• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous - VvV PvP Gear

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You have opinions on Siege related stuff... We are going to get to know one another.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yep I was guessing, Kats little brother :p

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
So if i was to tell you who i am would you "stfu?"
That would make a lot of sense. I am kelmo and I have never hidden who I am.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
you think i care about "what you think?" I CARE ABOUT HOW YOU"THE PREVAILER"'S STAYED AND THINK YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE SHARD!
I only qouted KAT cause it"s the only recent person you guy's could remeber! lol, as if kat could even pvp lmao.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Man... I have sucked at Stratics... I feel for ya.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I only qouted KAT cause it"s the only recent person you guy's could remeber! lol, as if kat could even pvp lmao.
Was just a guess as if you had been here 10 years, and left 2 years ago, it mean you joined Siege at same time as Kat. I seem to remember she had a little brother but he may be a little younger than you.
I did have the feeling, you was defending Kat before you even said her name.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
that could explain how you sucked at uo tooo.....
I am a hater? how so? cause i told you ,you sucked at uo?,and cuase no one is lefted on seige
Was just a guess as if you had been here 10 years, and left 2 years ago, it mean you joined Siege at same time as Kat. I seem to remember she had a little brother but he may be a little younger than you.

ok maybe my old age has gotten to me, but i can say ive played before her, and about the thing about deffending Kat? have you read my post!?, I TOLD YOU SHE COULD PVP worth crap...

hehe dont let kelmo know you said that.! kelmo would know who's Kat's little bro is.lmao.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm how can you say that seige is not a pvp/pk shard when FEL IS EVERYWHERE!,isnt that kind of contradicting? If FEL Atlantic is "the pvp/pk" shard would'nt it make sense to not have a Trammel there?
Just because it's an all fel ruleset doesn't mean that the only benefit is open pvp. A lot of the benefits are a secondary effect of pvping being open such as a good economy, a strong community, but there are and always have been many many people on siege who have no interest in pvping. I've played siege since it opened, and I never pvped. I played here because the economy was good and crafters were actually useful.

It's not a pvp shard its an unrestricted shard.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Just because it's an all fel ruleset doesn't mean that the only benefit is open pvp. A lot of the benefits are a secondary effect of pvping being open such as a good economy, a strong community, but there are and always have been many many people on siege who have no interest in pvping. I've played siege since it opened, and I never pvped. I played here because the economy was good and crafters were actually useful.

It's not a pvp shard its an unrestricted shard.

I never said anything about the only benefit was open pvp,but open pvp is the main factor of why it's unresticted,so it should be called the pvp shard.but call it whatever you want cause i see no difference in the end because of what its called.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never said anything about the only benefit was open pvp,but open pvp is the main factor of why it's unresticted,so it should be called the pvp shard.but call it whatever you want cause i see no difference in the end because of what its called.
Well, what you call a thing effects people's perception of it. I think a lot of people who don't play siege would like it, but because they hate pvp, and it's "the pvp shard" they think that there's no way they would want to play there. I think people have the idea that there are packs of pks lurking outside of every guardzone waiting to gank newbies/crafters, which is super far from the truth.

Siege is more like original UO in terms of freedom of action, and UO 97 wasn't just "the pvp game". Open pvp may be the main factor that separates Siege from regular shards, but that doesn't mean that's all the shard is about, and labeling it "the pvp shard" gives that impression.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Well, what you call a thing effects people's perception of it. I think a lot of people who don't play siege would like it, but because they hate pvp, and it's "the pvp shard" they think that there's no way they would like it. As if there were packs of pks lurking outside of every guardzone waiting to gank newbies/crafters.

Siege is more like original UO in terms of openness of action, which was not just "the pvp game". Open pvp may be the main factor that makes siege different than regular shards, but that doesn't mean that's all the shard is about, and labeling it "the pvp shard" gives that impression.

Fair enough,and a good explanation!.Not just a reply like"oh you must not play seige" reply hehe.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thought he went by the name "moms basement" or his crafter named toolbag...

"bad english", ''bored warrior"... see what i did there ;p

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not play Siege obviously.
I think that's the issue.. No one really does except a handful or RPers or Crafters let's not forget Rico the lone thief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so ysolt made a new account on stratics to hide his real account.
was he on siege before? I think by looking at his typical forum pvp banter he certainly was siege material.
(it brings back memories)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I don't really care who ysolt is. What I do care about is the balance we currently have on Siege. PvP is very good right now. I know of very few PvP tamers. Most folks respect one another. Looting is very light as we all have pretty much the same stuff.

