• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What packs do I buy to come back?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You do realize, you use pof before imbuing anything thus imbued items can have pof applied.
That's the kind of nonsense TimberWolf puts out there. But not even stated that clearly. Your not POFing imbued piece. You POFing a regular piece that is later imbued. I really don't care if TimberWolf bought a ton of imbuing stock and is heavily invested lol. You really had to think about what he was saying or you could be easily mislead. He mumbled mouth through this whole thread. Things are confusing enough for a new player, it needs to be stated clearly and factually. I just didn't want to see a new player sink a ton of money into something that couldn't be POFed. Like I did when I first got back. Money is hard to come by for the new folks learning the tricks. As long as someone fully understands what they're buying then go for it. I just wanted to be sure any new or returning players knew exactly what they're buying. As long as they clearly understand that imbued pieces can't be POFed, I'm good. As far as the rest of it goes, wear what ya want! I don't care, lol. I'll certainly do the same. I have to go now. My neighbor has imbued items on his vendor I must buy and trash before they fall into innocent hands ;)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the kind of nonsense TimberWolf puts out there. But not even stated that clearly. Your not POFing imbued piece. You POFing a regular piece that is later imbued. I really don't care if TimberWolf bought a ton of imbuing stock and is heavily invested lol. You really had to think about what he was saying or you could be easily mislead. He mumbled mouth through this whole thread. Things are confusing enough for a new player, it needs to be stated clearly and factually. I just didn't want to see a new player sink a ton of money into something that couldn't be POFed. Like I did when I first got back. Money is hard to come by for the new folks learning the tricks. As long as someone fully understands what they're buying then go for it. I just wanted to be sure any new or returning players knew exactly what they're buying. As long as they clearly understand that imbued pieces can't be POFed, I'm good. As far as the rest of it goes, wear what ya want! I don't care, lol. I'll certainly do the same. I have to go now. My neighbor has imbued items on his vendor I must buy and trash before they fall into innocent hands ;)
*cough cough...********...Cough cough*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think it fit you well, even when you hate PvP and evil players, you can't resist board PvP:devil:
I actually support PvP and "evil" lol. Personally I get annoyed when I hear the team is "wasting time" on Fel. In my opinion it's a dead issue. But there's a lot of different folks playing a lot of different styles, so I get it. I'm sure PvPers aren't very excited when the crafters get a ton of attention and PvPers are ignored. So I get it. There's the Fel system and the Trammel system. It's for 2 distinctly different play styles. I don't support them being mixed together. Trammel doesn't need a "hint of evil" lol. I can only imagine the bugs that would result when devs tried to blend those different styles together. I do like your idea of SP being a Fel rule set shard, even a preTrammel shard. I think that would be great. It might even draw some people back from the free shards. I'd like nothing better than to see the Orcs again and all that. But in the back of my head I keep hearing something about Leads saying that will never happen. Not sure why, but I bet if I googled around I'd find it. I know for sure they said they'd never make a preTrammel shard. But who knows......

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do like your idea of SP being a Fel rule set shard, even a preTrammel shard. I think that would be great.
I like to see Devs working together with the Siege community about making Siege more like a Fel ruleset shard. I'm really not much for seeing Item Insurance on Siege, I rather saw a fix to the items and resources on Siege so it would be easier to replace them.
I can stock basic suits for casters and for warriors but the hard core PvM and PvP players build their suits to get max power and they all have their idea of how the suit should be. I can't stock a lot different set as Vendor fee will eat up my profit

One thing I really find make it hard is the 5 kind of resist on armor. They make it so hard to put a suit together. I guess it's to late to remove them but we could fix the problem if we add more basis resist to items so a suit crafted of colored resources would have 60-65 resist in each resist and looted magic items would have 50 to 62 resist after a crafter enhance it with colored resources. The new loot artifacts should have 50-62 resist without need for enhancing.
If they did that, the PvM'er could stock their vendors with better magic stuff from loot and the crafters could stock single armor pieces, like hat/helmets of different kind, some for casters and some for warriors and players could use vendor search to find the item with the mods they want without care about the resist. This way, we could keep looting and if not changed on Trammel shards it would keep the items balance vs Insurance there.

I also would have hard to give up the "vendor won't buy your wares" part of the ruleset as I believe it keep our economy good as less money are added to the game.
If we could make changes, that would draw more players to Siege, I would not mind to see recall and 7 char slots on the shard.
If Devs success it, it would be easy to make more Fel shards and as start, make a Fel copy of Atlantic included chars and houses.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I like to see Devs working together with the Siege community about making Siege more like a Fel ruleset shard. I'm really not much for seeing Item Insurance on Siege, I rather saw a fix to the items and resources on Siege so it would be easier to replace them.
I can stock basic suits for casters and for warriors but the hard core PvM and PvP players build their suits to get max power and they all have their idea of how the suit should be. I can't stock a lot different set as Vendor fee will eat up my profit

One thing I really find make it hard is the 5 kind of resist on armor. They make it so hard to put a suit together. I guess it's to late to remove them but we could fix the problem if we add more basis resist to items so a suit crafted of colored resources would have 60-65 resist in each resist and looted magic items would have 50 to 62 resist after a crafter enhance it with colored resources. The new loot artifacts should have 50-62 resist without need for enhancing.
If they did that, the PvM'er could stock their vendors with better magic stuff from loot and the crafters could stock single armor pieces, like hat/helmets of different kind, some for casters and some for warriors and players could use vendor search to find the item with the mods they want without care about the resist. This way, we could keep looting and if not changed on Trammel shards it would keep the items balance vs Insurance there.

