• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Future Contest thru Newsletter

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Everyone, I would like to give advanced notice that we will be running contests for those that have signed up for the Newsletter. The reward for the one that will be described in detail in our March mailing is for a Lithograph!This is the first of many contests we are going to sponsor so please take a few moments out of your day to sign up for the Newsletter. We are excited about some of the items we are giving away and we are sure you will be also. Mesanna

Continue reading...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So we should expect this sometime in September?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UO.com should sell lithographs, t-shirts, mugs (or beer steins?), those pewter dragon statues, ankh keychains, etc. Hell, run it through one of the online print shop places and there'd be no overhead.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yay! Now here is some great welcomed news. I would love to start seeing some swag becoming available. I miss my old cloth map that came with my old copy of UO and the ability to even purchase various items such as shirts and misc. gear would also be welcomed.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UO.com should sell lithographs, t-shirts, mugs (or beer steins?), those pewter dragon statues, ankh keychains, etc. Hell, run it through one of the online print shop places and there'd be no overhead.
I agree. I can guarantee I'd buy it. My wife would buy it too. In fact, she'd probably buy it before me.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
And on that note, don't make everything with the cartoony graphics. I would love the logo mostly but would consider a few other types of graphics on items.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Is it just me, or are these newsletters not being sent to our emails? I looked in all my folders, even spam and nothing...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Where do we sign up?
UO.com right under the big dragon in the center of the screen(The one with the Play Now Button) there is a place that says "Sign up for UO Newsletter" Simply put your email addy in there and hit Sign up..... I think it says The Herald on the left.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes me nervous when companies start giving away the family silver........

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*wonders if this follow thru is gonna be like the town banks, and the malas castle giveaways and contests*

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I believe we might be seeing a new chapter in the life of UO and Broadsword. While there have been many things in the past to make all of us have certain precognitive thoughts, I can hope for everyone to give Broadsword the benefit of the doubt and let's start a fresh page.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes me nervous when companies start giving away the family silver........
The 15th Anniversary prints were a run of 300. If I remember correctly they were offered to veteran accounts first and sold pretty quickly. Some were withheld from sale for future promotions, such as this one. (I seem to remember them stating that explicitly when the prints were first announced for sale.)

Anyway, I kind of doubt they are giving away a framed print, but that would be really nice.

Now, if the next promotion is to give away the end table that inspired the Davies Locker, then I'd join you in worrying.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That lithograph is sick...I want it!
Bought me one when they went on sale sometime after that last meet up there... I love it. (Wish I could have gone to the meet up more though).

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The 15th Anniversary prints were a run of 300. If I remember correctly they were offered to veteran accounts first and sold pretty quickly. Some were withheld from sale for future promotions, such as this one. (I seem to remember them stating that explicitly when the prints were first announced for sale.)
FYI
"A lithograph is an authorized copy of an original work created by the artist himself or other skilled craftsmen. A lithograph is rarely worth more than the original artwork it reproduces, but if the print quality is excellent and the production numbers are low, it may still have significant value in the art world." - ebay

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI
"A lithograph is an authorized copy of an original work created by the artist himself or other skilled craftsmen. A lithograph is rarely worth more than the original artwork it reproduces, but if the print quality is excellent and the production numbers are low, it may still have significant value in the art world." - ebay
Uh...ok? Was this for me, or just for the general thread?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just wanted the definition on record with your information on the number of copies made (300 and a certain number more that nobody really knows for sure). I'm not so sure "lithograph" is a term everybody just tosses around off the cuff.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah cool.

I wonder if they actually just had 300 and withheld some from that stock for future promotions, or if they had the 300 numbered and then additional non-numbered copies for future use?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I love the lithograph but I think I would be 1,000X more excited to get one of those super spiffy 15th anniversary robes. Just hinting.