• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Where's the ML Legendaries!

Vulcan Firebrand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Couldn't help but notice the woodland legendaries going around statics. I've tried numerous ML bosses, sub bosses and outright low level mobs with max luck, 2910 luck after statue! Shimmering did drop a few(2 in 20 tries), but the rate in which they drop is ridiculously low compared to the Roof. Any clue as to where ML armor/weapon legendaries spawn??

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Couldn't help but notice the woodland legendaries going around statics. I've tried numerous ML bosses, sub bosses and outright low level mobs with max luck, 2910 luck after statue! Shimmering did drop a few(2 in 20 tries), but the rate in which they drop is ridiculously low compared to the Roof. Any clue as to where ML armor/weapon legendaries spawn??
if you mean the ML armor set pieces, i believe i got a one off of a lurg....... and if i recall correctly, it was loot found on the corpse (not straight to your pack)....... good luck

edit: here is a link that clarifies and also includes a link w/ a discussion re drop rates
Item Sets - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you mean the ML armor set pieces, i believe i got a one off of a lurg....... and if i recall correctly, it was loot found on the corpse (not straight to your pack)....... good luck

edit: here is a link that clarifies and also includes a link w/ a discussion re drop rates
Item Sets - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
I think he means the named and no name legendaries with ML properties ;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Miasma can drop ok elf pieces and you can kill her pretty quick with a sampire. You'll still be grinding for them though. Youll also want high luck as well. Kinda off subject but ratmen seem to drop higher quality goods then one would expect. Actually got a useable lesser from one last night with no luck.
I cant remember if doom drops elf pieces.... if so farming bone daemons would work well.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im assuming you mean you have YOUR max luck.
just to clarify because that is not max luck, max number luck is 3660.
(2480 from suit + 1100 from statue + 80 from sphynx = 3660)
((not including 1000 from Bushido Perfection))
(((not including hidden 1000 from being in Fel)))

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Do the random luck bonus from the fountain near navery stack on top of the sphinx luck bonus?

Vulcan Firebrand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
((not including 1000 from Bushido Perfection))
(((not including hidden 1000 from being in Fel)))
Correct but i was just listing the max amount i have on suit and statue. Sadly, my account isn't that old, so statue only gives me 500 luck.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the other day i went into do the swoop with my luck suit on, swoop drops ML items and with phat luck on and swoop being a boss the loot was rather nice - and ML like you where wanting.
also, if a phat luck suit on the mini boss's in Bedlam drop nice ML loot as well.
i pulled a bag full of Artifact Level stuff off them, cant recall if any where Legendary.
Miasma of course will drop ML stuff as well and she(it) is a ML boss.
any of those should drop what your looking for.

but you know all that already now that i re-read your post.

last time i did a dreadhorn and a Lady Mel we pulled Leg Art stuff and they drop ML stuff.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
"Miasma of course will drop ML stuff as well and she (it) is a ML boss.
any of those should drop what your looking for".

I guess we need a new deffinition of "Boss".

Last time i read post's from other people miasma/swoop's were called ,named creature's.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
the other day i went into do the swoop with my luck suit on, swoop drops ML items and with phat luck on and swoop being a boss the loot was rather nice - and ML like you where wanting.
also, if a phat luck suit on the mini boss's in Bedlam drop nice ML loot as well.
i pulled a bag full of Artifact Level stuff off them, cant recall if any where Legendary.
Miasma of course will drop ML stuff as well and she(it) is a ML boss.
any of those should drop what your looking for.

but you know all that already now that i re-read your post.

last time i did a dreadhorn and a Lady Mel we pulled Leg Art stuff and they drop ML stuff.
Total Garbage...

I've done 20+ Dreadhorn, 40+Twaulo, 30+ Meraktus, 10+ Mel...kills hundred of Miasmas.

Not one time...not one effin' time did I get a Legendary ML item.

Some Boss is dropping....

The problem is all the ML bosses should have an equal chance to drop an legendary ML item, and it shouldn't be a big secret.

Hence why the OP came to the boards with the post "What gives!"...

The fact that Champion Bosses and Peerless have a snowballs chance in dropping a nice item is a sure sign that this game is going down the tubes, and being neglected despite players paying a subscripion fee.

They need to fix this garbage but it's been pointed out over a year ago, and not a damn thing has been done about it.

Worst Team in history of UO....

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't know why people would even want Legendary Woodland pieces. Woodland Armor completely and utterly lacks any Stamina Protection whatsoever. It's worse than the Stam Protection of a innately meddable Leather suit. You get hit for 25 damage while in full Woodland, you lose 20-30 Stamina. Plus it doesn't have any innate LMC either.
To me, enhancing an extra 5% HCI/DCI or 10% DI on each piece, isn't worth dropping below max swing speed every time something breathes in my general direction.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to clarify 3660 is not the max luck a player can achieve.

