• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ultima Online's 2016 Winter Classic PvP Tournament

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO 2016 Winter Classic PvP Tournament
An all inclusive game wide event

Saturday, January 16th 9 PM Eastern / 6 PM Pacific on the Atlantic Shard
(Gates provided at Luna/Yew Gate 30 min prior to event start)

Ultima Online's 2016 Winter Classic PvP Tournament
View topic - Ultima Online's 2016 Winter Classic PvP Tournament

Tournament Rules – 1v1 – Mage vs Mage

- This section of the tournament will be mage vs mage with the sub skills of your choosing.​
  • (IE Nox Mage, Scribe/ Stun mage, Tank Mage, Mystic Mage, Necro Mage).
  • Chivalry is banned. No infectious strike.
- Each competitor at the time of his or her turn will be provided a suit to wear.
  • Suit Stats are as follows:
All 70’s resists, 100 LRC, 40LMC, 29 SDI, 9MR, 4HPR, 16 MI, 10HPI, 10 Int 2/6 casting.

Tank Mages will have an SC weapon of their choosing made for them to use alongside the suit.

Weapons come with 40% DMG Inc, 100% physical damage​

- Weapon Specials, Contact disruption allowed.

- No Pots, No Pets, No Consumables, No Buffs.​
  • (Use of any of the above items is grounds for immediate disqualification).​
  • Single elimination or best of 3. Will be determined based on the amount of participants we have registered.​
Tournament Rules – 2v2 Template vs Template

- Your choice of gear, Your choice of template.​
  • No pets. No summons. No Chivalry.
  • Single elimination or best of 3. Will be determined based on the amount of participants we have registered.
Registration

- Competitors ARE allowed to compete in both categories if they so choose.

- All Competitors who will be competing in the respective categories are asked to post within this thread, as well as ICQ/email Soviet or Zuckuss so that you can be registered for the event.​
  • ICQ - 619003242 (Soviet)
  • ICQ - 37533374 (Zuckuss)
The Tournament Grounds (In House PvP Field)

All Competitors must abide by these following rules at all times within the Tournament Grounds.

- No attacking current players dueling (This includes any and all spells, items, ward removal, or any other form of manipulation).*
  • Competitors MAY NOT bring anything in their backpack into the tournament grounds, other than what your character is wearing.
(Remove ANY Talismans, Weapons and consumables from your character)​
  • All Competitors subject to ‘snoop’ prior to and during the event.
- No attacking Competitors within the Tournament Grounds waiting for their round.
  • All players during the current round and throughout the tournament are asked to stand in their positions and be respectful of the current duel/transition period into the next round without interference (refer above)*
INNABILITY TO ABIDE BY TOURNAMENT GROUND RULES WILL RESULT IN SWIFT REMOVAL AND DISQUALIFICATION.

Spectators/VIP Seating

- There are a total of 18 VIP seats available for this tournament.

- VIP Seats are priced at 25 Million per seat.
  • These seats give you the greatest visual interaction with the tournament.
  • You will be able to see all spells casted, and all chat.
  • Funds will be rolled over into future tournaments (this is your way to contribute to this cause).
All VIP Spectators must abide by these following rules at all times within

VIP Seating. ICQ – 619003242 or 37533374 To Reserve Seats

- No attacking ANYONE seated in VIP or within tournament grounds (This includes any and all spells, items, ward removal, or any other form of manipulation).*
  • Spectators MAY NOT bring anything in their backpack into the VIP seating, other than what your character is wearing.
(Do not bring ANY Talismans, Weapons, or Consumables on your character)​
  • All Spectators subject to ‘snoop’ prior to event start and continuously during the event. No entry for any VIPs attempting to bring in weapons, talisman, potions, bandages petals, apples or any items that cause negative or beneficiary actions to players.
- There will be a free standing room only area available on the second floor, safe within the house. This area is completely walled in and cannot see spell casting.

THESE RULES ARE PUT IN PLACE TO ELIMINATE CHEATING, INTERFERENCE AND TO ENSURE A FAIR TOURNAMENT FOR ALL PARTICPANTS. THE INNABILITY TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN SWIFT REMOVAL FROM THE EVENT. THIS INCLUDES VIP SEATING. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN.

