• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petition for Broadsword. New Accounts.

Would you like to see a bundled new account for sale at a decent price?

• I agree

• I disagree

Results are only viewable after voting.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I believe there should be a way to buy a new account that is completely up to date. I would also like to see a more than decent discount on a bundled new account.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree too. The free trial can remain what it is, and then let people buy a current account token with ALL the prior stuff included for like $9.99 or something. It's totally piss ignorant (my granddad's phrase) to have a new player and then beat him to death with costs to get up to speed and have all the bells and whistles.

If you are gonna do this, if you don't make it cheap enough to be attractive-a one time purchase- then dont even waste your time.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
To keep up with competions of other games, at least have it so you can purchase a new account at one certain reasonable price with all the regular expansions to play the game (such as Stygian Abyss, High Seas, and Time of Legends upgardes,,,,still able to sell the expansions individually at a lower price then the bundle,,,I can understand not adding the packs, like Rustic theme pack or Kings pack,,,,just make the expansions themselves a bundle in a great package cover, revamped (like amazon did the frowny logo into a happy logo) The new TOL cover is great art work just needs a lil push on the marketing and bundling part,,,,,,as a parent who buys many games for Playstation and Xbox alot of expansions for games comes out after awhile video gaming becomes a large cost......if we are competing with newer games and game systems I feel we must make it more attractive in either price or at least a character somewhat more advanced them 30 skill points to start. How over whelming can it be to a new comer attempting a trial account with everyone in game so far advanced and in some places in a not so friendly world with 35 skill points and no money............

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They could have an advance bundle with somewhat more advance chars then 35 skill points and all the latest expansions and a basic bundle with just all the basic expansions and no advance chars. i do realize some veteran players could just want an extra account and are willing to build their own characters , just needing a basic account,,,and still have each expansion available by its self at a much lower price

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My view is if one doesnt like an art piece...lets see what you can do to make it better.............somebody spent time doing that ........

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
And good call with Dinos.....Dinosaurs are a big thing this year,,,,yes its way crazy in uo, however marketing I can see why

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This idea makes sense.

They should also offer a bundle for current subscribers that includes all the expansions and boosters since SA.

Buuuut... Origin would probably just add up the prices of all those and charge $74.95 because greed :sad4:

BS desperately needs to make an in-studio UO store and reprice everything sensibly.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I don't want to pay for things I don't use, like high sea's.

Does anyone use high sea's?
I have it on one account mainly because the guild I am on Sonoma does a lot of High Seas events. I wish I had gotten it for my 2nd account as well because of the Advance characters it has on other shards.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I don't want to pay for things I don't use, like high sea's.

Does anyone use high sea's?
Then you're in luck because High Seas is an optional booster pack, not a necessary expansion. ;)

I must be the only one that loves high seas...and is sad that they left it unfinished before adding Eodon.
I like High Seas! I like the improved ships and Corgul is my favorite boss. The pirate system is neat, though I'd love to see it fleshed out a bit more (and the EM names updated).

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Yep also...if you have a new account and try to customize your house the GUI will show "you need to upgrade to the latest expansion to unlock this". However, when you choose the latest expansion, YOU DON'T get crystal, etc. tile sets, you only get Shadowguard. You have to buy SA also to unlock gargoyles, house tiles, and certain things.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to sidestep the entire poll really, as I'm far more concerned about the subscription rate than I am the initial purchase price of the game and its expansions--the latter being a concern too, yes, but less pressing. $12 monthly does not make any sense for an almost 20-year-old game, and I suspect the market at large knows this, but many of us haven't gotten the memo. I am not insulting UO at all when I say that it belongs in the bargain bin category wherever it's sold. Some of my favorite games are good old games. But anyone with a substantial game library (or mediocre understanding of the industry) can attest that aging games are more profitable when sold at a reasonable price for their age.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't this how it used to be in the past, where new accounts were up to date with the latest expansions, and upgrades were only for existing accounts? Correct me if I am wrong. Either way though I agree that new accounts should be up to date out of the box in terms of expansions. "Boosters" like High Seas or the theme packs arguably could remain as optional upgrades that aren't included.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Then you're in luck because High Seas is an optional booster pack, not a necessary expansion. ;)

I like High Seas! I like the improved ships and Corgul is my favorite boss. The pirate system is neat, though I'd love to see it fleshed out a bit more (and the EM names updated).
I really feel that there is so much room to have the High Seas receive new content and make it more worth buying. I own all the expansions, I do believe and also love having High Seas. As far as the original post, I thoroughly agree that if someone has to come in from scratch, they should be offered the whole package at a discount.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However, when you choose the latest expansion, YOU DON'T get crystal
GOOD! The crystal set is such a complete eyesore that the devs who were in charge when it was added (2006) should be deeply ashamed! :devil:

Not good about the missing shadow tile set, as it is relatively decent.

Shadow and Crystal tile sets were a 9th Anniversary addition that came when you purchased a box, but it wasn't an expansion as there was no content aside from the tile sets, their respective furniture tokens, and a personal attendant. When they gave everyone everything up to ML in July, 2009, prior to the release of SA, they apparently forgot about the now-unpurchasable 9th Anniversary stuff. @Mesanna

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe there should be a way to buy a new account that is completely up to date. I would also like to see a more than decent discount on a bundled new account.
Also a bundle to upgrade your 10-15 year old account with every new exp pack, maybe a bundle for all boster packs too

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In complete agreement . It is simply preposterous what new and returning players have to do to get into this game.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In complete agreement . It is simply preposterous what new and returning players have to do to get into this game.
Agreed 100%... and I feel bad having to tell them all the hurdles they have to jump through.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the worst things is the unavailability of Stygian Abyss in some countries. It should be available globally at a competitive price as it is probably the most important expansion for someone coming back to the game.
Fix the Account Management, fix the origin store and fix the new player experience or this game will continue to bleed players and wither away.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I voted no at first because it wasn't clear what the question was but after thinking about it clearly, I changed it. At first, it seemed the topic was being able to but a character maxed out skill and stat wise

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should offer a discount if you play both UO and Dark Age Of Camelot.