• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do you think Ocllo needs a Moongate? Vote Now!

Do you think Ocllo needs a Moongate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I'm confused. VVV doesn't prevent you from recalling out, only into an active city.

So you wouldn't have been able to use a gate or recall since you were flagged to something.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i didn't vote in your poll because there is no option that expresses my view.

whenever i log into a town engaged in VvV i get a gump asking if i want to be teleported to the nearest moongate. why wouldn't you select that option?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I see no reason not to have one but this would be for convenience and nothing to do with what the original poster is claiming.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or maybe mark a rune outside of city limits, but on the island. It's rocket science I tell ya...la

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember when factions was on Test Center, the initial version did not allow you to travel through moongates with a sigil. That few times we had to use a boat to reach Magencia was cool.

Of course this got removed before the live version :(

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i almost forgot to mention ... has anyone noticed that the Nujelm moongate doesn't appear on the list of selectable moongates? the point is, if a moongate is added to Ocllo and done in the same manner as Nujelm, it would be a one way trip off the island and the moongate would be at the point furthest away from town.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I voted yes because I am in favor of easier travel.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote yes because its easy to trap the drop at the bank when going there for VvV using a portal.

Yes I should mark a rune to a different location and use that but I guess I'm lazy.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I remember when factions was on Test Center, the initial version did not allow you to travel through moongates with a sigil. That few times we had to use a boat to reach Magencia was cool.

Of course this got removed before the live version :(
I remember this.

Nothing like killing 10 minutes on a boat with people chasing you.

Looking back it is funny but no way would I have wanted it to be permanent.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay I stupidly thought all this time that Ocllo had a moongate. I discovered ,after getting stuck there due to VvV battle (no recall/gate/sacred journey during battle), it does not. So I'm thinking maybe it's needs one now.
So I decided to take a poll.
I am really unsure how you got stuck Jirel. i just tested this. you can go to Ocllo with the portal when VvV is on.you can leave via the gump if you aren't VvV, and it takes you to Magincia Moongate. if you are VvV you just take a step out of town and SJ Recall or gate home.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really unsure how you got stuck Jirel. i just tested this. you can go to Ocllo with the portal when VvV is on.you can leave via the gump if you aren't VvV, and it takes you to Magincia Moongate. if you are VvV you just take a step out of town and SJ Recall or gate home.
I was on my thief who is VvV. :( It wouldn't let me recall. I didn't know if you ran out of town you could recall. (DOH).

Really thought it'd be great to add a moongate there, and Serp's hold since it don't have one. Buc's Den tram doesn't have one either.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was on my thief who is VvV. :( It wouldn't let me recall. I didn't know if you ran out of town you could recall. (DOH).

Really thought it'd be great to add a moongate there, and Serp's hold since it don't have one. Buc's Den tram doesn't have one either.
I really do not care one way or another about a gate there, but i do prefer that the towns that have been hard to access stay that way for nostalgia,if for no other reason.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really do not care one way or another about a gate there, but i do prefer that the towns that have been hard to access stay that way for nostalgia,if for no other reason.
I would vote no to any change, just because of the evidence we have of the last changes. For instance:
New Magincia-destroyed and turned into a trailer park (instead of us rebuilding it like we were told)
New Haven - I don't have the words...
Half finished, or finished with the wrong floor plan, Brit banks...almost any shard.

Please dont make anymore world changes, please.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember reading a few years back that one of the more challenging situations you might encounter on Siege would be becoming stranded (possibly for days or even weeks, in the days before General Chat) on Occlo with a freshly-created paladin character.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no reason to put one there, can recall in or take boat real fast from magencia. just a waste of devs time

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I remember reading a few years back that one of the more challenging situations you might encounter on Siege would be becoming stranded (possibly for days or even weeks, in the days before General Chat) on Occlo with a freshly-created paladin character.
I've not bothered to look, but is the help stuck not an option on Siege?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Since the original post was deleted and the thread is taking a negative turn, there is no reason to keep this open.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.