• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curse BUG

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everybody,

Tons of mages are abusing a game change bug.

They clumsy, weaken and feeblemind themselves so that they cannot be cursed anymore and so their resists are always 70+

Add the fact that they carry refined suits, they have 75 fire resist permanently.

Curse should work by a check on the resist, not on the stats. So we fix the issue!!

InfernO will come to get you

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They still die quickly to the mighty fist even if they are cursed bugged!

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they don't like fisting action , after one day of it .... lol so many tears at yew gate . They abused bugs for weeks rofl. Hilarious.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump because this is a serious problem in PvP today.

It's making pure mages essentially useless in the field because nobody can do any damage.

I agree that curse should be a check on resists rather than stats... or just make it so you can always curse an opponent like it used to be...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reminds me of how you used to be able to apply Lesser Poison (Lvl 1) to yourself, in order to prevent higher Lvl Poisons from affecting you.

virem11

Adventurer
Bump because this is a serious problem in PvP today.

It's making pure mages essentially useless in the field because nobody can do any damage.

I agree that curse should be a check on resists rather than stats... or just make it so you can always curse an opponent like it used to be...
or how about you get your chiv teamates to remove curse them? oh but you rather cry ,ok then continue.

virem11

Adventurer
Ppl who abuse teleport exploits come here to cry. Hilarious.

But first of all we need a teleport through roof exploit fix , these kids run around get dismounted and then teleport through the roof and I have to go back to the front teleport on top while they already remount!!! how stupid is that??

What I don't understand too... ppl crying after literally ONE day of getting rekt , without even studying how to counter attack a char.... they just cry. Then they come here and cry but they use exploits in order to still lose fights and having unfair advantages. Then they go on UO HALL but they promote "curse bug" on the market .

What the hell is this?

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO USE IT, THATS ALL, COS HE PLAYS DEXER AND DOESNT CARRY TELE SCROLLS ---> so he wonders where the f did my target go?

virem11

Adventurer
HE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO USE IT, THATS ALL, COS HE PLAYS DEXER AND DOESNT CARRY TELE SCROLLS ---> so he wonders where the f did my target go?
JD why aren't you quoting blazing and saying he doesn't know how to remove curse?

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
JD why aren't you quoting blazing and saying he doesn't know how to remove curse?
Man he said he doesn't wana waste time already... The curse bug is really a bug. You can just learn how to use the tele macro.

And since you're not the real virem, by impose?

virem11

Adventurer
Man he said he doesn't wana waste time already... The curse bug is really a bug. You can just learn how to use the tele macro.

And since you're not the real virem, by impose?
It's been known for years. Clearly it's not even on the list of fixes. You can learn how to use the remove curse macro

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs we pay will call this a feature, then move on and get away with it since they took away the bug forum.

A bit like how apparently crossing a server line and it redressing you so you lose all your stats is "not a bug"
So....lets get this straight.... if the shard was on one server, the devs would purposefully build in these lines in random places throughout the map that make you lose all your stats when you pass through them???

CAMPAIGN TO BRING BACK BUG FORUM AND POWER TO THE PAYING PLAYERS

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I always thought curse needed adjustment. u get cursed, eat an apple, they just recurse u and then spell dump. apples have timer. maybe curse can have diminishing chance to recurse, and don't forget about para spam. just my opinion

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Players can Lower their Stats by a % At all times in order to resist a 33% Increase in Spell Damage from Curse. Sounds fair. Mages slapped extra dci on their templates for years to make hit lower defense pointless. Only took Forever to get that one fixed.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Sorry, devs don't fix anything related to PVP in this game because we don't matter.
one day they will notice the real reason why shards are dying.

when pvp ends in a shard, that shard dies in 2-3 months. this is the thing these trammies dont get, wont get ever.

and i exactly agree with virem11. I laughed a lot when i see the topic and the poster. ( no offence , it was really funny)

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
one day they will notice the real reason why shards are dying.

when pvp ends in a shard, that shard dies in 2-3 months. this is the thing these trammies dont get, wont get ever.

and i exactly agree with virem11. I laughed a lot when i see the topic and the poster. ( no offence , it was really funny)
Pvp economy is big. That's what keeps farming alive

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Real dexxers carry tp and wall scrolls. Manmode dexxers carry and use dispel field scrolls.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any updateo on this? Curse bug and not being able to re-curse a target to reset the curse timer both have needed fixed for far too long.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Refined suit 75 fire! Curse bugged!! Let's talk talk about holy fist

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny because I got a warning from stratics because I posted abt this bug!!!! Lollolololol Prolly some moderadors are abusing it too in game rofl

Maybe u and ur guildies should stop abusing it as well, and report it to broadsword instead... I got 2 bugs under investigation which i havent shared on stratics in order not to let them go wild.

If i knew how to dupe would i share it stratics ;) nevaaaaa

Pls think before u post! Lol

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pot kettle black springs to mind, seeing as the rare occasion you log on anything but that terrible fister you play(badly) i've seen you using the curse bug too Gandalf.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's amazing how much some work shy employees actually get away with, i sure hope it's laziness over incompetence. How can people get away with not doing their job and leaving bugs in an active game for 5-10 years? what???

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Maybe u and ur guildies should stop abusing it as well, and report it to broadsword instead... I got 2 bugs under investigation which i havent shared on stratics in order not to let them go wild.

If i knew how to dupe would i share it stratics ;) nevaaaaa

Pls think before u post! Lol
Yeah, then nothing will ever happen about it.

Take for example the New Haven teleport bug. It was around for a solid 7 years, and was "under investigation" for just as long, the devs did absolutely nothing about it until finally it was released and people went ****ing postal with abusing it. After atleast 7 years of reporting it, nothing came out of it in regards to it being fixed, once people started abusing it on a mass scale, it still took two months to fix it only because the devs "wanted to wait for a publish to push a fix for it". Apparently unaware of the term "hotfix".

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
People, think about it logically. Do you think any profession development team just throws in "fixes" without first testing and researching the cause and effect? There are timelines and orders of importance. The less important things are taken care of first then moved onto the next important item. Without a large team of developers, I can see it being difficult to have separate units of developers working on different projects. And so not give Microsoft as an example at posted hotfixes...lol, their hotfixes break things that are fixed lol

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
People, think about it logically. Do you think any profession development team just throws in "fixes" without first testing and researching the cause and effect? There are timelines and orders of importance. The less important things are taken care of first then moved onto the next important item. Without a large team of developers, I can see it being difficult to have separate units of developers working on different projects. And so not give Microsoft as an example at posted hotfixes...lol, their hotfixes break things that are fixed lol
My IQ just dropped into the negatives reading this post.