• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What packs do I buy to come back?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
epic character tokens let you have 90 skill pts on 6 skills of your choice. 6 pink scrolls @ 5 pts each. 0-120 in under 1 minute. if you have none of it to start....I think the total cost is around $40 bucks.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can train imbuing from 40 to 105~110 in about an two or so hours (maybe less, been a while) if you have one scroll of alacrity.
Get yourself fel trogs caves with a repond slayer weapon, loot all the stuff (except idiotic 50 stones items), fill 3 to 5 bags with loot, log, log in your imbuer, unravel all the bags, drop the residue and essence, log out, log warrior back in, consolidate the items that you failed to unravel in one bag, rinse and repeat.
Once you are nearing 80 skill, start looting only what has the label greater magic item or higher. Before that alacrity expires, you will have hit low 100s in imbuing.

Balrons in Tram/Fel Blackthorn work pretty great for that too, but they can give you a run for your money...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand the idea behind imbuing. And as a crafter, you would think I would be all over it. But after just a few minutes working the skill up, I decided that I loathe it, for two main reasons.

1) If an item can't be brought back with PoF indefinitely, I don't find it a very worthwhile item.

2) I have a very difficult time figuring out what is a good item and what isn't. I'm now afraid to unravel any item out of fear that I may have just messed up a great item.
Well, on your 1). If you've made the thing using crafting and imbuing, who cares if it wears out in , oh about 12 months? You can just make another one identical to it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I understand the idea behind imbuing. And as a crafter, you would think I would be all over it. But after just a few minutes working the skill up, I decided that I loathe it, for two main reasons.

1) If an item can't be brought back with PoF indefinitely, I don't find it a very worthwhile item.

2) I have a very difficult time figuring out what is a good item and what isn't. I'm now afraid to unravel any item out of fear that I may have just messed up a great item.
By the time that item gets that damaged more than likely you will have changed your template and made a completely revamped suit. Trust me. I have imbued and rebuilt my "main"s suit at least 3 or 4 times.... It hasn't even dropped in durability to below 220 let alone down to any point where I would be concerned about it needing to be replaced. Imbued stuff can still be repaired... it's not that bad.

As far as unraveling goes eventually you get to understand what is or isn't a good item... and sadly what's a good item today won't be tomorrow so just do it and get more.

I agree with others imbuing is awesome... no going through 1000000000 of charges in runics to get 2 usable pieces... which still probably have 2 or 3 properties that suck..... and would be better "if"..... no it's exactly what you want. Yes I do pick up some awesome loot pieces and incorporate those into my suit on occasion.... but it's the antique stuff and those stupid 125 str items that I think are crap along with the 50 stone items.
I won't use any of that crap.

Maybe it's because I have 70+ characters on my shard but I honestly don't have a problem with stuff wearing out. I pretty much play 3 or 4 characters on a regular basis..... the rest could be wearing rags for all I care... but I don't fret too much over what I have or don't have. The beauty of Imbuing is that even if it did wear down... I made it so I can just craft a new one with 255 durability in no time at all and since I crafted it in the first place I can make it's exact duplicate or maybe even one slightly improved quickly enough.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well... I guess I'll see how training imbuing fares. Maybe I'll find that I like it better than my initial reaction.

Like I said, I'm a crafter first. Any form of crafting that I can get decent at would be a plus. And I'm broke, so buying decent items to wear isn't an option. :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... I guess I'll see how training imbuing fares. Maybe I'll find that I like it better than my initial reaction.

Like I said, I'm a crafter first. Any form of crafting that I can get decent at would be a plus. And I'm broke, so buying decent items to wear isn't an option. :)
what shard ya on corwin?

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm on Lake Superior. It's been my home since I started playing in 2001.

