• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Town Trade Buff?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Vesper does. I know there's always atleast one or two other towns that do on ATL as well.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, how unloyal to the town which you change your undying loyalty towards lol
Oh I once tried to get all of the governors on Cats to not double up and cover all the buffs....I even offered to fund some that were having difficulties raising capital.
OMG you would think I asked to see in their underwear drawer for the ruckus they made.....

It was similar to how other drama queens perform.......lol

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Obligatory mention whenever someone brings up town buffs:

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @DEVS in general, make buffs accessible in fel/to reds, give us the option to choose our town buff or just make FC 1 and SSI the only ones available! They're far and away the most useful/only used buffs out there, and are make-or-break for pvpers. We shouldn't be at the mercy of some random Tram, roleplaying governor!

...la

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Don't play on shards with Trammel. *problem fixed*...la
We'd still be at the mercy of trammy, roleplaying governors though. We'd also probably have a harder time finding and bribing said governors too...because, you know, said shard would have stupid skill-gaining rulesets, force you to buy more accounts in order to have more than 1 character, and have zero population whatsoever ...la

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Why would you need more than one account? *cough*soulstones*cough*...la
How do you get said soulstones on a shard with virtually zero player base or economy? Throw more dollars at the origin store so I can get said items and then spend time grinding skills on a shard where my skill gains are slowed and made much harder all so I can eventually play the templates that I like on a shard with almost no players and certainly no pvp? *cough* great solution *cough*

Allowing pvpers to have some control over the only two buffs that have a direct impact on pvp would be more sensical to me.

...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's odd, most of playing Siege have never had any issues purchasing soulstones in-game. For such a so-called poor economy, they happen to be available quite frequently. Guess you really haven't spent much time here. Instead of complaining about the so-called slow gains, maybe try to train them up. *presto*...la

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
It's odd, most of playing Siege have never had any issues purchasing soulstones in-game. For such a so-called poor economy, they happen to be available quite frequently. Guess you really haven't spent much time here. Instead of complaining about the so-called slow gains, maybe try to train them up. *presto*...la
Sorry that I hurt your feelings, but instead of derailing every thread, trying to imply that Siege is secretly the shard/rule-set we're all looking for, maybe just accept reality, Siege sucks, I and many others have played there (I played quite actively 3 or 4 years ago, I even have a mostly trained/suited char), however, it sucked then, and it probably sucks even more as the playerbase has declined across the game.

...la

PS: Let pvpers have access to town buffs in Fel.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

@Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @DEVS in general, make buffs accessible in fel/to reds, give us the option to choose our town buff or just make FC 1 and SSI the only ones available! They're far and away the most useful/only used buffs out there, and are make-or-break for pvpers. We shouldn't be at the mercy of some random Tram, roleplaying governor!

...la
Is there no governor in fel towns?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If Seige is not a shard that is of interest, then no need to say it sucks. There are people that love Seige and while I don't play there, I do find it interesting.

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
If his in-game personality is as cheery as it is here, I'm guessing he might run into issue getting enough votes...la
*cough* my likes-to-posts ratio speaks in my favor *cough*

I've said it before on the awesomeness that is Siege: the proof is in the pudding.

Alas, I digress. I only do pvp-related things. I'll survive so long as I can pay off governors for my FC 1 perk, still doesn't make sense why such unbalancing PvP perks are in the hands of RP, trammies. It's a poorly thought out system and one I'd like to see fixed. That's all.

...la

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

...la
Maybe they should just add town stones to Fel - but you shouldn't just be choosing whatever town buff you please without the proper town respect and citizenship. That will take away from the governorship program, which already lacks a bit of real support.

Also, plenty of folks use the SDI buff - not just FC and SSI. Even HCI - some people who can't fit that onto their suits or have those Uber legendary jewels that don't include it will go to a town to get it. You can lecture me about Imbue weight or whatever you want, but not everyone PVPs or has suits where every ounce of imbue weight has been calculated to a T.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I've only just recently started trying to calculate imbue weight like that and it is a lot of work but a town singers in fel just makes sense.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there no governor in fel towns?
the reason is.....that it is for RP player only....and RPers are afraid to hang out in fel cause fel players doing have kill rules.... we dont bring a knife to a gun fight

but they could easily add fel governors....and then we could have Fel RP....town wars....sieges...raping and pillaging and all that other fun stuff!

on top of that,,,then we could do our own buffs and tell the RPers to go hump their pretty hats!

