• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Roof Encounter

JDs

Adventurer
I have tried a few of the rooms quite a few times but always seem to timeout, my friend and I did the bar the other night had the boss redlined and timed out when he literally had one more hit.

We both seem to have terrible lag in any of the rooms. Is this normal? Are there any tips or tricks we can employ to speed up the process?

I would say out of doing maybe thirty rooms over and over we finally got access to the roof and neither of us got a drop.

I would really like some minax sandals but have a feeling I could invest my time better elsewhere and just buy a pair.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We both seem to have terrible lag in any of the rooms. Is this normal? Are there any tips or tricks we can employ to speed up the process?
What client and what is your internet connection type? The Shadowguard rooms seem to be dynamically generated. This will probably lag older computers and/or slower connections. By any chance was the lag gone in the roof room? That is not like the other rooms.

JDs

Adventurer
My internet is just ADSL2 and its on a older computer, but yes the rooms lag much more than the roof.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My internet is just ADSL2 and its on a older computer, but yes the rooms lag much more than the roof.
What is your computer processor and how much RAM do you have? It sounds like the amount of tiles is what is causing you to lag. I don't know the total count, but the floor tiles alone run into the thousands.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm slow leaving and entering rooms when using EC. The CC folks seem to get in there (or are atleast able to see the room) before I can.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm slow leaving and entering rooms when using EC. The CC folks seem to get in there (or are atleast able to see the room) before I can.
It seems that must be the EC, same happens to me and I run EC and a fast computer and video card and tons of memory.. I am, however, many many miles from the server but i don't have any lag when in the rooms and none on the roof, just getting into them seems to be the slow part.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would recommend you get in a party with experienced roof runners that way if you lag someone in the party can finish the room for you. I do Armory, Orchard, Belfry and Bar with a group of 4 to 6 all the time. The fountain really needs 2 to have enough spawn to finish in time and you can leave and re-enter if you get drains that are too far away from the spigots.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Glad Im not the only one experiencing this problem. When I solo the bar encounter, by the time the room loads, I'm already at 30-50 hp from getting beat on.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried a few of the rooms quite a few times but always seem to timeout, my friend and I did the bar the other night had the boss redlined and timed out when he literally had one more hit.

I would say out of doing maybe thirty rooms over and over we finally got access to the roof and neither of us got a drop.

I would really like some minax sandals but have a feeling I could invest my time better elsewhere and just buy a pair.
What shard? I've done Shadowguard several times & I can definitely help you out.

JDs

Adventurer
What shard? I've done Shadowguard several times & I can definitely help you out.
On Atlantic, I tried it last night with some friends and they helped clear the rooms. We all timed out on the spigot room because of the distance that spigots had spawned form the drains was so great.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
On Atlantic, I tried it last night with some friends and they helped clear the rooms. We all timed out on the spigot room because of the distance that spigots had spawned form the drains was so great.
I saw my friend trying to connect the water spout to a spigot waaaay off screen. I laughed because he kept rearranging the blocks that I was putting down. He didn't realize you can connect TWO water spouts to the same spigot. In other words, completely ignore the spigots on the North and West side of the map. Maybe this is your case?

Finally, only have two players for the fountain. Anything more or less isn't optimal. Three is doable if you are QUICK!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw my friend trying to connect the water spout to a spigot waaaay off screen. I laughed because he kept rearranging the blocks that I was putting down. He didn't realize you can connect TWO water spouts to the same spigot. In other words, completely ignore the spigots on the North and West side of the map. Maybe this is your case?

Finally, only have two players for the fountain. Anything more or less isn't optimal. Three is doable if you are QUICK!
One is ok, you just have to go in one time to only pick up 20 or 30 canals, go out and come back in and do it. I have EC so it's easy to organize them by type, and as said above, more than one water spigot can connect to a drain and don't forget to use the multitude of corner pieces to build zigzags.