Corwyn

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have never tried that shard.......good luck :)
I've contemplated moving, but that can get expensive, and while I don't personally have an issue with spending the money, my wife does. So I stay.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing isn't reforging to me. You POF reforging. It doesn't ruin the item.
and ummmm what skill do you use to reforge????? and what skill did you say was useless and a complete waste ( even though you later admitting having 2 leg imbuers)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
and ummmm what skill do you use to reforge????? and what skill did you say was useless and a complete waste ( even though you later admitting having 2 leg imbuers)
I have 2 imbuing crafters just cause I want every crafting skill available. Both on GLs and Legends. I have fletchers I never use also ;) Your just trying to confuse people that items marked imbued are able to use POF and that is a lie. Reforging is reforging, imbuing is imbuing. Same skill if you wish but different beasts entirely. Your trying to mislead people to think a reforged item is an imbued item. It is not. If it's the same thing then try this. Try using POF on an item marked reforged. Then try using POF on an item marked imbued. Note the results. A reforged item is NOT an imbued item if it's created by imbuers or not. It's like saying a plate helm is the same as a sword since they're both made by smiths. Most people wouldn't try to beat a critter to death with a plate helm. FILTHY LIES! :p Good day sir! ;)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 imbuing crafters just cause I want every crafting skill available. Both on GLs and Legends. I have fletchers I never use also ;) Your just trying to confuse people that items marked imbued are able to use POF and that is a lie. Reforging is reforging, imbuing is imbuing. Same skill if you wish but different beasts entirely. Your trying to mislead people to think a reforged item is an imbued item. It is not. If it's the same thing then try this. Try using POF on an item marked reforged. Then try using POF on an item marked imbued. Note the results. A reforged item is NOT an imbued item if it's created by imbuers or not. It's like saying a plate helm is the same as a sword since they're both made by smiths. Most people wouldn't try to beat a critter to death with a plate helm. FILTHY LIES! :p Good day sir! ;)

LOL dude now who is doing the old bait and switch......you stood up and claimed the imbuing skill sucked and was useless, and just ruined, or broke decent items. I called you on that because what you were saying is untrue, I am not attempting to mislead anyone. The fact is a majority of people out there dont really know what the imbuing skills is capable of. They just hear people like you ranting about how it is just ruining stuff. The fact is most players arent negatively affected by imbuing in any way shape or form.

We all get it...you are an armor snob, and using imbued items is beneath you...we get it. No one is saying you arent allowed to feel that.....but it is you that is being dishonest when you say " Imbuing is the most worthless skill in the game"!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL dude now who is doing the old bait and switch......you stood up and claimed the imbuing skill sucked and was useless, and just ruined, or broke decent items. I called you on that because what you were saying is untrue, I am not attempting to mislead anyone. The fact is a majority of people out there dont really know what the imbuing skills is capable of. They just hear people like you ranting about how it is just ruining stuff. The fact is most players arent negatively affected by imbuing in any way shape or form.

We all get it...you are an armor snob, and using imbued items is beneath you...we get it. No one is saying you arent allowed to feel that.....but it is you that is being dishonest when you

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
We all get it...you are an armor snob, and using imbued items is beneath you...we get it. No one is saying you arent allowed to feel that.....but it is you that is being dishonest when you say " Imbuing is the most worthless skill in the game"!
It *is* the most worthless thing in the game to *me*. It *does* ruin quality items. It rests in the bottom of my trash barrel with my antique, brittle, and other such junk. And I'm a snob wanting a quality item over one that breaks and wears out? Where do you shop? Walmart? lol Well at least by now people are clear that items marked "imbued" are on the road to breaking from the moment you first put them on. As long as your not selling the imbued items can be POFed line anymore we're good. Because you clearly implied imbued items could be POFed. That is NOT true. "Oh but reforged items can and that's imbued!". Stop it, just stop. Any item marked imbued will not take POF. End of story. All I'm saying. That was my only real point. Done. Yes I could see a new player maybe using it till they got on their feet. If it was priced properly in the 5 or 10k range. So it's not "totally worthless" in my opinion. But why any established player would want it is beyond me.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I've contemplated moving, but that can get expensive, and while I don't personally have an issue with spending the money, my wife does. So I stay.
I relocated to Legends and had excellent characters on GLs. It's really not that hard making new guys. All my Legends guys I remade from scratch. All my Great Lakes guys are still on GLs. I like grinding :p Making a dexxer on a new shard is pretty quick and easy. You can make a guy to make some coins pretty quick to get a start on a new shard. You can learn the shard and see if you like it. It wouldn't take long at all to raise the money for an 18x18, except maybe Atlantic I guess. I'm not saying you should move but it's not really that hard if you wanted to. If you really liked the shard you move to you could always buy a transfer token at some point in the future and move over your good items or whatever. Never tell the wife what you spend money on, that's never a good idea ;)

