• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Does anyone remember....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The drop comnand for pets? For the longest time you could tell your freshly tamed pet to drop their loot. Why can't we do that anymore?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really..... odd i tried on a rune beetle and didnt get anything... definatly worked on your dragon?

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Really..... odd i tried on a rune beetle and didnt get anything... definatly worked on your dragon?
Does your rune beetle have a name with a space in it? At least in CC, it used to work with single word names only. "all drop" or "my greater Dragon drop" won't get any pet response.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Pretty sure pets used to have the get or fetch command a long time ago but people were using them to rob houses so I think they axed it.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes I remember the fetch command too

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'pet name drop' needs to be used after the pet has bonded and before it has died. Once it has died any loot was left on its corpse.
I have used it after that point - when the pet has been fighting an archer - ratman, juka lord, centuar etc. Used then you'll get a few arrows :D

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
'pet name drop' needs to be used after the pet has bonded and before it has died. Once it has died any loot was left on its corpse.
I have used it after that point - when the pet has been fighting an archer - ratman, juka lord, centuar etc. Used then you'll get a few arrows :D
Now I have to ask; So if your pet very rarely (Okay, never) dies, and you often send it to kill Archery based Mobs, it could eventually find itself encumbered and unable to walk very far because it's chock full of a million arrows? Or a billion arrows, depending on the ridiculous STR attribute it may possess.

Hypothetically speaking anyway...

Your pet's inventory could be worth more then the pet itself, and would be sought after by Hunters across the lands, wishing to slain it for it's incredible Archery Supply loot. I guess all those hunters would be on Beetles with Pack Horses too, to spread the inevitable load of so many arrows.

Edit: Oh damn, I forgot to account for a maximum of 125 unique piles of items in the inventory, and then (presumably) 999 arrows per stack? My whole dream has come crashing down :/ I can't imagine all those piles will exceed a high-end tamed creatures weight limit...

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Now I have to ask; So if your pet very rarely (Okay, never) dies, and you often send it to kill Archery based Mobs, it could eventually find itself encumbered and unable to walk very far because it's chock full of a million arrows? Or a billion arrows, depending on the ridiculous STR attribute it may possess.

Hypothetically speaking anyway...

Your pet's inventory could be worth more then the pet itself, and would be sought after by Hunters across the lands, wishing to slain it for it's incredible Archery Supply loot. I guess all those hunters would be on Beetles with Pack Horses too, to spread the inevitable load of so many arrows.

Edit: Oh damn, I forgot to account for a maximum of 125 unique piles of items in the inventory, and then (presumably) 999 arrows per stack? My whole dream has come crashing down :/ I can't imagine all those piles will exceed a high-end tamed creatures weight limit...
Potentially arrows can be in packs of 60k just like regs. But then you wonder because new mob might mean new pile of arrows.... but probably not ...... but if it was you'd run into the problem of 125 items...

CrazyDave

Old & Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
I have some of those purplish bunnies that are bonded and never have died. I wonder what loot they had? Anyone remember? I'll have to check that out when I get home.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm so in theroy i could go to destard, tame all the dragons and greater dragons, have them all drop their loot and release them, so the next person to come dragon hunting will get quit a shock

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm so in theroy i could go to destard, tame all the dragons and greater dragons, have them all drop their loot and release them, so the next person to come dragon hunting will get quit a shock
Except they apparently need to bond now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Except they apparently need to bond now.
Right.

I have some of those purplish bunnies that are bonded and never have died. I wonder what loot they had? Anyone remember? I'll have to check that out when I get home.
I don't think they had loot. I wish we could have an event like that again. I love my purple bunnies.