivan'. After I finished complaining about why it would take so long to get a tech to my house he closed the phone call by advising me that if I had any further questions or concerns I could contact tech support and customer service at such and such.com. I reminded him that I had called because....I HAD NO #$!%ING INTERNET. This was followed by some awkward silence. So this isn't a skill set unique to EA. Oh and I am no longer with that company.

Hope you can get something worked out Lythos.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The code can take up 24 hours to get to you.
It is stupid, I know.

You can also check the order status at the "your account -> order history" menu at Origin. If the order has completed processing, the code will be there.

omukai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
  • On January 22nd I bought Stygian Abyss, but it was the wrong version (the one for new accounts, not the upgrade).
I paged a GM, wrote emails to 4 different support email addies and even to Mesanna personally. Heck, I even had a chat with someone from EA support who tried their best but couldn't help me.

• I also bought a Myth character potion, created my char, then 10 minutes later the server went down.
Char deleted, code used up.

I paged a GM 4 times, wrote emails en masse, contacted BS and Mesanna personally again.
Neither issue 1, nor issue 2 has been solved as for today, February 6th.

I'm in week 3 now and pretty disappointed.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The code can take up 24 hours to get to you.
It is stupid, I know.

You can also check the order status at the "your account -> order history" menu at Origin. If the order has completed processing, the code will be there.
You didn't understand. I use the account verification system from Origin. When you try to log into the origin store, it sends a code to your email that you copy/paste so you can log in your account and purchase. They suggested this system when FIFA attacks were big.

I couldn't purchase any gametime because i couldn't log into origin because they weren't sending my account verification code to my email. After that i tried the EA help center which has an option for not being able to log into your account BUT you have to be logged in to your account to use it.

Buy yeah, i know the gametime codes take time to get, up to 72 hours now.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to login as I have this active on my account for the extra security. I got my code sent to my email within 30 seconds (luckily).

The only thing I could suggest would be to buy a gametime code from the Origin.com store as a new customer then login to the Mythic account page and apply the code. You don't need to get the email code to login to the Mythic UO account management page, only Origin.

The whole system is still a complete joke and needs to be sorted.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a NON customer service fellow after my Television and Internet service went down some years ago. Hard to understand his accent but he insisted his name was 'Ivan'. After I finished complaining about why it would take so long to get a tech to my house he closed the phone call by advising me that if I had any further questions or concerns I could contact tech support and customer service at such and such.com. I reminded him that I had called because....I HAD NO #$!%ING INTERNET. This was followed by some awkward silence. So this isn't a skill set unique to EA. Oh and I am no longer with that company.

Hope you can get something worked out Lythos.
I had a similar situation when i moved and "upgraded" my cable. I had them add their phone service to my package but to get the phone part of my router activated, i had to call. My cell didn't get service at that location so i had a straight nightmare trying to get these people to understand that i couldn't call. Not only that, the service is spotty at best.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to login as I have this active on my account for the extra security. I got my code sent to my email within 30 seconds (luckily).

The only thing I could suggest would be to buy a gametime code from the Origin.com store as a new customer then login to the Mythic account page and apply the code. You don't need to get the email code to login to the Mythic UO account management page, only Origin.

The whole system is still a complete joke and needs to be sorted.
I thought about it but it's too much effort on my part for EAs crap design. I'm boycotting them this month. I know it won't hurt them but you got to take a stand at some point.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a similar situation when i moved and "upgraded" my cable. I had them add their phone service to my package but to get the phone part of my router activated, i had to call. My cell didn't get service at that location so i had a straight nightmare trying to get these people to understand that i couldn't call. Not only that, the service is spotty at best.
I noticed when I changed my cable internet to 1G it seemed like it was slower. I had this issue for 3 months but was still flying per say when I would be gaming. Called the cable company they kept telling me my speed was fine. I kept doing speed tests and the fastest speed I could get was 648 mbps. I was usually averaging around 474 mbps.

Finally the other day I went to physically pay the bill to talk to them about my speed tests. The woman got all defensive with me saying it wasn't an issue and it was on my end. Now I was being as cool as a cat when I first talked to her and after but I was saying to myself in my head wtf you getting mad when I am just trying to discuss your charging me for a 1G connection and not getting it. So I said to her in a very calm manner that I have proof its not on my end because the speed tests were done with your speed test on your own site and the data is on my account. She looks it up and then realizes that my cable modem was a 16 channel and not the 24 channel that I needed. So they had upgraded my speed, gave me the wrong modem, charged me for the 3 months for a speed I was not getting, was rude to me, and blamed me for it when they didn't give me the right modem, then give me the right modem. Go figure.

Now the manager steps in apologized for their mistake and the other lady for being rude They credited my account so for the next 3 months I have no cable and internet bill. I win! Now I did get to smart off to the rude lady on the way out though for the way she acted to me. I cant type what I was said but the people in line behind me all applauded and cheered what I said lol. That was worth more to me than fixing my issue because they sure in the hell don't want to admit any wrong when they are wrong. Now at least my speeds are averaging 976 mbps to 1012 mbps

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I noticed when I changed my cable internet to 1G it seemed like it was slower. I had this issue for 3 months but was still flying per say when I would be gaming. Called the cable company they kept telling me my speed was fine. I kept doing speed tests and the fastest speed I could get was 648 mbps. I was usually averaging around 474 mbps.

Finally the other day I went to physically pay the bill to talk to them about my speed tests. The woman got all defensive with me saying it wasn't an issue and it was on my end. Now I was being as cool as a cat when I first talked to her and after but I was saying to myself in my head wtf you getting mad when I am just trying to discuss your charging me for a 1G connection and not getting it. So I said to her in a very calm manner that I have proof its not on my end because the speed tests were done with your speed test on your own site and the data is on my account. She looks it up and then realizes that my cable modem was a 16 channel and not the 24 channel that I needed. So they had upgraded my speed, gave me the wrong modem, charged me for the 3 months for a speed I was not getting, was rude to me, and blamed me for it when they didn't give me the right modem, then give me the right modem. Go figure.

Now the manager steps in apologized for their mistake and the other lady for being rude They credited my account so for the next 3 months I have no cable and internet bill. I win! Now I did get to smart off to the rude lady on the way out though for the way she acted to me. I cant type what I was said but the people in line behind me all applauded and cheered what I said lol. That was worth more to me than fixing my issue because they sure in the hell don't want to admit any wrong when they are wrong. Now at least my speeds are averaging 976 mbps to 1012 mbps
I spent over a year getting extremely low service... and I pay for their supposed "high Speed" but when I threatened to sue them because they couldn't give me faster speeds than joe blow down the street who only pays for the basics then they credited my account and the entire time they were upgrading service around here over 9 months... I didn't pay a dime.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok though, were getting a new Account management system soon.........
.....oh wait that post was from beginning of last year.

I guess Broadsword asked EA if they could have their own system and EA laughed in their faces........along with the UO shop.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

Was that Time Warner?
I have my own (ongoing) spat with them here.....

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was that Time Warner?
I have my own (ongoing) spat with them here.....
No. I have Suddenlink. Not sure if the company is staying the same name since Altice (second largest telecom in France but company based in the Netherlands) just finalized buying them in Dec of 2015.

My sister has Time Warner. I have heard the horror stories. I actually have great customer service and if there are issues it is taken care of pretty quick. That woman was just being rude that day.