• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Long time player returning with a few ?s

Krinkplinker

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Greetings all! The latest expansion had me hankering to return to UO.. so I did!

I'm a player that has played off an on since T2A, so I've seen this game go through alot of changes. I take it in stride and roll with it.

That being said... I could use some guidance on a couple of things from the community if possible:

1. I see they still haven't seemed to fix the 2h swinging animations while mounted in the 2D client, which I prefer... unless I'm missing something. My characters still swing their empty hand. I know the focus is on the new client, and I respect that, but is there any way to fix this???

2. I'd like to try to find a guild to join that runs things on my shard (Atlantic), what would be the best place to look at for that?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm pretty stoked to be back!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Welcome back.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to the community! :)

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! Your first question has to be answered by the Devs. By the way, you can ask them in person on the 11th on Pacific Shard! You might check the schedule for meet and greets on other shards too. As for your second question, I'm on Pac so I can't help you but I wish you luck in your quest!

Therious

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I left the game around the time of AoS.

I had heard that there was going to be a new shard or server that was like it was back in 2000, is this correct?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
2. I'd like to try to find a guild to join that runs things on my shard (Atlantic), what would be the best place to look at for that?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm pretty stoked to be back!
Welcome back and I would say to check out www.llts.org for The Syndicate. It is The Syndicate's 20 year anniversary.