• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary Artifacts

P E T E

Visitor
Where would be the best spot to farm legendary artifacts at? I've tried looking everywhere and i couldn't find ANY..

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where would be the best spot to farm legendary artifacts at? I've tried looking everywhere and i couldn't find ANY..
Exodus I hear, unless that's changed. Any boss monster really, even Baracoon usually drops a few.

As for non-boss monsters, you'll be hard pressed. I have gotten them off of Ancient Wyrms, Greater Dragons, and Miasma's but very infrequently. So, I'm sure any of the top regular monsters will probably have a similar drop rate.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to do 2-5 champs a day....seldom see a good legendary... but exodus or underwater can be soloed and you will get 2-5 leg drops per.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What temp would you use to kill underwater boss?
if you are doing a group you need a sampire, a bard mage, a necro mage minimum. ( a second sampire helps too)

if solo...the only template I have heard or seen do it is the pure paladin... threads in the warrior forum with spread sheets and video.

personally I have limited tolerance to farm legendary arties...I get board too easy. But when I do I like the 4 person system... normally takes under 5 mins

P E T E

Visitor
if you are doing a group you need a sampire, a bard mage, a necro mage minimum. ( a second sampire helps too)

if solo...the only template I have heard or seen do it is the pure paladin... threads in the warrior forum with spread sheets and video.

personally I have limited tolerance to farm legendary arties...I get board too easy. But when I do I like the 4 person system... normally takes under 5 mins
What about 2 people lol

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use to do 2-5 champs a day....seldom see a good legendary... but exodus or underwater can be soloed and you will get 2-5 leg drops per.
How do you do Exodus? I tried once to dual client it and got my ass handed to me.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've gotten all mine from Scalis group net tosses and level 7 treasure chests. I also hear Exodus is best but never done it. You'd need to find a group on your shard. But even at legendary, I don't often get anything useful or valuable, maybe 1 out of 25.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive been doing the roof encounter and turtles with guild mates, usually 2-3 of us.
i get lots of Leg Arti's doing that.
the roof you usually get a back full and most if not all of those are arti level, usually 10 or so Leg Arti.

just get a decent luck suit and farm high end stuff.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have so many legendaries I have nowhere left to put them - it's like they grow on trees for me

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Exodus encounter and the Roof encounter.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
truly according to Mes..it changes from time to time depending on where she wants to see people playing, Right now it seems to be on the roof ( but not sure if it can be done by 1-2 people)

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have so many legendaries I have nowhere left to put them - it's like they grow on trees for me
SMH! LOL.. i have recently just unraveled all my legendary arties because I just got tired of holding them. Maybe, i should have tried selling them but meh, i can just craft and imbue what i need since i play for fun and am not too serious about much in game.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL classic! I am working on a thief and was wondering, if you successfully snoop and steal, does that make you grey and guard whackable if you do such actions in town in fel?
The guards do work in towns, but if done properly a thief can get a successful steal without being noticed. Even if you do get seen, unless someone calls the guards, you can race out of the guard zone along with your loot. My preference has always been to steal out of town so not to worry about those pesky guards, but at the same time, if the I do find something worth stealing, I will take the chance :) ...la

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I also saw Ali kick Forman's ass...doesnt mean I can do it :)

He didn't kick his ass. wouldn't fight him for 8 rounds. he did out think him though. ;p

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But I also saw Ali kick Forman's ass...doesnt mean I can do it :)

He didn't kick his ass. wouldn't fight him for 8 rounds. he did out think him though. ;p
oh I think he kicked his ass for about 30 seconds....which is all it took once Forman had punched himself out. :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Scalis can no longer be solo'd using the pure paladin, the Devs saw to that with the changes they made to nerf the paladin.
You'd need a healer also now to heal you while you attack as you can no longer rely on your own heals.

There is also 1 little known weapon that works very well on him.....but i'm not telling as they will nerf that too. :D

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exodus and Scalis can be 2 manned using the ancient, almost lost art of Warrior X-Healing. Stagger and Pierce work particularly well on them, for destroying their melee damage output.
I just laugh when i see a Macing or Fencing Primer Volume III going for 1-2 Mill, and a Bushido Primer Volume III going for 18 mill. The Bushido Mastery abilities are pretty worthless, and the +15 Mana Passive is nowhere near as good as Stagger, Pierce, or Onslaught.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM event mobs and bosses are packed to the rafters with them

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
EM event mobs and bosses are packed to the rafters with them
Yes which is why I get totally irate about not being able to loot any of the big boss mobs in the EC. It totally locks up and crashes the client.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats because the EC actually allows instantly sorts the good stuff out... crazy... while us dumb ##cks sift through using our favourite CC

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats because the EC actually allows instantly sorts the good stuff out... crazy... while us dumb ##cks sift through using our favourite CC
Tons of nice features in the EC but it's so fugly I can't play it. They need to cater to the majority and install some of those in the CC. UO assist is an embarrassment and with other free programs available but illegal to use. Can we get some EC features in the CC? If they would have continued with the high res artwork maybe then they could have phased out EC like they did with third dawn...................

