• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Switching Mastery

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello friends!

Old Dr. Alzheimer needs your help: He got Necro and Mysticism Mastery. He tried Necro first, switched nicely. Then he tried Mysticism, no problem. Then he wanted to switch back to Necro - and the menu stood greyish. Thats how it is now for 4 hours. I cannot re-re-switch...

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello friends!

Old Dr. Alzheimer needs your help: He got Necro and Mysticism Mastery. He tried Necro first, switched nicely. Then he tried Mysticism, no problem. Then he wanted to switch back to Necro - and the menu stood greyish. Thats how it is now for 4 hours. I cannot re-re-switch...

Any suggestions?
Thank you so much!
Page a GM.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 10 minutes to switch masterys. So if he can't switch then he needs to page a GM. Make sure that the skill you want to switch to is 90 Real Skill (you didn't remove it or lower by mistake?).

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's 10 minutes to switch masterys. So if he can't switch then he needs to page a GM. Make sure that the skill you want to switch to is 90 Real Skill (you didn't remove it or lower by mistake?).
It happened on all chars which had at least two masteries. I tried the different spells and organized my uo-desktop with shortcuts for each skill. After that I tried to switch back but couldn't. I waited longer than 3h, and all the respective chars have 100 and more skill. Nobody had a similar problem? Bugged books or to many masteries active?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried dropping the book and picking it up again?

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having the same problem. Dropped the book and picked it up but that did not help.

Wait, as soon as I posted this and tried again it worked. Strange. So maybe dropping the book helped, just took a few minutes.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10 mins after dropping and picking book back up?
(also did you try logging out and back in? closing paperdoll and reopen?)
maybe let Rico hold the book for you?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since this thread came back from the dead and I cant get on LS right now.

I have 120 real mace skill. I have all the expansions. I have a book. When I click stagger or the other skill I get a message like. "You are on the wrong path"

What do I need to do? ty I need the mastery for dummies explanation.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Since this thread came back from the dead and I cant get on LS right now.

I have 120 real mace skill. I have all the expansions. I have a book. When I click stagger or the other skill I get a message like. "You are on the wrong path"

What do I need to do? ty I need the mastery for dummies explanation.
Have you ate the Mace primers to go along with the book? They drop randomly at Champ Spawns...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only other thing I can think of is have you opened the book and selected the Mace Mastery? Eating a primer does not default select the one you ate...

other than that danifikno
That sounds like a step I didn't do. Ill try to figure out how to select it. That must be what the webpage was referring to.

"Each skill has a mastery title which can be selected from the skills section of the title menu."

Thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That sounds like a step I didn't do. Ill try to figure out how to select it. That must be what the webpage was referring to.

"Each skill has a mastery title which can be selected from the skills section of the title menu."

Thanks!
You're welcome.. glad to help. Think you just single click on the book then select "Select Mastery" from the drop down you get.. pulls up a page that shows all the masteries you have eaten.. click and roll out after that :)