Prizes (for both Categories):

- 1st: 700 million gold

- 2nd: 300 million gold

Last edited:

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Guys,

2v2 is OPEN CATEGORY, meaning you can use any gimp template you wana except chiv.

Other than no pets no summons, you CAN USE POTS, use ANY consumables ALL YOU WANT.

1v1 Mage is for purist enthusiasts.

Feel free to join both

SEE YOU THERE.

And Mike D, Soviet made chess boards specially for you, and the arena is wheelchair accessible as you've requested vocally.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have featured your tournament on the front page of UOGuide. I also think I will add a some event section above the Britannia Date that will list it every time someone visits UOGuide.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
WE ENCOURAGE PVPERS OF WANABE PVPERS OF ALL SKILLS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PVP TOURNEY.

There's only honor in participation, even in dying not just winning; but not in trolling or biatching.

Come watch, for fun, drink beer and eat some chips take it as a sat night UO pvp movie, see the pvp gods of Atlantic!

Last edited:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tournament Update:

Moongates will be provided at both Luna Bank as well as Yew gate Felucca to the PvP arena.

The winners' names will be engraved on a statue and locked down at Blackthorn's Castle for all of the public to see on the Atlantic Shard for this historical event.

Special thanks to PEC Wraith.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember, this event is inclusive to all, from beginner to master. Interested in getting into PvP, improving your skills and learning new ones? This is the time and the place.

Or perhaps you are a veteran interested in coming back to UO to show off your classic mage skills in this unique dueling style.

Two categories to suit two different gameplay styles.

The mage purist and the all out "temp vs. temp" two vs. two match.

Entry to this tournament is free and the benefits are significant.

"Bye round" preference will go to the contestants who sign up the earliest.
Players CAN sign up for both categories.
Please make sure you understand the rules. Let us know if you have any questions.

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
2 DAYS BEFORE TOURNAMENT START
A few things I would like to address....

1. IF you are a Tank Mage competing in the 1v1 portion of this tournament, is is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to contact me (see icq above) to have a weapon made and ready for you on the day of
    1. THERE WILL BE NO WEAPONS ON HAND
  • Get ready...

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far, those who have solidly signed up for the 1v1 are:

AEYKO
Sensu
Arnold
Pantera
Sneaky Mike
Kasimir
Chris

we have another 10+ who are waiting and seeing and could sign up at the last minute.

for the 2v2 we have had three solid teams sign up:

Team 1: 'Gods of InfernO' - Chad & Blazing Inferno
Team 2: 'Pre AOS' - Sneaky Mike & Wrath
Team 3: 'Name Pending' - Boadisafa & Carter

So far three additional teams have expressed interest but are also waiting before they sign up.

If anyone is interested in participating in this for a free chance at some awesome prizes, ICQ Soviet or myself or post within this thread.

Last edited:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tentative schedules (subject to change as more register or drop out).

One vs one. Round Robin (Everyone fights each other once, top two records will face for championship).
Total of 28 matches. Whether or not it's one and done or best of three will be determined shortly before the tourney begins.
Eight participants.

Aeyko
Sensu
Arnold
Paith
Boadi
Puremage
Josh
Sir Guile

Two vs two. Round Robin (Everyone fights each other once, top two records will face for championship).
Total of 15 matches. Bo3 or single will be determined shortly before the tourney.
Six Teams.

Chaz/Blaze
Arnold/Virem
Boadi/Carter
Moose/Ellis
Bane/Genesis
Sensu/MikeD

Get ready for a solid evening of PvP

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the two v two, I would like to sign up me and Lynk. However, we can't make it to the event until 11 p.m. Ct..

TooFastForYew

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had almost 2 weeks to organise this, you still failed miserably. Awful event. If JDGTR paid you which he probably didn't he's a moron.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for making this the most successful tourney in years!

Props to Sensu for taking second place,

And Boadi, took home the gold. Congrats sir.