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly while you guys are throwing things around in the bag of a public corpse this causes the EC auto sort to spasm and die.... also causing a crash... so I don't have the auto sort turned on at events since it's too annoying.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tons of nice features in the EC but it's so fugly I can't play it. They need to cater to the majority and install some of those in the CC. UO assist is an embarrassment and with other free programs available but illegal to use. Can we get some EC features in the CC? If they would have continued with the high res artwork maybe then they could have phased out EC like they did with third dawn...................
They said they can't do bupkis with the CC anymore... no upgrading it.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Sadly while you guys are throwing things around in the bag of a public corpse this causes the EC auto sort to spasm and die.... also causing a crash... so I don't have the auto sort turned on at events since it's too annoying.
This is actually a Pinco UI issue, not an EC issue.
Using the default UI, opening a body or a chest with lots of items doesn't cause any lag or crash. But since Pinco's do a lot of calculations and do the sorting process, it hangs the EC for a good few seconds till it is finished processing all the items in the container. And if this takes long enough, it can cause a crash.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how the non-power gamer would ever get a legendary or one they could even use. Hopefully they address loot in the upcoming pubs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is actually a Pinco UI issue, not an EC issue.
Using the default UI, opening a body or a chest with lots of items doesn't cause any lag or crash. But since Pinco's do a lot of calculations and do the sorting process, it hangs the EC for a good few seconds till it is finished processing all the items in the container. And if this takes long enough, it can cause a crash.
Never was a problem until they redid the base EC UI. Prior to the change I could open and loot any corpse no matter how many items or other players were viewing them and loot very quickly and easily. .. after the update I can no longer loot a public corpse without completely turning off all benefits of the client. Making looting more of a chore and honestly makes me wonder why I bother even doing most of the events or spawns... and if you have to play with everything turned off or down then why bother?
While some may keep all the stats and possible combinations of all the 100's of
Things that can be on every weapon, jewel and piece of armor that make it useful or desirable most players find it far too complex and having Pincos help by simply sorting what is or isn't potentially a relic worthy item certainly extremely helpful.
What's insane is that opening anything else including your own bank box holding as much as 175 items as well as opening any treasure chests does NOT crash the client or cause lag. Only public boss corpses. Mostly at EM events.
So I don't buy the argument that it is all on Pincos use. Besides which I've still had the issue when using the base EC without Pincos. .. as well dying in the EC still takes much longer than it should. It can take more than a minute to actually be able to move or do anything in the game waiting to die....
There are some serious memory leaks that need to be addressed. As I said none of these issues were there prior to the update of the base UI.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
While some may keep all the stats and possible combinations of all the 100's of Things that can be on every weapon, jewel and piece of armor that make it useful or desirable most players find it far too complex and having Pincos help by simply sorting what is or isn't potentially a relic worthy item certainly extremely helpful.
The function that does that on Pinco's UI has 348 lines of code and 8 for loops, with tons of math functions being called. That is a pretty heavy function that is called once for every item in the container, while the default UI doesn't call any function like this. So, this is causing severe lag when you open a corpse.
The container code in the default UI has 49 for loops, while there are 77 for loops on Pinco's UI.

There are several problems and memory leaks with the Default UI, but this isn't one of them and not one the developers can fix, since the source of the lag and the crash is a third party extension.

Edit:
Anyhow, another spot that drops legendary artifacts is Andros at Tram Despise.
He and his wisps doesn't drop them as often, but you ought to get something decent there.
I fished this one from a wisp there last night:

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The function that does that on Pinco's UI has 348 lines of code and 8 for loops, with tons of math functions being called. That is a pretty heavy function that is called once for every item in the container, while the default UI doesn't call any function like this. So, this is causing severe lag when you open a corpse.
The container code in the default UI has 49 for loops, while there are 77 for loops on Pinco's UI.

There are several problems and memory leaks with the Default UI, but this isn't one of them and not one the developers can fix, since the source of the lag and the crash is a third party extension.

Edit:
Anyhow, another spot that drops legendary artifacts is Andros at Tram Despise.
He and his wisps doesn't drop them as often, but you ought to get something decent there.
I fished this one from a wisp there last night:

Does not matter if I use the Default UI or Pinco's anytime I open a public "Boss" corpse I crash... It will spend ages doing nothing at all won't even open then... once it does finally open then I can't touch anything at all nor can I even get anything if I hover my cursor over the item... and if I try to pick up anything then it will crash. EVERY time. Most smaller mob corpses work fine and I can loot them just fine in Pincos or in the Default UI but the big bosses with 100's of items FAR more than the 125 limit of packs... will do this in either which to me kinda defeats half the purpose of killing things in the first place.

What's even more annoying is that I can play tons of things on my computer and it has FAR more ram and everything than I could possibly ever use... yet UO lags out and crashes opening a corpse.

I can play Diablo on High Graphics and everything with 4 other players doing tons of graphically intense things and have no problem at all....