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Rico trying to turn every thread that's even vaguely PVP related into a Siege thread while everyone goes "lol empty shard" and brushes him off is rapidly becoming a grusome farce.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs have said that they aren't going to be adding governors to Fel (Blackthorn doesn't rule there being their logic). I seem to vaguely remember that they did say they'd consider adding the buffs to Fel somehow during one of the M&G's last year, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Eat magical fish pies and carry a satiety cure (makes you hungry) and you'll have a +5 buff of your choice for ~5 mins.

OR...The handful of remaining reds can spend 10K VvV points on a royal pardon and take a 2 min trip to Tram to click a stone. :p

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The devs have said that they aren't going to be adding governors to Fel (Blackthorn doesn't rule there being their logic). I seem to vaguely remember that they did say they'd consider adding the buffs to Fel somehow during one of the M&G's last year, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Eat magical fish pies and carry a satiety cure (makes you hungry) and you'll have a +5 buff of your choice for ~5 mins.

OR...The handful of remaining reds can spend 10K VvV points on a royal pardon and take a 2 min trip to Tram to click a stone.
I guess I need to catch up on the story line... Didn't Blackthorn die?

tombomb84

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Soooooo.... Back to the original post, anyone know if Vesper is the only city that does ssi bonus? Thanks!

Oh yeah...cough cough :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico trying to turn every thread that's even vaguely PVP related into a Siege thread while everyone goes "lol empty shard" and brushes him off is rapidly becoming a grusome farce.
And just think if all of those that use the "empty shard" excuse came to Siege, it wouldn't be an empty shard...go figure...la

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the reason is.....that it is for RP player only....and RPers are afraid to hang out in fel cause fel players doing have kill rules.... we dont bring a knife to a gun fight

but they could easily add fel governors....and then we could have Fel RP....town wars....sieges...raping and pillaging and all that other fun stuff!

on top of that,,,then we could do our own buffs and tell the RPers to go hump their pretty hats!
When the Governor Program was started, Fel had Factions.

Now VvV is the "replacement" of Factions.

meh

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess I need to catch up on the story line... Didn't Blackthorn die?
That was Borgthorn, a cyborg duplicate created by Exodus to replace the human Blackthorn. He was killed by Lady Dawn.

Then we had King Pro-tempore Casca, who worked for the Shadowlord Faulinei. He was also killed by Lady Dawn.

Then Dawn became Queen Dawn and ruled for a while, before being killed by her husband, Ors, who was in Virtue Bane's thrall.

The real Blackthorn escaped Exodus sometime during/after its appearance and "death" in the decimated Ver Lor Reg. He later revealed himself in Ter Mur where he helped to cure the gargish blight. He then somehow became King of Britannia in Trammel (he was crowned by Dupre during the 15th Anniversary party).

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the Governor Program was started, Fel had Factions.

Now VvV is the "replacement" of Factions.

meh
lets not get in the vvv debate again....or some of the ladies will call me a big bully and threaten to quit again :)

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
That was Borgthorn, a cyborg duplicate created by Exodus to replace the human Blackthorn. He was killed by Lady Dawn.

Then had King Pro-tempore Casa, who worked for the Shadowlord Faulinei. He was also killed by Lady Dawn.

Then Dawn became Queen Dawn and ruled for a while, before being killed by her husband, Ors, who was in Virtue Bane's thrall.

The real Blackthorn escaped Exodus sometime during/after its appearance and "death" in the decimated Ver Lor Reg. He later revealed himself in Ter Mur where he helped to cure the gargish blight. He then somehow became King of Britannia in Trammel (he was crowned by Dupre during the 15th Anniversary party).
Thank you for your recount of the history. I am not and will never be a RP person but it's nice knowing the history.