• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Can antique jewels actually be powdered? (bug?)

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can they be powdered up to 250, 200, 150 like the patch notes originally said? Anytime I have tried it doesn't work. Has anyone successfully done this? Is it not working like it was intended?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jewelry can't be powdered.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no jewelry can be powdered at all, antique or not. its been like this since we first saw jewels with durability (first ones were in SA as arties, then a few more in high seas)

it was asked about at the last meet and greet and bleaks answer was that yes, this is how its intended for jewels.

virem

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no jewelry can be powdered at all, antique or not. its been like this since we first saw jewels with durability (first ones were in SA as arties, then a few more in high seas)
Right... so the question I guess is... Is that still intended?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right... so the question I guess is... Is that still intended?
According to the transcript from the last meet & greet it is working as intended... EDIT:
Omegaman: Hi
Mesanna - Greetings...no more in line guys. How can we help you Omegaman
Omegaman: My antique jewelry loses durability when be affected by bard mastery songs even when I'm not taking damage the items will go all the way to 0/255 but will not lose durability after reaching 0 IE 0/254. Is this durability lose supposed to happen from bard songs?
Bleak - Yes
Omegaman: oh and can you use powder of fort on antique jewels or are they different too?
Bleak - You cannot powder jewelry period
Omegaman: so antique is like seriously bad. Do you have that information somewhere on a website?
Bleak - You get higher intensity items, it's a trade-off.
Kyronix - There is a page you can check
Omegaman: Im sorry I was told jewelry was no different than anything else so it's just a new is all.
Kyronix - It's on UO.com in the Wiki search for "Random Loot Generator" At the bottom of the page there is an explanation of how it works. Random Loot Generator – Ultima Online
Omegaman: But antique armor is different, and weaps. Jewelry has no powder, that's a discription for antique in your guides. 3 powders. Is there a place that so monster loot tables?
Kyronix - No, that information isn't available
Omegaman: anyhow why does my antique jewelry lose durability to a bard song? Is that intended? A trade off?
Mesanna - yes as intended. it's good to not have a song running when it's not needed. Anything else?
Omegaman: why antique and nothing else what's the special reason?
Mesanna - I thought Bleak answered that question, you get higher intensity items.

So basically it's not worth investing the time into farming for "clean" major/legendary jewels, They only last about 30% longer than antiques but drop about ~0.01% of the time and still cannot be powdered, inconsistencies should be treated as bugs and fixed!

It's not easy to get any clean legendary let alone a specific piece with the right properties it's hard to get them even with negatives sometimes.
Why would clean jewelry be different then Armor and/or Weapons in this respect? Higher intensities... if they mean item weight based on properties, armor & weapons can have the same amount of weight as jewelry can... It makes absolutely no sense, but weapons & armor can be powdered.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@CovenantX

id have to disagree about how much longer clean jewels last compared to antiques. i get about 2 hours of pvm content out of an antique. a regular imbued jewel, or a "clean" jewel (same thing) lasts under the same conditions lasts about 20 hours.

another comparison is that ive used the same (imbued) jewels without repair on event characters for 2 years without repair (about 30 to 40 events total), while antiques i have repair them on average every 3-4 events

so in my experience clean or imbued jewels last on average 10 times longer, which would be 1,000 percent.

in essence, clean jewels last forever. i replaced my high end sampire imbued jewel when it went out of date. i farmed with this for over a year of daily play, and periodic play a year or so after that. it was only in the 240s max durability. no way could i get close to that lifespan on an antique.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@CovenantX

id have to disagree about how much longer clean jewels last compared to antiques. i get about 2 hours of pvm content out of an antique. a regular imbued jewel, or a "clean" jewel (same thing) lasts under the same conditions lasts about 20 hours.
Ahh yes, I was thinking more about pvp wise, I'm sure if you do spawns or just farm mobs with antiques they will drop much faster.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well first off, since I believe one cannot powder items after they have been imbued, wouldn't that right there make jewelry unable to be powdered in the first place? I could be wrong as and jewerly I find if already at 255.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh yes, I was thinking more about pvp wise, I'm sure if you do spawns or just farm mobs with antiques they will drop much faster.
the percentages would be the same, doesnt matter if its pvp or pvm. just the actual times would be different of course. i totally agree with you, its not really "worth" actually trying to find clean legendary jewels, but imo its definitely worth using a major, or even lesser artifact "clean" jewel if your suit / template can sustain it. the most extreme plus skill temps of course will require legendaries.

i do think antique jewels was a great idea, just for the fact of how it effects the economy. if you spend 500m on a jewel and use it down to 240, your not going to be getting close to that 500m back for resale. more like 200m. (not going to get into math, but obviously the first 15 dura is expodentially more valueable than the last 15 dura) thats a significant boost to gold thats continually being pumped into the economy, because that "value" is lost forever, to be replaced with newly spawned items.

its not perfect, but does create a scenerio where items while maybe not having to be replaced, lose enough value to account for newly spawned items and keep demand for new items at a sustainable level.