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Perhaps this thread has gone a little off track, but since no one's kicking up a fuss about it, if I may I will inject a genuine question to harvest some knowledge :p

So, I don't really understand imbuing, and reforging is even more mysterious. I made the (possible) mistake of investing in a lovely Bracelet/Ring pair before understanding what "Antique" meant, but these things have amazing FC/FCR/LRC/LMC/MR/MI/SDI properties scattered across them. Having now known for a while what Antique means, and actually doing a proper dungeon escapade recently, I saw the durability dive by 25-30 points - indeed, no joke about the fast degradation.

Is there anything the skills mentioned can help resolve? Remove the Antique negative property, yet keep the other positive properties?

If not, I think I can use Grandmaster Tinkering repair deeds to keep them in shape, but I don't know if there's any repercussions or risks of this.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Perhaps this thread has gone a little off track, but since no one's kicking up a fuss about it, if I may I will inject a genuine question to harvest some knowledge :p

So, I don't really understand imbuing, and reforging is even more mysterious. I made the (possible) mistake of investing in a lovely Bracelet/Ring pair before understanding what "Antique" meant, but these things have amazing FC/FCR/LRC/LMC/MR/MI/SDI properties scattered across them. Having now known for a while what Antique means, and actually doing a proper dungeon escapade recently, I saw the durability dive by 25-30 points - indeed, no joke about the fast degradation.

Is there anything the skills mentioned can help resolve? Remove the Antique negative property, yet keep the other positive properties?

If not, I think I can use Grandmaster Tinkering repair deeds to keep them in shape, but I don't know if there's any repercussions or risks of this.
Once antique always antique. Don't know about fixing them, I don't use them *hides from TimerWolf* Normally there's a durability on the right. Each time you repair an item that number will drop (probably). When that number gets to zero it's done. So you shouldn't repair things that won't take POF unless it's near wearing out (The left number). How low you allow the left number to drop is up to your comfort factor. But once that left durabilty number hits zero it will start subtracting from the right number. The right number being critical as that's sorta like how many more times you can repair the left number. Does that make any sense? :p You should be able to use POF on it 3 times. But instead of taking it to 255 it will take it to 250, then 200, then 150 (the right number, lol). Something goofy like that. So it should last a little while anyway. When it comes to repair a GM Tinker deed is as good as any GM doing it personally.

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing doesnt necessarily cause "antigue" style degradation.
Yes if you are being physically hit "antique" tend to take a beating quickly. Yes repair deeds made by a grandmaster tinker can repair the items....typically the maximum durability will decrease by 1 each time you use one. So your ring hits 35/255 and you use a repair deed....if successful it will repair to 254/254.

If you are a typical user it will take a year or two before that ring will get down to a point where it is more of a pain then a benefit. But you will have a couple years to find a replacement.

With reforging or enhancing ( both requiring the imbuing skill) you create items that can have PoF applied to it repeatedly.
With imbuing you must apply PoF before imbuing. The item will wear normally ( not like antique items) but slowly.....over years it will gradually degrade. on my archer for example I have used the same bows for a couple years and they still have a maximum durability of about 250. So yes I will never be able to add PoF to that bow again.....but in a few years when it finally becomes useless I can replace it in 5 mins at virtually no cost.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Imbuing doesnt cause "antigue" style degradation.
Yes if you are being physically hit "antique" tend to take a beating quickly. Yes repair deeds made by a grandmaster tinker can repair the items....typically the maximum durability will decrease by 1 each time you use one. So your ring hits 35/255 and you use a repair deed....if successful it will repair to 254/254.

