• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA - Origin - Endless PC gaming

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
After buying and shutting down Gamestorm 15 years ago they decide maybe Gamestorm had a good idea.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Now they are calling it "Endless PC Gaming - $4.99/mo" - "Origin access"
Kinda like a Steam thing for the EA PC games that they put into "The Vault'.

Is a monthly subscription to games they designate in the Vault... basically download and play any game so long as you pay $5/mo

Only things that interest me are Sim City (for the older versions will not play on my PC anymore) & (maybe) DragonAge...

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its a great service, but its also not new as this has been available on Xbox One with EA Access. Good to see them bringing it over to PC. I have heard nothing but good things.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Is a monthly subscription to games they designate in the Vault... basically download and play any game so long as you pay $5/mo

Only things that interest me are Sim City (for the older versions will not play on my PC anymore) & (maybe) DragonAge...
Haven't thought of Sim City in a while. But I'd just buy the games I wanted and be done with it, don't like the $5 a month idea for any of these games.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Check out www.greatoldgames they have 1000's of old game titles all drm free ( including sim city) and they dont charge a monthly fee ( there is a monthly free option available though.) I have picked up balders gate 1 and 2 ...lands of lore 1,2,3 Ultima underworld 1,2 they cost between 5.99-9.99 each. They often package up a bunch and sell them at a huge discount. Best part they are all tested and modified to run on the new laptops....I have a fully blown lenovo running windows 10...and they install in about 1-2 mins and run seamlessly and you dont need an internet connection to play.

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Check out www.greatoldgames they have 1000's of old game titles all drm free ( including sim city) and they dont charge a monthly fee ( there is a monthly free option available though.) I have picked up balders gate 1 and 2 ...lands of lore 1,2,3 Ultima underworld 1,2 they cost between 5.99-9.99 each. They often package up a bunch and sell them at a huge discount. Best part they are all tested and modified to run on the new laptops....I have a fully blown lenovo running windows 10...and they install in about 1-2 mins and run seamlessly and you dont need an internet connection to play.
Timberwolf, are you referring to GOG, or to a different site called www.greatoldgames.tripod.com?

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to buy the king collection. (for my crafter so she can craft certain stuff)

But i can't seem to find it in the shop...
If anyone can help me with this...would greatly appreciate it.

Would be great if EA gave a discount if you buy several products/theme packs

-Mina-

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should do a trial run of UO on there. If they put UO on Origin Endless PC Gaming, it might start to make more money every month than it does now. A lot of people over the past several years have scoffed at UO's monthly price tag. I'm a die-hard fanboy but that's one of the few things I can't really defend. I still have fun playing UO but if we could all just admit (you, me, Broadsword, EA) that our old hobby is a bargain bin category game in all but price, UO might get more dollars thrown at it. It's a nearly twenty-year-old game lol (crazy, EA). I repurchased all of the Ultima games through GOG (even Savage Empire and Martian Dreams), all of those were a few bucks. Even for newer games, sometimes Steam will do a 75%-off sale and make some poor indie studio rich overnight. Talk your overlords into this @Mesanna @Kyronix and I'll make forum accounts at every big freeshard and "casually" mention the Real Deal's new lower price tag. :wink:

And don't tell me it wouldn't bring anyone back, there's only one place where you can get every expansion and all up-to-date content.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should do a trial run of UO on there. If they put UO on Origin Endless PC Gaming, it might start to make more money every month than it does now. A lot of people over the past several years have scoffed at UO's monthly price tag. I'm a die-hard fanboy but that's one of the few things I can't really defend. I still have fun playing UO but if we could all just admit (you, me, Broadsword, EA) that our old hobby is a bargain bin category game in all but price, UO might get more dollars thrown at it. It's a nearly twenty-year-old game lol (crazy, EA). I repurchased all of the Ultima games through GOG (even Savage Empire and Martian Dreams), all of those were a few bucks. Even for newer games, sometimes Steam will do a 75%-off sale and make some poor indie studio rich overnight. Talk your overlords into this @Mesanna @Kyronix and I'll make forum accounts at every big freeshard and "casually" mention the Real Deal's new lower price tag. :wink:

And don't tell me it wouldn't bring anyone back, there's only one place where you can get every expansion and all up-to-date content.
We do need something like steam.
I have to admitt i've bought some discount games on steam.
Cause who could resist? A game for less then 10euro.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heck I don't even think it's asking them to cowtow to Steam's strategy. It's just, you know, common sense store organization. You have bargain bins, front-and-center racks, and everything else. You've got to know what belongs where, or you won't sell some things that you could have otherwise sold. UO is not in the bargain bin, where most customers today couldn't be faulted for looking for it. This isn't UO's only problem, but for all we know it might be one of its biggest.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Any? No... Just the ones from the vault, which currently has measly 15 games in total...
yes, you're right... altho EA says they will be "adding more games' - more likely, as they become "dead games"

wonder if UO will get put there...

meh.. sorry, feeling cynical.