I also would have hard to give up the "vendor won't buy your wares" part of the ruleset as I believe it keep our economy good as less money are added to the game.
If we could make changes, that would draw more players to Siege, I would not mind to see recall and 7 char slots on the shard.
If Devs success it, it would be easy to make more Fel shards and as start, make a Fel copy of Atlantic included chars and houses.
You did hit on my big pet peeve. Vendor fees on the lower population shards. It's a shard killer. I understand to a point where the devs don't want to try and make a "special rules" shard. I'm sure that would get to be a hassle. But a Fel rules only shard doesn't seem like it would be that hard. I could see a preTrammel shard being hard to do, they would want to add new things to it while not adding new things to it, lol. I think people might get bored with a shard that never got an update. So if you did update it where would you draw the line? It would be a pain. A fel only shard wouldn't be that hard and at least shut a lot of folks up ;) That would seem like an easy thing to do, but it would probably kill SP off completely. So good luck with all that ;) But in general I really like the ideas, and that's not easy for someone to do ;) I think if you really thought it all out and kept pushing it I really don't see why Mesanna wouldn't consider a Fel only shard. Although I think it should start fresh and clean, maybe the same no transfers policy so the money players don't ruin it in a week. But that's much more your consideration than mine.

Vrado

Visitor
came back after 3 days and my original questions have spawned a totally different discussion altogether... great to read differing thoughts on the imbuing system though :D

in case anyone was wondering I decided to make a new toon on Atlantic and start afresh using one of CorwinXX's paladin templates. I'll probably be moving one of my crafter characters from Lake Austin in the near future though together with whatever I can salvage from my items there.

@vasagi thanks for the PM, I've tried replying a couple of times but I keep getting an error. forum admins are still looking into the bug. Will take you up on your offer if I head back to Napa one day. cheers!

@Deep Ellum Dan thanks for the offer, just left you a message on ICQ

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@vasagi thanks for the PM, I've tried replying a couple of times but I keep getting an error. forum admins are still looking into the bug. Will take you up on your offer if I head back to Napa one day. cheers!
Oh, I forgot to get back to you about this sorry about that. It's based on post count. The system for some reason is not allowing people with less than 5 posts to respond to PM's. Since that was your 5th post you should be able to respond now, but if not we will continue to look into it.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
with all due respect, to hear that anyone does not have at least 5 posts kinda makes me think twice. That's what happens I guess when you think all players have been using Stratics for years... @Vrado are you new to UO or have you just not used Stratics much? I am kinda curious about the numbers of players that say have less than 1 year of playing and so on 5 year, 10 year etc... and what makes players come or not come to Stratics. With those thoughts, do us as a community need to work on bring more players to Stratics? For me, Stratics and UOGuide are the premier sites for all things UO and the official UO site has nothing to offer me at all besides the link for the account, which i supposed I can just make a bookmark.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
came back after 3 days and my original questions have spawned a totally different discussion altogether... great to read differing thoughts on the imbuing system though :D

in case anyone was wondering I decided to make a new toon on Atlantic and start afresh using one of CorwinXX's paladin templates. I'll probably be moving one of my crafter characters from Lake Austin in the near future though together with whatever I can salvage from my items there.

@Deep Ellum Dan thanks for the offer, just left you a message on ICQ
for some reason, I am not seeing any message on ICQ

Vrado

Visitor
with all due respect, to hear that anyone does not have at least 5 posts kinda makes me think twice. That's what happens I guess when you think all players have been using Stratics for years... @Vrado are you new to UO or have you just not used Stratics much? I am kinda curious about the numbers of players that say have less than 1 year of playing and so on 5 year, 10 year etc... and what makes players come or not come to Stratics. With those thoughts, do us as a community need to work on bring more players to Stratics? For me, Stratics and UOGuide are the premier sites for all things UO and the official UO site has nothing to offer me at all besides the link for the account, which i supposed I can just make a bookmark.
Not new to UO or Stratics but this forum account is new. Didn't bother to dig through my old emails to find my old Stratics login. I remember using Stratics back in the day but mostly as a reference for spawn points and maps etc. Of course these days this is probably the only resource left, since UOGuide was definitely not a thing when I quit in 2002. If you're having second thoughts about helping for whatever reason it's fine mate the people I've seen in Luna have been helpful enough!

Anyhow I sent you a msg from icq 75594352, not sure why you didn't receive a message