If you are a typical user it will take a year or two before that ring will get down to a point where it is more of a pain then a benefit. But you will have a couple years to find a replacement.

With reforging or enhancing ( both requiring the imbuing skill) you create items that can have PoF applied to it repeatedly.
With imbuing you must apply PoF before imbuing. The item will wear normally ( not like antique items) but slowly.....over years it will gradually degrade. on my archer for example I have used the same bows for a couple years and they still have a maximum durability of about 250. So yes I will never be able to add PoF to that bow again.....but in a few years when it finally becomes useless I can replace it in 5 mins at virtually no cost.

I hope that helps.
Oh for Christ's sake....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For my level of use.....which is sometimes heavy and sometimes less so.....I have antique crimmy's on many of my spawning characters.....they definitely take a beating but after 18 months of use I am only now beginning to notice the effects of decreased maximum durability. So I will spend an hour or two and grab 500 VVV points and go get another free ( significantly better) crimmy to use for a couple more years.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
For my level of use.....which is sometimes heavy and sometimes less so.....I have antique crimmy's on many of my spawning characters.....they definitely take a beating but after 18 months of use I am only now beginning to notice the effects of decreased maximum durability. So I will spend an hour or two and grab 500 VVV points and go get another free ( significantly better) crimmy to use for a couple more years.
There honestly is no way to say how long something lasts. I can put anything on my crafter and it will probably last forever. The crafter don't fight. If you play 4 hours a night is a big difference over playing an hour a night. My stuff gets used a lot and takes a beating. I repair a lot. There's a lot of factors involved. My experience is much more in line with the poster your replying to. Anything I couldn't POF would last me a couple months at best.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What TimberWolf will not say is if it's marked "imbued" you CAN'T use POF on it.
dude pull your head out of your butt....I said and I quote...."with imbuing you must apply PoF before imbuing it"

Your obvious bias and hatred of all things antique and imbued is clearly noted by all!..... relax....go smoke some weed and mellow out. Every piece I imbue has PoF APPLIED TO IT!!! Every single piece.....you just have to do it before you begin the imbuing process. all my bows have been imbued 5-8 times...all of them started with PoF applied to them taking them to 255 durability.

I really dont get your issue......

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
So is it possible to get through the game without imbuing? I started trying it out for the first time last night, and I hate it. LOL
It is, just have sometime invite your items with your desired stats. One such way for free is attending Ctafters Day on Sundays on Atlantic. The Syndicate (LLTS) gives back to the community with free crafting and imbuing so no real need for imbuing. I invite all the time and love being able to make whatever I want, and of course I always as max POF before imbuing.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I fully understand imbuing. It's where you take a decent item and make it so it will break and wear out. Super. I'll pass. I have awesome suits that use zip imbuing. Makes no sense to me why anyone wants that junk. For a very temporary situation, and the item is dirt cheap, maybe. I have awesome suits that won't be trash in a few weeks or months. I don't see any point in imbuing. If it's imbued I don't even consider it. I'm not building characters around items I have to continually replace. My stuff takes a beating I burn through armor and weapons. I'd never consider any item I can't POF. Crafters can make money from me, sell POF ;)
What level of durability are most you're items at? Max? Respectfully, I'm kinda lost with your comments. On my main, his whole suit is crafted by me with exactly what I want them to be and I have 255 durability on every item, unless I've repaired it and it's dipped a little. I am sure many in your guild can craft and imbue for you. Have you ever owned a suit that was crafted just for you and given max durability and imbued? My suit, I've have over a year and it takes a beating. I think max durability is maybe down to 245 now after a year so with that, I can't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Not a problem, PoF it up and just make a new suit or weapon when it break. Imbuing make life much easier for me, I don't have to sort 1000 pieces to get a few that fit together. I just need to get the resources needed.
Why make a new suit when you can just repair it?

