• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Code from UO Store doesn't work

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been so long since I've ordered. What is the right sequence for entering the code? I thought it was 6/5/5/5/ obviously wrong....ty for your help!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought they fixed it and you just enter them as normal now?

What code are you trying to use.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
they did indeed fix the codes so that they no longer needed to be reformatted.

but the last code i tried to apply to an account failed. i bought a housing/bank upgrade and it wouldn't work on the account because apparently there was a 2007 storage upgrade already on the account. i haven't a clue what this 2007 upgrade was but it is supposedly the same as the newer housing/bank upgrade.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ingame promotional code function doesn't read dashes at all, they are only there for your own convenience. So as long as the entire code fit in the box dashes or no dashes, it should work, if it doesn't i would think that there is something else wrong with the code and to contact either origin or uo costumer service.

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ingame promotional code function doesn't read dashes at all, they are only there for your own convenience. So as long as the entire code fit in the box dashes or no dashes, it should work, if it doesn't i would think that there is something else wrong with the code and to contact either origin or uo costumer service.
it'a a stygian abyss upgrade and nothing listed here works...with or without dashes, etc...gonna page a gm and we all know how that usually goes...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
it'a a stygian abyss upgrade and nothing listed here works...with or without dashes, etc...gonna page a gm and we all know how that usually goes...
There is 2 codes, one for upgrade of accounts and on to make a new account with 1 month playtime included.

Only the cheapest one is for upgrade of old accounts

Last edited:

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also unrelated to promotional code, stygian abyss codes go on account management.

And as Freja say, you cannot apply a new account code to an existing account if you accidentally bought the wrong one.

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know what I bought and it's the right one. Been waiting 2 hours for these yo-yo's now....i see somethings never change....

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know what I bought and it's the right one. Been waiting 2 hours for these yo-yo's now....i see somethings never change....
looks like I'M the yo-yo....just applied the new code to account management and it worked. That still doesn't excuse being ignored for 2 hours. Tx again for the help!

Norman Bates

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's all good now, I was trying to place it as a promo code, not on the account mgt. page where it goes. As a post-script the GM [that I paged 6 hours ago] finally showed, and was indeed very nice & helpful. Better late than never:]