• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Hiring 6 new Event Moderators

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone, We have 6 openings on the EM team, three (3) on Japanese shards and three (3) on US shards. If you would like to apply for an Event Moderator position please send an email to [email protected] with a write up of an event you would like to run, including what type of reward you feel is correct for the event. I will need you to give your account names and what shards you play on. Please understand you can not EM on a shard you play. Thank you in advance for your interest in the team and I look […]

Continue reading...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Greetings everyone, We have 6 openings on the EM team, three (3) on Japanese shards and three (3) on US shards. If you would like to apply for an Event Moderator position please send an email to [email protected] with a write up of an event you would like to run, including what type of reward you feel is correct for the event. I will need you to give your account names and what shards you play on. Please understand you can not EM on a shard you play. Thank you in advance for your interest in the team and I look […]

Continue reading...
Pretty great opportunity! Thanks for putting this out there.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They made exceptions for Siege, in part because new EMs from other shards found Siege a little rough around the edges.
Ahhhh. What a bunch of *******, lol. Rough around the edges? So what if I killed Sunsword on one of his visits to the shard (band aid stealing thief with a deadly poisoned dagger ftw)...la

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Always been a rule....very loosely enforced on all shards.....It is one of the things that need to change.

Scribbles....not all of them were fired...some were allowed to resign.
Oh Jeebus, what happened now?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or ... 6 EMs are currently retiring/resigning. Life changes, priorities change. I have alot of respect of the EMs. It's a tough situation when you put alot of work into a story and 50% plus of the people there are only interested in RL profit
including all the other EM's that are there........

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Timberwolf: The king of conspiracy theories and false information

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or ... 6 EMs are currently retiring/resigning. Life changes, priorities change. I have alot of respect of the EMs. It's a tough situation when you put alot of work into a story and 50% plus of the people there are only interested in RL profit
Ems that retire get a party... i saw no parties and i watch for parties because i love cake. :)

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Barnaby on Catskills left the program in October: Not a Goodbye : Catskills
EM Requiem also left in October, he was ATL's third EM.

Both spots are yet to be filled so thats 2 from the US side (Unless they dont plan to replace the third ATL EM)

On the Asian side I am not really sure. Possibly Balhae? (Takako said during the last event there that he would no longer cover it)

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ems that retire get a party... i saw no parties and i watch for parties because i love cake. :)
I have no idea, Im not exactly an "insider" I "retired" from attending EM events a while ago, and see no reason to start again, unless of course we get a goblin EM.

*Starts campaign for a goblin EM*

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I figure the EMs just found more rewarding things to do with their time. Catering to a handful of folks while dealing with the ass wagons has to be tiring.
It's why I rarely engage in these events

To much stupid drama and disrespectful people to enjoy myself or take the kids

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
:facepalm:

Before this gets out of hand, let's NOT devolve into accusations, allegations, conspiracy theories, wild speculation, pot stirring, tea leaf reading, divination, or any other general nonsense. Literally all they said was they are looking to hire 6 new EMs. I hope they get some good, creative candidates!

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[SARCASM]. Our EMs are sooo awesome! They'd never do anything wrong! Everybody loves them and we're soo lucky to have such good and honest EMs. [/SARCASM] I'm going to go barf now.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*sends for another shipment of corn from Skara Brae*

Come on we need to make more pop corn it's selling like crazy

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must agree with a few of the posters.. Your jumping the gun as to why 6 new EM's are needed. Considering 3 are for the Asian shards its been a good long while sense one was needed... so its not hard to imagine that 3 left for normal reasons not involving UO.
As for the English end.... turn over is normal. Life is not static. Jobs change... life moves on. UO is not the priority.

Now if you are a creative sort and think you can handle the time required to plan, stage, and run an event in all its complex parts Please send in and try. All the EM's I have had the pleasure to know have been great fun and friendly. They loved the game enough to give of their time for others enjoyment. I do have a small caveat to add.. this is a paying job... You will be signing into a job. So if like me your on SSI this might not be for you. If I remember from a while back its for around 20 hours work a month (I think it per month, I may be off*disclaimer*) hehe

Now I was talking to our Advisor and gleamed the advisor program will always be needing more volunteer's So if you cant quite fill in the EM spots why not try for Advisor? Send your name in to mesanna and see if she has room!

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Good stuff my old friend

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
They made exceptions for Siege, in part because new EMs from other shards found Siege a little rough around the edges.
They did that for counselors too in the past, because the shard are so different. However we was not allowed to anyone who we was.

I really believe an EM have to play Siege to handle the different kind of playstyle on the shard. A perfect Siege event should allow some levels of PvP and not so insane hard monster spawn.
I know it's a risk that an EM, who also play Siege could give advantage to some players/guilds but still better than have a EM, who don't understand the community. At least, if a Siege EM must come from Prodo shards, he/she will need to be a PvP player, who both play Felucca and do VvV.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As an old Counselor.. I will say the reason is very obvious ..
If you worked your own shard its way too easy for a rival guild or player who didn't take a fancy to you to cry wolf... meaning to claim your abusing your powers... and it has been done to the new advisors only to find out it was just that .... a cry of wolf and finding no wolf ...but a player who wanted more attention. siege is a different environment ...and I do encourage the play of it to get to know exactly what your getting into.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, the EM's are not supposed to let others know who their player characters are. So any guild that complains that they are being unfairly treated are only making it up, or they somehow found out who the EM really is.

In my short time as EM on Siege, nobody knew it was me. How do I know? I never told a soul...la

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing is, the EM's are not supposed to let others know who their player characters are. So any guild that complains that they are being unfairly treated are only making it up, or they somehow found out who the EM really is.

In my short time as EM on Siege, nobody knew it was me. How do I know? I never told a soul...la
What suppose to happen and what actually happens are 2 different things.....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who EM's are...Especially for anyone playing a while. and people let things slip and make mistakes....I would suggest that a significant numbers of past and recent EM's are well known.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What suppose to happen and what actually happens are 2 different things.....it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out who EM's are...Especially for anyone playing a while. and people let things slip and make mistakes....I would suggest that a significant numbers of past and recent EM's are well known.
Well they have to be. You can't have such a love for the game as to apply to be an EM and not be well known. It's just a fact. And those that tend to have a deep knowledge of the game etc... are usually very passionate about UO. Would be hard to not be and still be an EM.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Well they have to be. You can't have such a love for the game as to apply to be an EM and not be well known. It's just a fact. And those that tend to have a deep knowledge of the game etc... are usually very passionate about UO. Would be hard to not be and still be an EM.
As long they are a respected part of the community, I don't believe it a big problem, if someone should guess who they are as long they can't prove it. I also believe most would be careful not to give any advantage to their friends and guild members.

I had no idea, you was ever was an EM, and have no idea who you was and don't want to know :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If I had time, I'd apply, but time is on the short side these days.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Continue reading...

Is there any job description available? i.e. time requirements, pay scale, etc?