An endless supply of easily gained power artifacts is a terrible idea for Siege. Twenty some odd shards offer what you want. Go play there.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I don't really care who ysolt is. What I do care about is the balance we currently have on Siege. PvP is very good right now. I know of very few PvP tamers. Most folks respect one another. Looting is very light as we all have pretty much the same stuff.

An endless supply of easily gained power artifacts is a terrible idea for Siege. Twenty some odd shards offer what you want. Go play there.

here we go again,balance pvp bewteen how many players? Light looting? isnt that what atl is? looting of just pots/applles?.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
thought he went by the name "moms basement" or his crafter named toolbag...

"bad english", ''bored warrior"... see what i did there ;p
im a board warrior! thats why i cared to post on stractics untill now,like how kelmo actually said he would kill me or even acknowlege he knows how to pvp till now,when no ones around! lol.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
was he on siege before? I think by looking at his typical forum pvp banter he certainly was siege material.
im not hiding nothing,but you are right isnt this how seige pvpers talk back in the day when theres actually action?.sounds like atl now doesnt it? hehe.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Hehe,this reminds me,if pvpers actually remember the s**t talk that went on BV? battle vortex was it? it would even make the current day atlantian blush lmao........

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
here we go again,balance pvp bewteen how many players? Light looting? isnt that what atl is? looting of just pots/applles?.
No.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Less typing, more thinking. OK? Just a friendly tip.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
NO?!!! what you took one peice of armour? whats the point then?! IM evil! but im good!,what theres more action than couple pvpers? than why the cry help?

I agree pvp doesnt always have to be about looting, BUT THEN ISNT THERE A THING CALLED ARENA?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Excuse me. When you type with capitol letters... Is that to imply you are very agitated?

You have convinced me that you really do not play Siege.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Excuse me. When you type with capitol letters... Is that to imply you are very agitated?

You have convinced me that you really do not play Siege.
i type in caps/to not have mono tone you know?! not just trying to make fun of others when the argument doesnt GO YOUR WAY? and go off topic?"less typing more thinking?".YOU would think this kind of reply come's from a adolescent not a full grown adult, much less a elder of the community.......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* OK

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
Well, when you remember who you were on Siege, let us know...
What do you really think i could gain from me arguing about this with you if i dont play seige?, BECAUSE if it 'go"s my way and the dev"s will listen and seige will gain another player?. I really don't understand why you have such an interest to who i am,not like i'm trying to sell you something?. Even if you say "good we don"t need another player like you",isnt it good to hear the general population's opinion about seige? you never know,you might be able to get some people to play seige if you have a good enough reason?

*Edited* Cause i'm bad with grammar,puntuation's.LOL and spelling i guess.(punctuation!)

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hehe,this reminds me,if pvpers actually remember the s**t talk that went on BV? battle vortex was it? it would even make the current day atlantian blush lmao........
I do remember, when BV was the main UO forum for Siege players, was alot of fun, when a war was going on both on the forum and in game.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Looting on Siege had always depend of respect between the killer and the victim. It worked ok in old days but can be hard for young Siege players, that be blue or red if they of some reason earn disrespect or do not have a guild tag to give them some reputation.
Many new red guilds/PK's will be heavy looting because they get looted a lot and need any loot they can get. In old days, they could survive until they got to know the unwritten rules on Siege and learned, that less looting was better.
Now they can't survive unless they have a crafter too and even then it's hard. The last year, I had seen several red guilds give up, that's sad because they did add fun to the shard.

Sure easier access to good stuff would make it easier for them but we also need the crafters and the farmers. To many wolves and to few sheep are not good for the shard and the wolves will get bored.
We need crafters and farmers get access to more/cheaper resources so they can stock their vendors. Remove vendor fee from both PC and Stall Vendors would help too.

If a crafter easy can craft good and cheap armor, he can afford dying and get looted of the PKs, same with the farmers. That's the way to bring life and fun back. Faction arties or blessed items is not the way.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Another great productive thought out reply by our beloved elder of the seige community........
Two thing you need to learn, how to spell Siege and get some balls and show who you are in game.
I do believe you played Siege in the past. I also believe you miss the fun and would love to see Siege back to life.