• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM and the fel turtle spawn

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
anyone running UOAM when doing the Fel side tutle spawn?
i noticed instead of showing the grass its showing the grass as black.
strange.

stranger yet all my guildmates have nothing but a black screen - an entire black screen.

anyone else notice this?

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
how did you get that map?

edit: i downloaded the eodon map. my uoam in eodon looks exactly like yours.

Last edited:

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Looks like your map0.mul file (felucca map) is pre-ToL, while the others (statics0.mul, staidx0.mul) have been regularly patched by the UO CC patcher.
To solve your specific problem, you could try downloading the latest version of Kojak's UOAM and ONLY extract & replace the map0.mul file.

UOAM (Kojak) Oct 2015

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
how did you get that map?

edit: i downloaded the eodon map. my uoam in eodon looks exactly like yours.
see my Eoden looks fine, all green and normal.
its just the fel side champ that is black grassed.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Looks like your map0.mul file (felucca map) is pre-ToL, while the others (statics0.mul, staidx0.mul) have been regularly patched by the UO CC patcher.
To solve your specific problem, you could try downloading the latest version of Kojak's UOAM and ONLY extract & replace the map0.mul file.

UOAM (Kojak) Oct 2015
i have/did DL Kojaks.
which is even stranger because 2 of my guild mates DLed it too and they get nothing just pure black, at least i have a map, even though its black landmassed.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope my fel side champ spawn is just fine... yours is broken.

map.JPG

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
what!

hmmmm, strange.
strange that mine is ok just black and my 2 guild mates dont get anything at all and we all did the Kojak update.

must be missing a map.
fel map.
well im not missing it.... mine is just..... color challenged?

Lord Obsidian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
must be missing a map.
fel map.
well im not missing it.... mine is just..... color challenged?
There is blue sea to the east in your screenie, which is part of the map file, so I think you do have a map0.mul, but it seems to be outdated. Check the "last modified" date of your map0.mul (should be >= Oct 8, 2015). Or do you even have two of them - one in the Classic Client folder and one within UOAM?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the first thing you should try is setting the "Felucca Map Performance Settings..." to all the way slower on all three sliders

if that doesn't work, the color problem is usually caused by an out of date radarcol.mul file in the automap directory - check if it's the same as the one in your UO directory, if not, temporarily rename it and copy the one from your UO directory to see if that makes a difference

and remember, you have to completely restart automap after each change to see any differences

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the first thing you should try is setting the "Felucca Map Performance Settings..." to all the way slower on all three sliders

if that doesn't work, the color problem is usually caused by an out of date radarcol.mul file in the automap directory - check if it's the same as the one in your UO directory, if not, temporarily rename it and copy the one from your UO directory to see if that makes a difference

and remember, you have to completely restart automap after each change to see any differences
Tks!

ive give those a go when i get off shift on Wed and have time to muck about.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
There is blue sea to the east in your screenie, which is part of the map file, so I think you do have a map0.mul, but it seems to be outdated. Check the "last modified" date of your map0.mul (should be >= Oct 8, 2015). Or do you even have two of them - one in the Classic Client folder and one within UOAM?
i will check that as well.