• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

HAWKWINDS ROBE

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
SO HUUUUUUGEEEEEELY UGLY, but great item!

Makes my char look like scale-ly fishy old man.

Propose a different hooded look or ways to tweak appearance pllllllssssss.

I can intro you DEVs, Cavalli's designer to help.

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i made several suits with hawkind robe. all my customers came back and complained about it : please use another item and remove this god damn ugly robe. i dont want to play with this ugly robe etc..

now i first ask do you mind if i use hawkwind?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It wouldn't be so bad if the entire robe dyed black, or whatever other color you want. But only parts of it dye, leaving the gold/white in place and makes the ruffles look wonky.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I dunno, its pretty darn fun pvping looking like this!
Just call me Gandalf!

EC looks better though.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I saw someone wearing one dyed black and thought it was pretty neat actually. The ruffles at the bottom kinda make it look like that super old funky cloth (rainbow cloth??).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I saw someone wearing one dyed black and thought it was pretty neat actually. The ruffles at the bottom kinda make it look like that super old funky cloth (rainbow cloth??).
I keep seeing one dyed red and it looked pretty nice.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They just need to make them dyable with Tokuna pigments. That aside, while not the best looking, it's something different and new atleast.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i made several suits with hawkind robe. all my customers came back and complained about it : please use another item and remove this god damn ugly robe. i dont want to play with this ugly robe etc..

now i first ask do you mind if i use hawkwind?
You make suits that include a 100 million gold robe.... what the heck do you charge???

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't make my mind up if it looks more like this:

or this:

This is the EC paperdoll for those that haven't seen it:

EC's actually looks good. It looks terrible in the CC; I said the same about the 15th Anniversary Robes though.

Also, why is there no Gargoyle version of the robe? I don't see too many gargoyle mages, but it'd still be nice for players to have the option.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
EC's actually looks good. It looks terrible in the CC; I said the same about the 15th Anniversary Robes though.

Also, why is there no Gargoyle version of the robe? I don't see too many gargoyle mages, but it'd still be nice for players to have the option.
I don't think there's a garg option for any of the new Roof-drop clothing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
is it like the crimmy that can be modified for a gargoyle?
No you can't modify any of it. 90% of the new Eodon stuff is unusable by Gargoyles. They can't use any of the Dragon Turtle Armor or Tiger Armor either.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have hated gargoyles for years! Where are all the garg

Kasas
Hat of the Magi
Mark of travesty
Basically all hats!!!
Tunics
Sleeves
Gloves
!!!

Just about all armor...geez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The devs have hated gargoyles for years! Where are all the garg

Kasas
Hat of the Magi
Mark of travesty
Basically all hats!!!
Tunics
Sleeves
Gloves
!!!

Just about all armor...geez

Oh I agree... not going to argue with you on any of that. Honestly the Hat of the Magi and some other things ought to be added to Blackthrons of things folk can turn in items for but more overly I think that whole system needs to be dumped for what was asked for in the first place which is that ability to "Alter" items... even if we have to use all sorts of reagents or whatever to do it that's fine.... but there is NO reason why I shouldn't be allowed to alter the Hat of the Magi into a bandanna, Glasses or whatever as long as the item keeps ALL the same properties and stays in the same slot... what it "looks" like shouldn't matter. And a head slot is a head slot whether it is Gargish glasses/earrings or human hats or whatever. Humans wouldn't be allowed to turn the item into earrings... just any other hat. But if they made it a close helm it would get a property of "mage armor" and not qualify for the bonus of non-med metal armor since the original was medible... And that property could not be changed...

Honestly that's still what I want. There is no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to alter stuff. And we should be able to change things back as well.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Kryonix was saying it would be easier to make base garg leather pieces and alter them to make the resists easier to get, but with all these INSANLEY huge resist legendary pieces that no longer matters. As for altering I think altering them one way and its permanent with an altered tag. Going back and forth as convenient as that may be..id prefer a one time alter. Items are not that difficult or expensive to get.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think Kryonix was saying it would be easier to make base garg leather pieces and alter them to make the resists easier to get, but with all these INSANLEY huge resist legendary pieces that no longer matters. As for altering I think altering them one way and its permanent with an altered tag. Going back and forth as convenient as that may be..id prefer a one time alter. Items are not that difficult or expensive to get.

Really when is the last time you got a cloak of augmentation?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

this seems fair and reasonable....so therefore has no chance of ever happening

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ability to "Alter" items... even if we have to use all sorts of reagents or whatever to do it that's fine.... but there is NO reason why I shouldn't be allowed to alter the Hat of the Magi into a bandanna, Glasses or whatever as long as the item keeps ALL the same properties and stays in the same slot... what it "looks" like shouldn't matter.
This would be awesome.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah well I don't have that kind of gold.
Well that's unfortunate, but I don't see how everything should cater to people without gold. Gold is extremely easy to get..unless you're still killing mongbats, and harpies. Hoping to gain your claim to fame selling 10gp potions..

Spend literally an hour a day in shame, or doing any new content and in a week you'll land great gear that sells for 50m a pop easy.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well that's unfortunate, but I don't see how everything should cater to people without gold. Gold is extremely easy to get..unless you're still killing mongbats, and harpies. Hoping to gain your claim to fame selling 10gp potions..

Spend literally an hour a day in shame, or doing any new content and in a week you'll land great gear that sells for 50m a pop easy.

They should really up the loot tables for mongbats already....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

And then spend 16 hours a week putting crap on vendors and working out what this and that is worth and how much to sell it on your vendor and then if you only have 14 hours to play the game then you can spend all of it farming crap to sell and figuring out how to price things and putting on a Vendor and transferring back and forth to Atl to sell some of the stuff..... and transferring that back to GL so you can have money and blah, blah, blah.... and never spend time playing the game with your friends doing things you enjoy because your so busy trying to "make gold" .... and then you wonder what the heck your doing that for... and your friends move on and then you find your playing the game all by yourself and you think.... wow.... what happened this game was so much fun... now it's a grind...

and then you quit.

No thanks rather just play the game with my friends.