• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Honesty items...seriously ??

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone check the spawn rate, or the code on Siege ? I just ran the entire perimeter of fire island, and not a single item anywhere. They're supposed to spawn along the shore line, so I figured this should be a big enough spot. Do these really need to be this hard to find ? Just trying to finish up the virtues.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome to what people have said about Honesty since it was put into the game.

(I had the best luck circling Moonglow, Jhelom and Mag)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just did the mainlands from Trinsic to Yew and the islands. Didn't have to many

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone check the spawn rate, or the code on Siege ? I just ran the entire perimeter of fire island, and not a single item anywhere. They're supposed to spawn along the shore line, so I figured this should be a big enough spot. Do these really need to be this hard to find ? Just trying to finish up the virtues.
I did this on siege a while back... I have to tell you that unless you have Item ID, it's absolutely not worth your time. It would take weeks if not months of dedicated play to get maxed otherwise, and even then, it goes down when you buy anything. The Shore between vesper and Minoc, Buc's Den, Occlo were all pretty good spots for me. To be clear, good spots meant maybe 10 items an hour as opposed to I'd say less than 5 an hour running random shores/roads.

This virtue is in serious need of an update and/or redesign IMO.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not Item ID you need, it's forensic eval. And while they are easiest to find around coasts, they can spawn just about anywhere. When I scour bucc's den I go around a few tiles away from the coast so I see ones that are more inland too.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not Item ID you need, it's forensic eval. And while they are easiest to find around coasts, they can spawn just about anywhere. When I scour bucc's den I go around a few tiles away from the coast so I see ones that are more inland too.
Oops, yep, that's right. My bad!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, I'm not sure why the devs thought grinding out Knight only to lose it because you saved 800 gold on a keg of pots, was a stellar game addition.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'm not sure why the devs thought grinding out Knight only to lose it because you saved 800 gold on a keg of pots, was a stellar game addition.
I feel like if gaining it is the way it is, it should have some steady, but slow decay rate, but not go down for use. That way you have to really make an effort to get up there, and have to make maintaining it part of your life, but the reward doesn't just disappear when you use it. It's not like its such an amazing reward anyway.

Also, it doesn't make a ton of sense thematically. Why does shopping make you less honest? I certainly see no reason an NPC would be like "Oh you're honest, here's a discount... but don't buy anything else!"

Last edited:

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a rune book for islands, both Fel and Tram. Add to it Moonglow, Bucs, New Haven, Ocllo, Fire Island (Hyloth Island) and the Trinsic Coast Island.

There are a few islands that never spawn honesty items. They seem to be islands used at one time or another for events or on serverlines.

Recall around and you'll get ur gains cap for the day in usually 1 to 2 hrs tops, unless someone else is doing the same thing at the same time. :(

Good luck... its a PITA and hardly worth it cept for those few nerds that want to have Knight of all Virtues showing. :rolleyes:
(Now if someone could patch in so EC users could open other players Virtues gumps so us Super Nerds can show off....... )

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think at the very least, the reward for reaching Virtue Knight (i guess it would be called) should be no daily gains cap on any virtue once they're all reached simultaneously.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A while back I logged in to check on the Wintermoor museums and there were a couple sitting outside on the ground. I didn't know you had a higher chance of seeing them along the shoreline.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make a rune book for islands, both Fel and Tram. Add to it Moonglow, Bucs, New Haven, Ocllo, Fire Island (Hyloth Island) and the Trinsic Coast Island.

There are a few islands that never spawn honesty items. They seem to be islands used at one time or another for events or on serverlines.

Recall around and you'll get ur gains cap for the day in usually 1 to 2 hrs tops, unless someone else is doing the same thing at the same time. :(

Good luck... its a PITA and hardly worth it cept for those few nerds that want to have Knight of all Virtues showing. :rolleyes:
(Now if someone could patch in so EC users could open other players Virtues gumps so us Super Nerds can show off....... )
Sadly being on siege makes it twice as slow. :(

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A while back I logged in to check on the Wintermoor museums and there were a couple sitting outside on the ground. I didn't know you had a higher chance of seeing them along the shoreline.
Yea they spawn more often along water, that was a little known secret those of us found out by trial and error when Honesty was 1st introduced.

