• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

paroxysmus swamp dragon

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
has anyone tried to transfer one between characters?

i seem to recall that i did this once upon a time but i cant recall.
gahd i love getting older!

shouldn't be a problem, eh?

just transfer and bond as per normal?
there isnt some strange thing where it poofs if you try to transfer it between toon?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my memory and understanding is they cant be transferred once bonded....if you attempt it goes poof

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can't transfer them. If they go wild a tamer can tame them but then they are stuck with the freaking thing. The original owner can retame it... but yeah.

Silly and insane thing that they can't be transferred IMO.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't transfer them. If they go wild a tamer can tame them but then they are stuck with the freaking thing. The original owner can retame it... but yeah.

Silly and insane thing that they can't be transferred IMO.
they can be transferred before they are activated.....I have done that multiple times myself. But I dont think they will ever bond to anyone but the original owner....and I am pretty sure they go poof at next server maintenance if not before.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did a template swap several years ago and i just realized i have one on a thief.
which does him little to no good.
and i could use one on a warrior that i have......

tempted to try to swap it around.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i did a template swap several years ago and i just realized i have one on a thief.
which does him little to no good.
and i could use one on a warrior that i have......

tempted to try to swap it around.
Dupe the thief on Test centre and try it

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's the benefits of that over a normal swampie?
The Paroxy Swamp Dragon never needs to have it's dragon barding renewed.
However it soaks up 12% damage in pvm whereas exceptional barding soaks up 20%.
It's more for looking cool at banks I guess rather than functionality.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually not having to ever worry about finding and applying a barding deed is a huge benefit.....12% damage reduction is typically sufficient to keep my sammy swinging :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, while 20% is better i cant be bothered to cart dragon barding deeds around with me everywhere since they always seem to fall off mid-champ.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ha, this is funny!
the TC is GL which strangely enough is the shard that i am having this issue on.
so i didnt even need to copy a character over.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok.
so even though you can bring up the pet menu and there is a option to transfer the pet, if you hit the button it says "this pet can not be transferred".

so i thought id release it and then i could just soulstone taming over to my warrior, tame it and all good...... nope!
if you release it they go POOF and they disappear.

so i guess my thief is stuck with it.

good test, valuable info.

someone who has editing ability to UOguide or the WIKI should add that.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think you could soulstone taming to the warrior, let the prox swampy go wild, then tame it on the warrior.

Not sure if it will bond tho. Maybe worth testing but would still take a week to see if it bonds. :(

If you get around to trying this please let us know if it worked. :)

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Think you could soulstone taming to the warrior, let the prox swampy go wild, then tame it on the warrior.

Not sure if it will bond tho. Maybe worth testing but would still take a week to see if it bonds. :(

If you get around to trying this please let us know if it worked. :)

so i thought id release it and then i could just soulstone taming over to my warrior, tame it and all good...... nope!

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you RELEASE them they go poof. That's release via the "release" command.

If they go wild due to lack of food and ignoring commands which can take several hours, I believe they can be re-tamed ONCE.
They can only be tamed again ONCE as after that you get the "This pet has had to many owners" message. :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
why would this pet get the too many owner command with only one tame?

trying to think how i can test this.....
how does one get a pet who even people with 0 taming can control to go wild?
only thing i can think of it leaving it out over a server down for a couple days?

if i get realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly bored ill test this too.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This worked in the past: You can leave it in your house and let it go wild by running off screen and recalling to another sub-server. It will take 8+ hours for it to go wild. Once its wild you can tame it with a tamer and transfer it, but it will Never bond.

