• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHY!? FACTION HORSES

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Why are these beautiful creatures of old not transferable anymore?

It doesn't interfere with game play a single bit. Why can't BS let them just be freely transferable so there's more commodities to the mounts market for people?????

Petition to BS @Mesanna to rethink on this pls.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cause it would compete with the vvv horse market and make a horse's arse out of whoever conceived it :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a character that I never play has a pretty blue horse that would look so nice under a character that always dresses in the very same color :/ 'tis a shame

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if you didnt spill blood for factions you deserve to walk!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
cause it would compete with the vvv horse market and make a horse's arse out of whoever conceived it :)
There should be more diversity to mounts. Like how I like Cavalli and ride out to war in style. Rather than everyone the same riding vvv two color horses.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love my black faction horse on a character that never even thought about joining one

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
I love my black faction horse on a character that never even thought about joining one
Which, was made legal, freely transferable, traded as commodity, and makes you and I look so much better!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Delete faction horses altogether. Factions are gone, all transferring will do is create another way for players to sell and trade pixels. Get back to playing the game, not trying to get your character to look the coolest at the Luna bank. Sheesh, wasn't there enough of that when WBB was the place the trammys hung out?...la

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Factions are gone, all transferring will do is create another way for players to sell and trade pixels.
Not to be rude but... So? Not really sure why it should be different from any other commodity or rare. If people wanna pay their $10 per month to buy/sell to look "cool" at Luna bank, I say let them have at it.

*Personally I prefer legit commerce to thievery any day ...

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to be rude but... So? Not really sure why it should be different from any other commodity or rare. If people wanna pay their $10 per month to buy/sell to look "cool" at Luna bank, I say let them have at it.

*Personally I prefer legit commerce to thievery any day ...
I kinda prefer legitimate thievery...... like what Broadsword has been doing since they took over UO!

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Delete faction horses altogether. Factions are gone, all transferring will do is create another way for players to sell and trade pixels. Get back to playing the game, not trying to get your character to look the coolest at the Luna bank. Sheesh, wasn't there enough of that when WBB was the place the trammys hung out?...la
Rico quit trolling, I've seen you in your neon with an ice staff at Luna

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
not only will i NOT sign this, id rip it up and make it rain paper petition pieces on you!

leave faction war horse to those who earned them.
leave them how they are.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Aran said:
pfffft
ive got black horses on probably 300 of my toons over most shards.

i even have one guy that has all 4 shades of the black horses.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pfffft

Ohhhh, you meant "Keep them with the people who have them NOW (i.e. me) so no one else can have one later"

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes.

it makes it harder to say "neener neener i have one and you dont" if everyone has one.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't even know why Black Horses are even mentioned. They weren't faction horses, they were merely a byproduct of a bug from dismounting Minax faction guards.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
in all honesty i am very serious about this.
they gave nothing to the players who bleed factions for years when they unceremoniously unplugged it last year.
no medals for the wars i fought.
no parade for the towns i helped free.
no discount at the vendors i helped support by giving them cheap regs.

they didnt give us robes when the war was done to keep.
they didnt give us fake sigil stones with a sigil on them to light up our houses and reflect upon.
all they did was give us our trusty war steeds.

now when i ride along in the game and i catch the eye of another warrior upon his faction horse we can lock eyes and share a moment of quiet reflection of the earth we stained with each others blood.

your argument is purely for aesthetics so you can color coordinate and match your handbag to your horse, mine is for pride in the years i served the True Brit's and killed people in the name of my cause and created bonds of friendship that only the fires in the crucial of war can forge.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I don't even know why Black Horses are even mentioned. They weren't faction horses, they were merely a byproduct of a bug from dismounting Minax faction guards.
or the TB guards.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they gave nothing to the players who bleed factions for years when they unceremoniously unplugged it last year.

they didnt give us fake sigil stones with a sigil on them to light up our houses and reflect upon.

now when i ride along in the game and i catch the eye of another warrior upon his faction horse we can lock eyes and share a moment of quiet reflection of the earth we stained with each others blood.

your argument is purely for aesthetics so you can color coordinate and match your handbag to your horse, mine is for pride in the years i served the True Brit's and killed people in the name of my cause and created bonds of friendship that only the fires in the crucial of war can forge.
You know this is a video game right? lolling pretty hard over here

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Game, set, match.

The human heart cannot differentiate emotion experienced in a digital setting from that in a physical one. The biological responses are identical.

The consensual conflict accelerates the development of bonds among people....because people can't help but be themselves when under stress. And all meaningful relationships are the product of conflict. To achieve this in the physical world takes years or decades.

To call it all a video game is understandable - hell, the first developers of online games were left agog by the emotion their games evoked - but fails when describing one based on human interaction.

Laugh at this fellow if you wish. Laughter is involuntary after all. But don't be surprised that, many years from now, you will find yourself recalling the fine details of a fight, an encounter, or the most basic interaction you had with other people in an online game.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You know this is a video game right? lolling pretty hard over here
take all of what i say as me having fun with or at your expense.
because chances are i am.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off , the original horses in question were not for non-factions players. Only a bug in the original programing for who could own one let them get "out" to the general public.. which was corrected, and the Dev of that day gave a fair amount of time and warning to all that the error was being corrected so they could be cleared out of stables and ownership. A lot of gold passed into hands over these pony's... and I remember many who were scammed that didn't get the message in time to not be fleeced. The black pony's on the other hand were normal horses colored black so not a big deal as the factions horses were. A change went in and stopped the ability to get these too. No bending the Dark Lady's ear, I'll save you the trouble... she will say hell no.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
pfffft

holy ****, can u sell me some pls? i need 4 black shades! i only have the darkest one.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
mentioned because they were a by-product, not even official, can allowed, legal, and TRADABLE!

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran

I sure aint seen you areound in ATL, lol.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Game, set, match.

The human heart cannot differentiate emotion experienced in a digital setting from that in a physical one. The biological responses are identical.

The consensual conflict accelerates the development of bonds among people....because people can't help but be themselves when under stress. And all meaningful relationships are the product of conflict. To achieve this in the physical world takes years or decades.

To call it all a video game is understandable - hell, the first developers of online games were left agog by the emotion their games evoked - but fails when describing one based on human interaction.

Laugh at this fellow if you wish. Laughter is involuntary after all. But don't be surprised that, many years from now, you will find yourself recalling the fine details of a fight, an encounter, or the most basic interaction you had with other people in an online game.
Lol, I could care less about having a black horse, but that was very well said. Bravo :applause :