Also I want to note that all prize money for this tourney was provided by Orion aka Soviet Hammer.
The 700m top prize and 300m second place wouldn't have been possible without him.

Good job by all. Thank you for coming. Yes there were some hiccups.

We went with round robin because we had started with a limited number of participants. The rest of yall registered at the very end.

Had this been done in brackets, it would have only take like 30 minutes. I figured we would go with the way that allowed the most fighting. To me, 3 hours is better than 30 minutes when 700mill top prize is on the line.

We did learn quite a bit from this and other formats will be explored in the future.
Your constructive feedback is appreciated as we want to make these things the best they can be.

If you do not like these tournaments @TooFastForYew , and would rather go back to playing grab ass at Yew gate, go right ahead.

The proof is in the pudding that we are at least on to something.

The Two v, two will resume tomorrow at 9pm. Should go fairly quick. No suits to hand out. Hopefully less drama.

Thank you guys for your patience with this and allowing us to opportunity to show what we can do, and to show that we can improve.

Good night folks.

TooFastForYew

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was terribly organised, I love tournaments its just when you make them terrible its pointless lol

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sorry I was traveling over this friend.

Well done and thank you to all that participated.

Are you running this next month?

I will kick in 1 Platinum if you do towards the prize money

This should be a regular thing

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
JD / AntiChrist Tournament Update

First of all I'd like to say that JD / Anti Christ is a man of his word. Although he didn't have the gold during the tournament days for the prize money. He logged on this morning and reimbursed me the 2 bil for the prize money.

I'd like to clear up this right now because it is important to me, he is your finance minister and has made good on his promise to put up the 2B prize money for this tournament. (I understand work gets busy, and that is why he couldn't make it on time)

Thanks JD for coming through

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
JD / AntiChrist Tournament Update

First of all I'd like to say that JD / Anti Christ is a man of his word. Although he didn't have the gold during the tournament days for the prize money. He logged on this morning and reimbursed me the 2 bil for the prize money.

I'd like to clear up this right now because it is important to me, he is your finance minister and has made good on his promise to put up the 2B prize money for this tournament. (I understand work gets busy, and that is why he couldn't make it on time)

Thanks JD for coming through
Hopefully this is a sign he is turning a new leaf, I commend him for this, but await the day he pays off his debt to me.

I enjoyed the tournament from a purely non-pvper perspective that has brokered many duels that nearly all end in some level of cry baby fashion.

I believe this event if done regularly could be streamlined into a more cohesive and collaborative effort with even more satisfying results.

Congrats to all the hosts and participates.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hopefully this is a sign he is turning a new leaf, I commend him for this, but await the day he pays off his debt to me.
Wow he still hasnt paid you? Yet he put up 2b for a pvp tournament?

Grats to the pvpers I guess....

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Sorry I was traveling over this friend.

Well done and thank you to all that participated.

Are you running this next month?

I will kick in 1 Platinum if you do towards the prize money

This should be a regular thing
Thank you!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Nails, for me to pay you, you'd need to go public on accounts statement, show me your math.

I'm not convinced atm. But I do acknowledge that I owe you.

Thanks.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OMG!!! Captain you didn't mention me when I'm the SPONSOR THE Money!!!!
Yeah, but there is a difference between supplying the gold and being the one running it. I personally saw them run it when I was there, so I thanked them for running the event that I enjoyed. I am also appreciative that you supplied the gold for it, but since you were not at the actual tournament I could not thank you for running it in that post. :grouphug:

Thank you for supplying the prize gold JD :)

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, but there is a difference between supplying the gold and being the one running it. I personally saw them run it when I was there, so I thanked them for running the event that I enjoyed. I am also appreciative that you supplied the gold for it, but since you were not at the actual tournament I could not thank you for running it in that post. :grouphug:

Thank you for supplying the prize gold JD :)
And the INITIATIVE, the IDEA, the HEART!!!!!

LOL, don't worry, I ain't sucker for kisses.

Thank you CAPTAIN, you're a welcomed addition to the Sponsors Cat. TYVM. Bow!