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

The only things I don't unravel are legendary and stuff I sell such as 20 LRC and >= +15 skill jewelry and some slayers.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
your first reason is totally wrong and only applies in certain circumstances. your second reason I would suggest that you are safe unraveling anything that isnt legendary ( and often many legendary pieces). For legendary wait and ask a friend to help you go through them until you are more familiar.

Dont get me wrong training imbuing sucks....I hated it and refused to do it. I used the 0-120 imbuing in under 1 min method. and then started helping people by making stuff and learning. For me it is an essential skill for any serious crafter.
Must say, 0-120 in under a minute is impressive. I'm stuck at like 113. You must share your secret. Also, there are some legendary items that really don't seem legendary, at least to me. I love legendaries that have over 5 properties, of which I found one that had about 8 properties.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
epic character tokens let you have 90 skill pts on 6 skills of your choice. 6 pink scrolls @ 5 pts each. 0-120 in under 1 minute. if you have none of it to start....I think the total cost is around $40 bucks.
Ahh, is thinking you find some special way to raise the skill without buying anything. Lol

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You can train imbuing from 40 to 105~110 in about an two or so hours (maybe less, been a while) if you have one scroll of alacrity.
Get yourself fel trogs caves with a repond slayer weapon, loot all the stuff (except idiotic 50 stones items), fill 3 to 5 bags with loot, log, log in your imbuer, unravel all the bags, drop the residue and essence, log out, log warrior back in, consolidate the items that you failed to unravel in one bag, rinse and repeat.
Once you are nearing 80 skill, start looting only what has the label greater magic item or higher. Before that alacrity expires, you will have hit low 100s in imbuing.

Balrons in Tram/Fel Blackthorn work pretty great for that too, but they can give you a run for your money...
Dark Guardians in Doom e great for acquiring things of unraveling junk. Take a couple packies :)

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think I see, and in a way I don't see my predicament as much of an issue then. To be honest with myself, I'm not playing all that much these days. Even with the durability rate these have, using repair deeds after every ~8 dungeon runs should keep them going for quite a while for me.

I don't see why I'd ever want to use PoF on them though: if repair deeds only subtract One from the right hand-side Durability figure, it seems silly to axe 50 points off at a time with PoF :confused:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
people add pof when the durability has decreased down to 30/35 for example....which would then but it back to 200/200 and reset the process a little. because when it gets down to 30/30 or so you might just get one dungeon run in before you have to use a repair deed.

For a vast majority of users....it isnt a huge issue. But for some heavy power users....it can be. And for others, they just perceive it as a problem because they dont shop at walmart! :)

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I have 2 imbuing crafters just cause I want every crafting skill available. Both on GLs and Legends. I have fletchers I never use also ;) Your just trying to confuse people that items marked imbued are able to use POF and that is a lie. Reforging is reforging, imbuing is imbuing. Same skill if you wish but different beasts entirely. Your trying to mislead people to think a reforged item is an imbued item. It is not. If it's the same thing then try this. Try using POF on an item marked reforged. Then try using POF on an item marked imbued. Note the results. A reforged item is NOT an imbued item if it's created by imbuers or not. It's like saying a plate helm is the same as a sword since they're both made by smiths. Most people wouldn't try to beat a critter to death with a plate helm. FILTHY LIES! Good day sir! ;)
You do realize, you use pof before imbuing anything thus imbued items can have pof applied.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well no one wants it to get to the level of gen chat on any shard.....but a little intellectual sparing occasionally is good for the circulation! :gee:

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
people add pof when the durability has decreased down to 30/35 for example....which would then but it back to 200/200 and reset the process a little. because when it gets down to 30/30 or so you might just get one dungeon run in before you have to use a repair deed.

For a vast majority of users....it isnt a huge issue. But for some heavy power users....it can be. And for others, they just perceive it as a problem because they dont shop at walmart! :)
Ah yeah, of course, wow, that adds even more cycles of usage then I originally understood. Thanks, very enlightening! Now I will enjoy my jewellery purchases with peace of mind, since I know they can last so long!