• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question concerning staff

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
ok I post articles for couple shards I play on, I'm not a reporter so my articles have to be approved by a staff member, but with the recent changes here with personnel I no longer know who to PM when I have a article ready to post. So can I get a PM as to whom I can PM when I am ready to post an article.

BTW I will be posting one this morning on Sonoma shortly. Thanks

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Alternatively, you could always send in an application and join the staff so you can approve your own articles. :)
My daughter was a reporter for a good while back in 2006-2008, it was really hard for her to do the job as expected and many times I had to help with snaps and editing, her character, "Kimi Mori" had to be guilded back then in the UOSS on Sonoma and it was like she had to attend every dog and pony show to meet the requirement of at least one article per week to be posted. I rather not have to go through that. I will continue to post articles about the EM events on the shards I play, (since they don't have reporters), but I'm not about to attend every dog and pony show like Kimi Mori.

But thanks, I have to say no. Now if I could join staff and not worry about any of the above.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My daughter was a reporter for a good while back in 2006-2008, it was really hard for her to do the job as expected and many times I had to help with snaps and editing, her character, "Kimi Mori" had to be guilded back then in the UOSS on Sonoma and it was like she had to attend every dog and pony show to meet the requirement of at least one article per week to be posted. I rather not have to go through that. I will continue to post articles about the EM events on the shards I play, (since they don't have reporters), but I'm not about to attend every dog and pony show like Kimi Mori.

But thanks, I have to say no. Now if I could join staff and not worry about any of the above.
I remember those rules...which made sense to me at the time....different owners different visions.

I also remember Kimi quite fondly! Things are not so structured here now....pretty much doing what you do now with the added bonus of being able to approve your own articles among other things.

Think about it....shoot me a pm, we would love to have you and anyone else that loves to write as much as you do!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Drakelord! *bows*

I worked with you and Kimi Mori when she was reporting, and I know how diligent she was ... and you! Please give her my greetings! I knew you were involved as well and your cooperative actions made the Sonoma reports one of the shards I never had to 'worry' about, and one I often proudly showed to prospective reporters and managers. I also know how much work it was, and you all put in well over your 'weekly' report that was requested by myself to our official staff members. We were just trying to keep vibrant reporting on the forums, and trying to find ways to effectively do that. I'm sorry if it left you, and her, feeling so pressured. I put myself under the same strictures - actually I tried for 3 a week - so I know the effort it takes! I never intended a reporter to have to 'attend every dog and pony show' or lose out on guild membership by staying in the UOSS guilds created on each shard to identify the Stratics staff. (We had some imposters, and UOSS was a response to that.)

I'm so glad you are still involved and contributing... no matter how it is done! I just wanted to pipe in and tell you how much I appreciate, and always have appreciated, what you do!

-- El