I've had a number of unbonded but tamed paroxy dragons due to log out issues with pets in the past. I'd find them mostly at banks roaming around wild after server up. They work just like normal bonded ones, but once dead, they're gone.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why would this pet get the too many owner command with only one tame?
The 1st person its tamed/bonded to counts as 1 tame. The 2nd (ur warrior) counts as 2 tames. 3rd tame will give u that message.

if i get realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly bored ill test this too.
LOL, I hear ya :)

... but it will Never bond.
Thanks @Lug , that was the one part I wasn't sure about. :)

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
actually not having to ever worry about finding and applying a barding deed is a huge benefit.....12% damage reduction is typically sufficient to keep my sammy swinging :)
Barding is to ready for me since I can craft it and have things of ingots. Without having to worry about barding, would the normal swampie be better then?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
ok.
so even though you can bring up the pet menu and there is a option to transfer the pet, if you hit the button it says "this pet can not be transferred".

so i guess my thief is stuck with it.

good test, valuable info.

someone who has editing ability to UOguide or the WIKI should add that.
I will add it to the wiki as a note, when I get out of work tonight if it hasn't already been added.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have plenty of barding deeds and dont find them a hassle.....then yes they give you an extra 8% of defense over the parox

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have a lot of Shadow Iron it also gives you a lot of extra barding points at exceptional level.
I tend to use mine for POFs but Shadow Iron can be farmed from eles in Tokuno mines (you just need to lure Yomotsu guys away a bit) or from using prospector's tool and garg pickaxe combo on iron spots.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poo, you could always Soulstone your thief skills and move your Sampire skills to the thief. Seems like a lot of effort and you have the cost of scrolls to consider.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If you have a lot of Shadow Iron it also gives you a lot of extra barding points at exceptional level.
I tend to use mine for POFs but Shadow Iron can be farmed from eles in Tokuno mines (you just need to lure Yomotsu guys away a bit) or from using prospector's tool and garg pickaxe combo on iron spots.
Yes, I suggests use shadow barding on my swampie and I mine tons of ore, especially shadow so I'm good there

Reactions: hen

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another method for shadow I find easier. Orc cave where the orc brute spawns. Transfer off eval on my tamer and put on mining. Quick spawn with forge in middle of room.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This worked in the past: You can leave it in your house and let it go wild by running off screen and recalling to another sub-server. It will take 8+ hours for it to go wild. Once its wild you can tame it with a tamer and transfer it, but it will Never bond.

I've had a number of unbonded but tamed paroxy dragons due to log out issues with pets in the past. I'd find them mostly at banks roaming around wild after server up. They work just like normal bonded ones, but once dead, they're gone.
I would think the pet bond potion would over ride the game mechanic bond.

Reactions: Lug

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ive lost so many of the prox dragons, just another reason I called for devs to fix things

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the spawn down there drops shadow ore in bulk. It used to when I farmed shadow ore/ingots years ago.

Piles of 12-15 or more raw shadow ore on the orc corpses. You just need mining to smelt the loots.

There is a couple static forges in that location, 3rd level of the Orc dungeon where the brute spawns.

It may just be the orc brute himself, I honestly don't remember. I do remember it was faster then mining.
(if your not going afk and/or using 3rd pprogs)

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
We recently had a short test there (Orc cave lvl 3), few weeks ago. The Orc Brute drops 25 shadow ore so 50 ingots (and 10 bonus iron ingots, wooo lol). And is indeed the sole critter that drops shadow ore down there.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And there are fast spawning Shadow Iron Elementals in the Yomotsu Mines too.
They spawn within seconds of the last one being killed, unlike the Orc Brute, which can take it's sweet time to respawn.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Orc brutes can also be found in Cove Orc Fort, ant lions in the solen hive drop ore too, but it can be either dull, shadow, copper or bronze.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there are fast spawning Shadow Iron Elementals in the Yomotsu Mines too.
They spawn within seconds of the last one being killed, unlike the Orc Brute, which can take it's sweet time to respawn.
this is what I was referring too......

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
shadow iron give your dragon barding extra points?
i didnt know that.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Exceptional Shadow iron barding has 17,000 points of durability.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But resists just apply when it is not mounted, I think?
It doesn't add to players' resists.
So not really much use other than it might live a few seconds longer if you die or get knocked off it.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But resists just apply when it is not mounted, I think?
It doesn't add to players' resists.
So not really much use other than it might live a few seconds longer if you die or get knocked off it.
correct