• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update the thief skill in pvp

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so I was thinking, and yes it hurt a bit..

What would be a good way to update thieves in pvp, obviously no one wants to lose their shinies anymore. So how could we update the thief class and make it fun or even worth playing.

Ok now stealing is such a hardened criminal term..but how to make stealing a thing again? Also thinking the Booster pack should be called.."Rise of the Dastardly"...anywho!!

Ideas for stealing..
All cursed items are now equivalent to 1 stone..
All armor, weapons, etc that are not insured are equal to their actual weights still.
Remove the you cannot steal this when selecting a stack of potions if it's too heavy. Steal what you can!
Revamp the skill>stones chart to be a bit better.
-------
You may not take items that weigh more then your skill level divided by 10, nor items that are Blessed or Insured. Attempting to steal directly from another player (as opposed to Snooping them first and selecting a specific item) will result in a random item being chosen, which may weigh too much or be Blessed/Insured (resulting in automatic failure).
-------
Remove this to say divided by 5 with a check of what can't be stolen and have omitted(depending on snooping skill) so if you have 0 snooping 0% of items not steal able will be omitted. Whereas if you have 100 snooping 100% of items that cannot be stolen are omitted.
----------
Perma grey- Once known as perma grey your karma is locked negatively and you can be flagged and killed in any facet without any ability for retribution.
New command.
"What is my criminal status"

"Ideas of how to implement this or gain negative karma towards this"
------------

Masteries-
Passive- 10% increase of successful stealing attempts from Monsters/Playable characters.

Shadow Lurker- Successful attempt is based off Mastery Level + Stealing + Hiding
Ignores distance for when disappearing into the shadows.
Cool downs:
Level 1: 3 minutes
Level 2: 2 minutes
Level 3: 1 minutes
(Skill checks, skill timer still apply)

Poach- Successful attempt is based off Mastery Level + Stealing + Snooping
Attempts to poach an insured+blessed item from a Playable character for gold in the victims bank.
Cool downs
Level 1: 10 minutes
Level 2: 7 minutes
Level 3: 3 minutes

Insured items can be "poached" meaning you cannot physically steal an insured or blessed item, but you can poach it. Meaning if I steal"poach" an insured kryss in your backpack you have to rebut the item back from me at its insurance rate. So if it costs 600 gold to insure that item. When I successfully poach it 600 gold is deposited into my bank account from yours. If the gold is not there to cover the charge on a successful poach, the item is now mine. "Subject to flagging rules"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, turn perma grey back on. I miss detectives.

Allow containers to be stolen again, and if a blessed or insured item is in a pack and the pack weight is within limits, allow it to be stolen.

Allow disarming thieves to disarm shields again. Was fun to watch the reactions of parry mages when you stole their arty shield...la

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well being completely blunt, no one will ever agree to prodo shard items being stolen..but the ability to disarm/steal gold with say a certain timer activated before they can re-equip would be a good compromise

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long story short..playing a thief should NOT under any circumstance being a trammy class..period. Which is basically what it is. Unless you enjoy stealing potions I don't know..

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess I'll stick it out on Siege. The developers over the years have disliked the thief class almost as players who were stolen from. Not sure they will ever change it to make any additions to the thief class that help thieves instead of crates...la

Giles

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you kidding? The players who venture into Fel are as soft as those who play in Trammel! Loss an item, God forbid...la
seems as if even the pvp'ers, pk'ers or anyone that resides in fel does not want it either.

Defiantly an advantage for siege if you like to play Ultima as it was in the beginning

I kinda thought you would be for it