• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I can't believe this....

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bought the High Seas expansion today and when I went to my mail I found this:

''We’re processing your order and still need some time to deliver your game.

We process most orders within 24 hours. In order to protect our customers, we sometimes require additional verification and it can take up to 48 hours to complete an order.''

I bought a digital game and I need to wait 24-48 hous?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome to UO. Things work.... different in these parts. It stinks but once in a while you do have to wait for the codes to be sent. It is UOs version of russian roullette.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's the way things work now in the modern world to make sure your CC purchase clears and you don't have a stolen CC and you are serious about buying the item.... etc.. to combat folk charging up fees and then trying to reverse them and such. Stupid I know... but so are many things we have to do now because of folk who like to steal and cheat and such instead of work for a living like the rest of the world.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's the way things work now in the modern world to make sure your CC purchase clears and you don't have a stolen CC and you are serious about buying the item.... etc.. to combat folk charging up fees and then trying to reverse them and such. Stupid I know... but so are many things we have to do now because of folk who like to steal and cheat and such instead of work for a living like the rest of the world.
No, really it's not. Origin is just a pathetic, assbackwards system that tends to do WTF it wants, regardless of industry standards...or logic. I've never had to wait on ANY other modern online store for 24/48 hours while it thought about processing my card.

Let's all stop making excuses for Origin.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, really it's not. Origin is just a pathetic, assbackwards system that tends to do WTF it wants, regardless of industry standards...or logic. I've never had to wait on ANY other modern online store for 24/48 hours while it thought about processing my card.

Let's all stop making excuses for Origin.
Oh I know Origin store is the culprit... and their system is completely and utterly worthless... why we have to tolerate their idiocy is beyond me.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I purchased the High Seas expansion yesterday as well, but I got the code in my e-mail almost instantly. The difference might be the fact that I used the card that is in their file system.

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Still waiting for my order... I opened a ticked yesterday and im trying to contact EA via UK livechat (Im from Europe) but its impossible.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why for the last year or so I've been buying all my codes from 3rd party websites. Usually cheaper and instant delivery.

Funny how a massive company like EA can't seem to do this but these smaller outlets can.