• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Extracting Game Sounds From Game Data Files?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
With the new format of the data files (no longer MUL files), does anyone know how i can go about extracting certain sounds from the data files, specifically the soundLegacyMUL.uop file? I am wanting to use a couple sounds as notification sounds for my android.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which 2 do you need? I had a back up of my files from 2010 when the file types changed. Sadly I hadn't been keeping it updated, but it's ok for inside uo and probably I can help with what you need?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
well i havent yet decided what sound i want for my Tapatalk notification sound... im down for suggestions as to what short sound would be perfect for that... I was gonna browse the sounds like i used to with MUL Editor but I no longer have even the sound.mul soundidx.mul .. do you happen to have those 2 files I can get so i can just open them in MUL Editor and browse them?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have them. PM me an email address to send them to?

actually, checking my pc, they're still in the uo classic folder. Check for yourself.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you rip me a few sounds Petra? I really want the death strike "whaaaaa chaaaa" noise for my SMS alert.
I will, if it's needed. But when I checked for the file name on my pc, just to be sure, I got not only the old ones on my D drive, but also files of that name in my main 2d install.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
yup, confirmed, in my 2d folder, nada.. so im guessing yours are because you have one of the older installs before they moved to the uop files
Snap328.png

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a free Zedge app you can download from Google Play and you can search Ultima Online and it has.....

5 Ringtones

Ultima Online Combat

Ultima Online Open

Ultima Online Sail

Ultima Online Victor

Ultima Online Turfin

2 Notifications

Ultima Online Meditation

Water Drop-UO