• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics bug

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Last couple of days if I'm on my home page (google search) or facebook and I click my book marks to come to log into Stratics it kicks me back to the page I was on before I tried to visit Stratics. Anyone know what's doing this? I pretty much have to close my browser then come to Stratics and log in for it to work right.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last couple of days if I'm on my home page (google search) or facebook and I click my book marks to come to log into Stratics it kicks me back to the page I was on before I tried to visit Stratics. Anyone know what's doing this? I pretty much have to close my browser then come to Stratics and log in for it to work right.
Moved this to the proper forum, to make sure the right people see it =)

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
just more proof that facebook is the devil :devil:

Oscar the Grouch

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Does this behavior only occur with your Stratics bookmark? Have you deleted your bookmark and re-added it?

Let us know incase someone else experiences this.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Does this behavior only occur with your Stratics bookmark? Have you deleted your bookmark and re-added it?

Let us know incase someone else experiences this.
Yes I really had hopes this had happened to someone else also lol. The bookmark is the same it's always been of late. Just to be as specific as possible. I'll be logged into FB and click the Stratics bookmark at the top of the browser in the bookmarks bar. Firefox. It will immediately kick me back to facebook. I'm always signed into facebook but I sign into Stratics with each visit. I also have this happen from the google search page which is my home page. It's a very odd thing, lol. It has had this behavior several times just the last few days. I'm never logged into a google account. So it's just weird lol. If I open the browser and make Stratics my first stop I don't have this issue. It's not the end of the world, just an odd thing I was hoping someone had dealt with :) I thought maybe it might have something to do with "log in with facebook" or something. No biggie, mildly annoying :)

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yes I really had hopes this had happened to someone else also lol. The bookmark is the same it's always been of late. Just to be as specific as possible. I'll be logged into FB and click the Stratics bookmark at the top of the browser in the bookmarks bar. Firefox. It will immediately kick me back to facebook. I'm always signed into facebook but I sign into Stratics with each visit. I also have this happen from the google search page which is my home page. It's a very odd thing, lol. It has had this behavior several times just the last few days. I'm never logged into a google account. So it's just weird lol. If I open the browser and make Stratics my first stop I don't have this issue. It's not the end of the world, just an odd thing I was hoping someone had dealt with :) I thought maybe it might have something to do with "log in with facebook" or something. No biggie, mildly annoying :)
Hey, Capt -- if this is still happening, have a few questions for you:
  1. When specifically did it start happening (date)? Do you remember?
  2. Have you tried clearing your cache on your browser, then restarting it and deleting/creating a new bookmark as Oscar suggested?
  3. What is the actual direct link/URL string you are using in your bookmark? We can try to recreate it here.
If it's fixed, however, would love to hear what you did to make it stop happening so we have it for future if someone else ever sees it :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Well it started of Tuesday and seemed to clear up on it's on around Thursday. I did absolutely nothing about it. As of right now it was good yesterday evening and today. I did run an unscheduled virus scan but it didn't find anything. Although it does scan on it's own so it might have snuck one in I didn't know about. I think I did get an nvidia driver update in the last few days also. But all's good yesterday evening and today so I dunno :p Sorry for the alarm and I appreciate the help and concern. I find it weird it seemed to only happen to me. But all's well that ends well. Just an odd thing.