Max luck on a suit is actually 2880. After clicking the statue my max luck suit gives me 3980.
Not included is the 80 from sphinx nor the 200 from the lucky coin toss.
Neither of which I bother doing. Being 2 points off the hard cap of 3982 for luck effectiveness is fine by me. :)

Screen shots included because :postpics:.
Hu in Luck.jpg

On Topic : I've gotten some really nice woodland pieces from Malas lvl 6 and 7 treasure maps in a max luck suit.
Unfortunately the best pieces both enhanced to mage armor.....:mad:.
Screen shots of those can't be included b/c I gave them to friends as gifts. :)

Yes @ysolt , both do indeed stack.
@Vulcan Firebrand I've found legendary samurai pieces can come from maps in Tokuno just as woodland from Malas.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Just to clarify 3660 is not the max luck a player can achieve.

Max luck on a suit is actually 2880. After clicking the statue my max luck suit gives me 3980.
Not included is the 80 from sphinx nor the 200 from the lucky coin toss.
Neither of which I bother doing. Being 2 points off the hard cap of 3982 for luck effectiveness is fine by me. :)

Screen shots included because :postpics:.
View attachment 42427

On Topic : I've gotten some really nice woodland pieces from Malas lvl 6 and 7 treasure maps in a max luck suit.
Unfortunately the best pieces both enhanced to mage armor.....:mad:.
Screen shots of those can't be included b/c I gave them to friends as gifts. :)

Yes @ysolt , both do indeed stack.
@Vulcan Firebrand I've found legendary samurai pieces can come from maps in Tokuno just as woodland from Malas.

Head Slot: Reforged cap enhanced with spined leather or golden ingots - Luck 190
Neck Slot: Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune - Luck 300 (490)
Chest Slot: Armor of Fortune - 200 (690)
Legs Slot: Reforged leggings enhanced with spined leather or golden ingots - Luck 190 (880)
Arms Slot: Reforged sleeves enhanced with spined leather or golden ingots - Luck 190 (1070)
Hands Slot: Reforged gloves enhanced with spined leather or golden ingots - Luck 190 1260)
Right Hand Slot: Reforged weapon enhanced with golden ingots - Luck 190 (1450)
Left Hand Slot: Reforged shield enhanced with golden ingots - Luck 190 (1640)
Ring Slot: Etoile Bleue - Luck 150 (1790)
Bracelet Slot: Novo Bleue - Luck 150 (1940)
Etoile Bleue / Novo Bleue set bonus - Luck 100 (2040)
Robe Slot: Conjurer's Garb - Luck 140 (2180)
Footwear Slot: Minax's Sandals - Luck 150 (2330)
Talisman: Lucky Charm - Luck 150 (2480)
Total: 2480 Luck
thats from UOguilde, interested to see where your squeezing another 400 points from.
(im gonna guess EM item?)

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
"Miasma of course will drop ML stuff as well and she (it) is a ML boss.
any of those should drop what your looking for".

I guess we need a new deffinition of "Boss".

Last time i read post's from other people miasma/swoop's were called ,named creature's.
mini boss?
ugly stepchild to a boss?

Vulcan Firebrand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Very Pleased with the attention this thread has received. I have a couple of pieces that I've accumulated over the past 6 months or so. Not much to look at but each one of these came from a ML Dungeon. The Tunic was a drop from Shimmering Effusion back in late November. I can't recall if we used a luck suit or not. As for the Gorget, retrieved it off of regular troglodytes in Painted Caves using as much luck as I could muster up. :eyes:

leaf tunic from shimmering.jpg Woodland Gorget from Trog Cave.jpg

Vulcan Firebrand

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Don't know why people would even want Legendary Woodland pieces. Woodland Armor completely and utterly lacks any Stamina Protection whatsoever. It's worse than the Stam Protection of a innately meddable Leather suit. You get hit for 25 damage while in full Woodland, you lose 20-30 Stamina. Plus it doesn't have any innate LMC either.
To me, enhancing an extra 5% HCI/DCI or 10% DI on each piece, isn't worth dropping below max swing speed every time something breathes in my general direction.
True, for a Dexxer, but as long as the Woodland has Mage Armor on it, then there's really no true difference between it or say, Leaf or Regular Leather for that matter. The Mage Armor Property removes all ST and LMC Bonuses from the piece. No matter the material it consists of. At the end of the day, woodland Dexxer Armor is obsolete, but, where one door closes another waits to be opened. Imagine, woodland having the potential to take Hybrid Temps over the top.... Think about it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Total: 2480 Luck
thats from UOguilde, interested to see where your squeezing another 400 points from.
(im gonna guess EM item?)
Some characters are permanently bugged with higher Luck. My Tamer/Mage has 2,330 Luck, yet he wears 190 Luck Circlet, 200 Luck AoF, 300 Luck Leurocian's Mempo, 140 Luck Leather Sleeves, 140 Luck Leather Gloves, 140 Luck Leather Leggings, 200 Luck Swords of Prosperity, 80 Luck Soles of Providence, 140 Luck Conjurer's Garb, and 400 Luck from Bleue Jewelry Set (1,930 Total...). He goes up to 2,480 when i wear the Lucky Charm instead of Totem of the Void (need the LMC). This is all without Luck Statue, Fountain or Sphinx.