That cat has been outta the bag for awhile now so.....

Sadly being on siege makes it twice as slow. :(
What's Siege? :ohsnap: ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea they spawn more often along water, that was a little known secret those of us found out by trial and error when Honesty was 1st introduced.

That cat has been outta the bag for awhile now so.....

What's Siege? :ohsnap: ;)
:( no hate bruh

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Biggest advantage for Knight of Honesty I've found is if ur selling Shatter potions. They sell on a NPC ophidian for 1272 gold individually.
They can not be crafted. If your into PvP, they're pretty much necessity for good players.

Back when Honesty 1st came out, I'd take character A and buy up the vendors to 999. Then, I'd log on character B w/ Knight of Honesty
and buy as many 999 stacks as I could before losing Knight. You get a 1/3 discount from all NPC vendors as Knight of Honesty.

So basically instead of spending 1,270,728
I'd save 423,567. Discount included, I'd spend 847,152.

It was an easy way to make a decent profit off an item that wasn't commonly found on vendors.
The Kings Collection screwed that up w/ barrel sponges that drop shatter pots. Shatter pots are much easier to find now.

That said, I didn't work up Honesty for the purpose of buying Shatter pots. I worked it up cause I wanted to be a Knight in all Virtues. I found myself struggling to justify the upkeep of the Virtue, looking for the Virtue's most lucrative advantage beside satisfying my desire to be a super nerd. :mf_prop:

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have to agree that many things are becoming a grind. .. feel like I spend so much time grinding one thing after another I don't really play and just enjoy UO anymore.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
^^ Solution to that is simple, do the things you enjoy and pass on the things you don't. Admittedly, I pass on a lot of relatively newer game aspects. Additionally if you're a good Samaritan, drop Broadsword a note letting them know what aspects you're passing on, and why.

Personally, I like the idea behind the Honesty Virtue, but I agree that it's too grindy. I also think there should be more than one path to increasing it. But hey, maybe there are a ton of players out there who like it just like it is. I wouldn't know. Otherwise, maybe they should do something to make it more enjoyable. :wink:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just make it a toggle to use it when buying.
I worked it up and lost it so fast to buying small stuff I quite.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just make it a toggle to use it when buying.
I worked it up and lost it so fast to buying small stuff I quite.
WORD ^^^^

Can't count how many times I've lost Knight from buying commodity deeds to stock a vendor w/ imbue mats and wasn't paying attention.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
^^ Solution to that is simple, do the things you enjoy and pass on the things you don't. Admittedly, I pass on a lot of relatively newer game aspects. Additionally if you're a good Samaritan, drop Broadsword a note letting them know what aspects you're passing on, and why.
They don't listen. If you manage to press them on any of their obviously failed ideas, they just mumble something about how someone somewhere that you've never seen is totally loving it.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basicly honesty items can spawn anywhere in the world. But if they spawn on the sea, they get teleported to the nearest coast. Thats why you can find them easier alongside on coastal lines.
At least that is, what i seem to remember about.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've knighted this virtue multiple times on multiple characters...and now I don't dare ever buy anything from an NPC using them...:rolleyes: (use of the virtue needs a toggle!)

I did a run down on how to make the virtues more user friendly last May, before the ToL virtue details were announced, specifically how to make them less of a grind. Honesty was the #1 offender when it comes to grindiness, mainly regarding the finding of the damn items. (shorelines are your best bet, but they can spawn anywhere outside of a justice region in Tram or Fel)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been running the trade thing from Magincia to where ever for pinks the last week. Seems every 3rd run or so there are 2-5 lost items spawned around the point around the moongate. Anyway I pick them up and when I get a moonglow run I zip in the bank on the way to docks and dump them off. I did put foresenic on the toon running the trades and honesty is going up steadily even if slowly. Can see where the savings would be a big asset on siege. LOL at knight things would only cost 2x more than prodo :)