• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bad Storm Hitting US East Coast

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Left Houston for Chicago via Atlanta late yesterday afternoon. I managed to change my flight to one that was leaving 2 hours earlier and got through Atlanta right before the sleet slowed things up. That's because, for the first time ever, I bought trip insurance. :rolleyes: Unlike my last trip late December where I hung out (happily) in Bangor, ME for an extra 4 days due to weather and mechanical problems.

But I'm always ready for more snow. Love it. The more the merrier! I've got my Vermont Castings woodstove which is going day and night during the winter and if we lose power that means heat, cooking, hot water and most importantly... coffee! My neighbors know they have a place to stay and will be fed.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ha!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Stay frosty Taylor and fer sure stay at home.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Measured the snow today in my yard and a couple of neighbors yard we got a total of 16 inches. I spent 7 hours (Started at noon and stopped at 7:15 pm) doing my and my neighbors side walks and drive ways. Finally I cleaned 80 feet of the road and I did this all with a snow shovel ) Its a good workout and great cardio if you try it). Stupid city wont do back roads until Monday and wasn't sure if I may have to leave and buy beer and drive to Taylor's house in DC just in case he ran out :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello over there, I hope you all are well and can keep it warm in your homes.
Here in Denmark, I believe the winter is over for this time. We got one week snow and frost in December and one last week was frost and a little snow, that's all we had seen to the winter this year. The snow from last week is almost gone this morning.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are no "ski naked" memes in this thread. We have all gotten old while we weren't looking. :pie:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Most snow in NYC since 1888. Part of where I am at in Queens got 30+ inches. There is fear about more precipitation on its way in terms of the ground freezing over and potential flooding. So stay warm everyone - work remotely from home if you can and take public transport instead of driving, if available.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're up to 24" last count. I ran out of bourbon--send help.
Sorry bro. I went and did some snow boarding while I had a chance. Bad thing is now its all melting and we have rain tomorrow. Next week we are suppose to be almost 60 degrees. I'm like wtf lol

Next snow storm I will have you covered.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A pretty bad storm is currently blasting the U.S. east coast. Just throwing that info out there just in case there are any problems with UO this weekend. Be patient and understand that the dev team may be without power and the ability to do much.

I hope everyone who is affected by this storm is able to stay inside, safe and warm. Good luck to you all. Will be thinking about you.
I guess that means the black helicopters weren't flying over the weekend either.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
as a Canadian, mind you not a normal Canadian but one that lives in the High North i look at this thread and shake my head.

get all that snow AND let the temp drop down below -40 AND dont turn the lights on for 6 months then come talk to me about winter.

and since we are comparing photo's with a beer in it here is mine, i put the beer in the middle of the sidewalk... just beside the tree and over from my truck, its there, you may have to squint to see it though.