• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Grubbers in New Mag

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
you cannot kill grubbers in tram new mag.......FIX THIS!!!! yall wanted these stupid things in the game atleast make them to where you can kill them.......there are 12 that i cant kill.....

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can't you draw them to near the moongate or up to north near water, I believe that is out of town zone

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can't you draw them to near the moongate or up to north near water, I believe that is out of town zone
you cant tab on them at all, you cant provo them, you cant get on a ship and shoot cannons at them, you cant cast stuff out of guard zone and tell it to kill them, and you cant harm them with explode pots......all you can do is hope one wonders its happy way to a tiny spot on the beach so you can hit it....then there is a good possibility that its gonna take off running like grubbers do and your gonna be back to square one.......

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Auch, maybe try call a GM, maybe he can move them or send Bonnie an e-mail

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i know of atleast 4 people who paged, grubbers are long gone now...they apparently have a lifespan after the idoc =( was just really crappy we counted a dozen in all ........nayve they should do grubbers like packys and make them" go wild " after a couple of minutes and drop their loot if they arent killed....atleast it would save the items

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 1st time seeing a grubber, I couldn't bring myself to kill it. They're to damn funny looking. :p
So instead I just followed it around seeing what it would do. :D

Sadly they all despawn after about 10mins.... *POOF* .... gone. :(

Sorry ta hear abt that bug in tram new mag..... sounds like a crap way for your idoc hunt to end. :mad:

@Kyronix maybe ya'll can take a look at this and fix it as it seems like a bug obviously not intended. Thnkx bossman :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
To be honest, I've killed at least 20 grubbers, and only one was ever actually carrying anything - and he had an empty backpack. Wasn't the whole point of grubbers that they were guaranteed to be holding something from the IDOC?

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To be honest, I've killed at least 20 grubbers, and only one was ever actually carrying anything - and he had an empty backpack. Wasn't the whole point of grubbers that they were guaranteed to be holding something from the IDOC?
they usually dont pick up anything over a few stones, but ive looted Davies lockers, and a rug or 2 off them before...and event item off one ..... *sighs* im still upset with not being able to kill those

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I must admit to feeling a bit sad when these "Mine, mine, mine!" critters appear only to be savagely dispatched. A metaphor for the west, or for us? I've conducted treasure hunts where they could not be killed....where people objected to them being killed.

Thus, the question I must ask is why do you feel the need to kill them? They exist purely as a result of your failure. Why do you feel it's a bug that you cannot kill them?

Yeah, it's a bug, but still.....

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I must admit to feeling a bit sad when these "Mine, mine, mine!" critters appear only to be savagely dispatched. A metaphor for the west, or for us? I've conducted treasure hunts where they could not be killed....where people objected to them being killed.

Thus, the question I must ask is why do you feel the need to kill them? They exist purely as a result of your failure. Why do you feel it's a bug that you cannot kill them?

We had no failure....they were from an idoc!

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

wise man once say....if i know not on the subject being spoken of, then i should not comment......

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah, the failure was on the house owners part.
The failure was on the devs part, spending precious coding time fixing a system that wasn't broke. And it isn't the first time either. Anyone remember when they "fixed" the overpowered -neverending wave- refill of pitchers? And then spent even more time on a ridiculous "get this pitcher and go throw it at a water elemental and it will last longer" fix to offset what they did?

Call me an ass, but I'm really not too sure about where we are headed. It's claimed the crew is too small to do much, but then time is assigned to do meaningless crap like this...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
There was nothing wrong with idocs

Sure a few scripters but you could out wit them as well if you worked at it.

Idocs were a nice relaxing fun payday for me for years.

I always enjoyed them.

Half the fun is just finding them

Last edited:

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
wise man once say....if i know not on the subject being spoken of, then i should not comment......
Pompous but fair. I didn't understand you were speaking of an IDOC.

Grubbers are frequent uninvited guests at treasure chests following a failure to pick the lock. Folks used to believe they snatched a valuable, or even the MOST valuable, item from them. In fact it's a random item or, in some cases, no item at all. Thus they went from a MUST KILL creature to one many choose to simply ignore or even root for :)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone try Herding the Grubbers outside of the guard zone?

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
-Confucius
Another play on that is...
"Better to remain silent, and let others think you a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt".

The Slug

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did anyone try Herding the Grubbers outside of the guard zone?

Another play on that is...
"Better to remain silent, and let others think you a fool, than to open your mouth, and remove all doubt".
Hey ! I resemble that!
and to prove it:

There will be never be an IDOC for me. My castle drops without a word to anyone and everything left is, well left, its no longer my concern :devil:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
New Mag's isn't the only place where you can't kill Grubbers. I sat an idoc on Atlantic shard with a fried and stupid grubber ran into the Royal City. I spent a long time trying to wait for it move out of town. Well, thanks to a nice person from Syndicate guild that helped me get the little bugger out of town. We used bag balls to "move" him out of town.

But New Mag's is worse cause most of the island is "in the city" I agree that a tweak to grubber would be nice.